Reminisce

Glimpse of us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why then, if she is so perfect
Do I still wish that it was you?
Perfect don't mean that it's working
So what can I do? (do ooh)

    " Why do you want to break up?" She bravely muttered

 I couldn't even look at her. 

 I didn't have the courage to do so.

   Inside these four walls, we stood. Suddenly, the air felt suffocating and I felt the familiar strain on my throat. I looked at her. She was trying her best not to cry.

   " I-I don't know," I stuttered. There was a small sniffle that came from her.

     I'm sorry.

" Is there something wrong with how I treat you? I could change, just tell me and I could change it. " She begged as continous sobs were currently growing. 

 We fell into a painful silence... maybe for her. Why was the only thing that was processing into my mind.

     Why am I breaking up with her? Why did I let it go this far, this long? Why can't I just continue what we have?

     Chae... She's the perfect girlfriend. She's someone who was understanding. She's exactly like her.

     Oh.

     Maybe that's why. It's because of her. 

   "You're perfect, Chae. It's just that I-I can't... I can't prolong whatever we have and I promise you this is all on m-me. I just can't keep whatever we have for long, Chae. " I tried to console myself by knowing that I had failed miserably.was the reason she was breaking down like this.

   "It all meant nothing to you." This relationship, was it even real to you? " Her eyes were bloodshot as she looked into mine. 

   "Did you even love me?" There was hesitation in her voice but she was eager to know, "Or is it still her?' she continued.

 I couldn't answer. And that probably became the giveaway of what she wanted to know. Crestfallen was shown into her face but that quickly changed into anger.

   "Wow... just wow! Seven months down the drain " It was ironic, really. Her face and actions were doing the opposite. She was still crying, yet she was also applauding this whole situation.

   "Chae, I-" As I ambled towards her, I could feel the heaviness of each step I took. Taking in that this would probably be the last time I would be this close to her. I resent the last time we could be together before she renounced me.the time she spent with me. She shared her memories with me.

 The last time before we end where we started...as strangers, but this time strangers with history. Strangers with memories Strangers with unsettled baggage.

 I may become a lesson to her. being a constant reminder to always be wary of people who have an ex. 

 She brought her hand up, signaling me to stop what I was going to do. "You just made me your past time." You just needed someone to fill that spot, didn't you? " She mutters exasperatedly as she rubs her hands up against her face in an attempt to relieve her frustration.

   "And to think that I let you God, I must've been so stupid. To think that I wasted seven months working for a person who just used me." I let her say all those things.

     She's right.

 I once again stayed mum. Because I know whatever I say or do will always result in this.

   "Just leave," I beg. Before I say something bad to you. She tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter