Remember

Glimpse of us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Cause sometimes I look in her eyes
And that's where I find a glimpse of us
And I try to fall for her touch
But I'm thinking of the way it was

 

    "So you're finally going on a date with this Chaehyun girl. It's getting more frequent these days, huh? " Giselle told me as she bit into the freshly toasted bread in her hand. "Are you finally opening up to someone? Rina, are you finally getting some action? Do you like her?"

    And now it seems like I'm in the hot seat for a television show with the burning questions.

      Well, this is Aeri we're talking about. I'm completely transparent with her, whether I like it or not. 

    "She's fun to be with," I casually answered as I continued to fix my attire. Just a simple baggy pair of jeans as well as a black printed tee with low-cut shoes. It wasn't too much, just simple.

      As Aeri always said, Simple is best. Less is more, you know?

   "Avoiding the questions would make me want to question you more. You know that right?" Our eyes met through the shared vanity mirror. She eyed me with disapproval.

   "It seems like you don't want me to date, Aeri." When I looked back, she seemed surprised by my statement, which quickly turned into a sly snigger.She put down the plate filled with toasted garlic bread and slowly walked towards me.

   "I never said that... I'm just asking you whether you like this girl or not." It was interlaced with an accusation. In addition to this, she looks like she doesn't believe me. "I just wanted you to be sure..." paused her rant briefly. "Miss ma'am, may I remind you that you were such a wreck when you and Voldemort ended," she stated.

      Oh god. Here we go again.

   "You made smirnoff your water and what?! chips as your normal meal. Oh!And don't forget the Taylor Swift heartbroken songs you kept on playing, Rina! I love Taylor Swift. I mean, who doesn't, right? But I'm guessing the whole floor heard your constant crying with it. Lastly, don't forget that you tried smoking before My God! Those were the dark days." She seemed to have calmed down a bit, "Girl, I just don't want what happened before to happen again." She continued to grumble while looking at me, hopelessyly.

  Those were the days when all I wanted to do was mop around because that was all I could do. I mingled with the wrong people as well. That was the time I first started smoking. I was heavily influenced by my peers. I stopped eventually when my mom found out. It helped, though. It took my mind off of things.

  Deranged was my only constant situation when it happened. Every single day was unbearable, like seriously. How could someone do so much damage? I didn't need her before. My constant routine was wake up-eat-study-recreational activity-sleep, then repeat. How could she manage to mess that all up?

   "See... You always have that look on your face, Rina! Whenever we're talking about her, There's that face! " She pointed out while leaving the room. I continued on brushing my hair, somehow letting Aeri's words get into me.

      Was I really a wreck before? 

  There was that thumping of Aeri's footsteps. This time she's carrying a mug of coffee while still looking at me with her body leaning against our door frame. She sipped while judging my actions.

  She sighed, "I just feel like you aren't over her and doing these casual dates will lead you to another future heartbreak. As your friend... I don't ever want you to become like that again. You were a different person when it ended, Rina." 

  I stopped brushing my hair altogether and looked at her. The look on her face was full of concern.

      Maybe I was too mean.

   "Don't worry about it, Aeri. It won't happen again." I know she doesn't buy it one bit, but otherwise she just agreed and didn't say a word.

      I've moved on.

      I just have to convince myself every time.

 

  I enjoyed it. 

The first date, I mean.

We ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter