Recall

Glimpse of us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you're out of sight
In my mind

   "Tell me all about the person you're going to meet later!" Aeri enthusiastically said Her eyes, which gleamed brightly, were clearly waiting with bated breath.With her face mask still intact, her face I rolled my eyes as I took a seat at our dining table with her tailing me around.

      It was early in the morning, Aeri. Good Lord, It's so early for this.

   "Can you at least make me coffee before I tell you everything?" I groggily said, drowsiness still evident in my voice. I put my head on the table, face down, grabbing the opportunity to continue sleeping. But the loud cutlery clangs as Aeri looks for them forbids me to do so. 

   "Should I add sugar?" I heard her ask as she fished out a coffee pack.

   "Yes please!" I replied, still face down on our table probably muffling whatever I want to say, but who cares?... I was startled when there was a loud voice busting my ear drums, making me fully awake. "I said, SHOULD I ADD SUGAR?" 

   "Yes please!" I answered, this time louder to match her intensity. She shook her head and brought the freshly brewed coffee to our table.

   "So... Who is this person who's keeping you preoccupied till dawn, huh?" There was that teasing grin along with the brow up that made me irked. With a sigh and a sip of the coffee, I answered,

   "Just someone..." Clearly hiding the bulding smile. Her face suddenly turned disgusted because of my lack of an answer.

   "Come on, I won't judge you, Rina." She uttered as she kept on pressing me for answers. "Like you know me! I've never judged your preference! " I clearly raised my brow in disbelief when she said that. 

     She grumbled, "Okay, fine! The only exception was the guy you dated before... He was so pushy with you and treated you like his maid and not like a girlfriend." She commented as she took a sip of my coffee.

   "Now, tell me who is this person that keeps you smiling so that even when you're scoping for some rice, you have that lovesick grin on your face. It's honestly getting so disgusting now," she questioned.

     I took the cup of coffee onto my side, "a blockmate, and that's that. You know the curse when we share it with our friends. It won't level up to something more. You'll definitely jinx it. I'll keep my mouth shut for this one. " 

    She smugly grinned, "Seems like you want this one to last, huh?"

     I didn't answer until she found a new topic to dwell on.

 

 

     I tried to stop my shaking hands as I tried to insert our dorm room's key.

    Was it excitement or nervousness?

    There was a small chuckle on my back, "Take it easy. We have all night. " I was pretty sure she was grinning even though I could not see her.

    Maybe it was my clumsy nature that it took longer for me to put in the key rather than do it faster than that.

    With the small creaking of the door and I step aside in courtesy, "Just put your bag on our table. I'll just go ahead and change. " She was still checking around the place.

    She sat on our couch and took a throw pillow to put in her lap. "Nice place you have. Might cost a fortune too." 

   I just chose a simple tee and paired it with comfy pajamas "It so happens that me and Aeri have enough funds to get this dorm." I walked to our fridge. "Would you like something to drink?" 

   "Water would be fine," she responded. I took a glass with me and brought it to her. After she gulped down the water, she mumbled a small thank you.

     She gave me back the glass and i put it into our sink."What would you like to watch, by the way?" 

   "Mhmm..Maybe the Harry Potter series?" She suggested cherily. "You did tell me that you watched some, right?"

    "I can barely remember I don't even know the plot of the series, "I plopped beside her. She gently took my hand in hers and began to draw patterns on my palm with her forefinger.

      We were in a comfortable silence until there was a loud knock that disrupted it.

   "Why is it locked?! Rina! OPEN THE DOOR! I FORGOT TO BRING MY SPARE WITH ME! " Aeri yelled as she continued to knock.

     Winter immediately took her hand and made herself seated at the other end of the couch. I smiled at her and walked towards the door.

    You ruined our little moment, Aeri!

   "Thank God! I thought it was going to take you forever to open the do-" She halted midway, feeling the presence of my girlfriend.

   "You didn't tell me that winter is going to be here," she said with gritted teeth, but then when. She now faces my girlfriend. 

     She slowly made her way into her room, "Hi Winter. I apologize for bothering you guys.

     She gave Aeri a small smile and said, "It's no problem. Uhm, do you want to watch with us? "

      Aeri, you better not ruin this for me.

     I gave a threatening

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter