a new start

so close, yet so far.

September 11, 2033

 

“It’s a healthy baby boy” The doctor announced, Haein came out of the emergency room with tears in his eyes

 

“Why is lover boy crying” Rosé

 

“Shut up” He rolled his eyes

 

“I didn’t know Jisoo unnie could scream that loud, god i feel like my ears exploded” Rosé complains

 

“You shouldn’t have come then, did i ever force you to go here” Haein fights back

 

“I have the right to be here, because i'm Jisoo unnie’s best woman on your wedding day” Haein raised his brows

 

“Or you still can’t move on, you said you liked her before right?”

 

“Shut the hell up Haein that was ages ago, i have a girlfriend for your information and i love her so much” She snapped, If the doctor didn’t ask for Haein they would wake up the other patients because of their endless bickering

 

“Well i need to go see my wife and son now girls, and Miss Roseanne Park it’s Haein oppa for you, i’m still nine years older” He reminder her before following the doctor

 

“Whatever, hag” I laughed “You know, people thought that it’s me who wouldn’t get along with Haein oppa when they started dating but turns out that it’s you” 

 

“Jisoo unnie will slap you once she sees you” She reminded me “If i haven’t dragged you out of your house you wouldn’t be coming here”

 

Jisoo and Haein spent their vacation here in Honolulu, and they didn’t expect that Jisoo unnie would give birth once they landed, Rosé on the other hand took the earliest flight to Honolulu from California.

 

“I bought food, do you guys eat hamburgers?” a familiar voice spoke from behind

 

“Everybody likes hamburgers, babe” She grabbed the paperbag from her girlfriend

 

“Who knows if Jennie is in a diet, she might prefer other foods you know” I smiled

 

“Don’t worry Wendy, i love hamburgers” 

 

“Good to hear that” Wendy handed me a hamburger. Both of them have been dating for 4 years, they just recently told the public about their relationship when they felt like they were ready to do so. And I'm proud.

 

“Mommy?” The three of us turned our head when we heard a voice

 

“Thor? Why are you here? Where’s your grandpa?” He's guided by a nurse. I recognized her to be one of our neighbors.

 

“Grandpa asked the nurse to drop me here because he said you’re here, he went into an emergency meeting” He walked behind me when he saw Rosé and Wendy looking at him with wide eyes

 

“You have a child?!” Wendy dropped her hamburger

 

“You have a ing child?!” Rosé screams

 

“Language Rosie” I said while covering my son’s ears “Korean and English” Wendy choked on her drink

 

“Anyway, Why didn’t you tell me?” She asked “Because i know you will freak out just like what’s happening right now” 

 

“Who’s the father?” She asked again “I thought you’re gay?” 

 

“Mommy is gay, and i’m adopted” Thor answered her

 

“Oh” Rosé asked him to come closer “Did you ever ask your mom why she named you a dumb name like Thor?”

 

“His name is Christopher, Thor is just a nickname” I told her

 

“You really went crazy on the Marvel Films”

 

Five years ago the four of us went our separate ways. I haven’t been in contact with the members after that,I took a break from social media. Rosé and Jisoo sent me a lot of handwritten letters after she found out i don’t use any social media anymore, i barely even text. She had her manager deliver it to me personally every three months, she said she can’t come personally because of the people tailing her, they might find out where i live.

 

My dad built his own Hospital here in Hawaii so he could still spend some time with me. While my Mom flies to Korea every month for monthly company meetings, They live in a house 10 minutes away from my own.

 

Along with Rosie’s I received a lot of letters from the fans. Honestly I didn’t read any of it because I know I'll end up crying, so I just put everything in a box. I received envelopes with lots of different colors so I sorted them out and kept them. Maybe one day I'll gather up my courage to read everything.

 

For the last five years, i could say i lived a very happy and peaceful life, i quit the celebrity life and just choose to handle my own farm, Before i left social media i asked the public to please let me have my private life and i’m glad they respected it, well some don’t but i guess it’s okay, we can’t always force everyone, i just hope that they won’t bring any harm or chaos.

 

And this boy right here, he got me through everything, he became my source of strength. I adopted him four years ago when he was two. He’s a ball of sunshine.

 

I watch him play with the couple as they ask him a lot of questions, He looks comfortable with them.

 

I’m glad he likes them.


 

 

September 23, 2033

 

Haein, Jisoo, Rosé, and Wendy went back together in Korea five days ago. They spent a week in my house catching up and resting.

 

It’s 4pm in the afternoon and I'm making pancakes for my little boy who’s playing outside in his tent. It was our typical afternoon. I don’t even know why he always asks me to make pancakes in the afternoon.

 

I was startled when Thor came running “Mommy, a very pretty lady is looking for you” I looked at him before wiping his sweat on the forehead with a towel.

 

“Pretty lady?” He nodded “Yes, She looks like a real life barbie with really nice bangs” I froze.

 

“Eat your pancakes” I ordered him before coming out of my house. I was nervous while i’m on my way outside, thinking it would be the person I had in my mind.

 

And I was right.

 

Standing in front of me was Lalisa Manoban, the one and only.

 

“Hey, Your mom said i will find you here” 

 

I didn’t care about anything else, I ran and embraced her, she laughed and wrapped her arms around me, after all these years I still fit perfectly in her arms.

 

“Was that your son?” She asked

 

“Yes, his name is Thor” She nods. “Like the superhero one?” I laughed

 

“Well, you could say that” 

 

“How old is he?”  She looked at Thor who’s enjoying his pancakes in the living room while watching the TV

 

“He’s six” Lisa looks at me puzzled “The last time i saw you was five years ago, Is he….”

 

I didn’t let her finish “Yeah, He’s adopted” She nodded

 

“Do you mind walking around while catching up?”

 

“Let’s go, i wanna see your farm”

 

We were walking around and I introduced her to the animals I'm taking care of, the fruits and vegetables I'm growing. She picked up some fresh strawberries and complimented the sweetness of it.

 

Lisa seems to be enjoying the farm, She’s smiling the whole time we were walking around.

 

“You really did live a peaceful life” She says

 

“It was all i could ask for”

 

“How about you?” I asked

 

“I continued being a singer but i was mainly based in America and Thailand, i barely get a rest because of my busy schedules, I quit two years ago tho, i’ve been managing a clothing line in Paris now”

 

We stopped by a bench. It was placed on a hill where you could see the whole farm from above and the calm sea on the right. It's beautiful.

 

“What brings you here?” I asked her as we sat down

 

“Well, you weren’t writing back when i sent letters to you, Rosie said her manager is delivering it to you so i also asked her manager to bring mine along” The yellow envelopes, My fans knows i’m not a big fan of the color yellow, and it’s Lisa’s favorite color, i thought it was from the fans so i never gave it a read except for Rosie and Jisoo’s because it has big letters of their name in the front.

 

“I went here to personally invite you to my wedding” She handed me an invitation card inside an envelope. I didn’t open it but I didn't give it back either.

 

“Mino said he misses you, you cut everyone off when you left five years ago, he didn’t know how to contact you” I felt numb when she mentioned my Bestfriend, The last time I checked they were not close. But five years passed, things probably changed.

 

“We’re getting married in April next year Jennie, I hope you can come” I didn’t answer and just enjoyed the beautiful view. Watching the sunset at this time was honestly awful, I used to feel relaxed when I watched it before.

 

“You told me before, you don’t think you’ll ever be in a relationship” i can only bring myself to force a smile “But here you are, inviting me to your wedding”

 

“I’m sorry Jennie” She stared at the sunset

 

“It’s okay” I smiled “You know i just realized, the last time we spent time alone together was 10 years ago, and it was not a good memory”

 

“It was my fault Lisa, i fell in love with my best friend” I said quietly.

 

“You never asked me to love you, You never forced me, so you have nothing to say sorry for”

 

“The first time i saw you was 22 years ago, you were quiet and the teacher said you’re from Thailand so you can only speak english, I greeted you and talked to you because i’m the only one who can speak english, we started becoming friends since then”

 

“I’m sorry if things went 11 years ago, I’m sorry i fell in love with you”

 

“You haven’t seen my letters, have you?” She asked

 

“The yellow ones?” 

 

“Yeah”

 

“I never had the courage” 

 

She stood up from her seat.

 

“I need to catch my flight after dinner, i need to go now”

 

“Is it too much to ask you to stay?”

 

“I have to catch a flight nini” i buried my face on her shoulders as she was patting my head gently

 

“You’ll get your answers if you read my letters”

 

“I need to go now, Jennie”

 

The next thing I knew she was already out of my sight. I went back to my house. There was two yellow envelopes in the door step. I went inside to see Thor looking at me, I kneeled in front of him and fixed his hair, I wiped the honey on the side of his lips with wet wipes, he’s really a messy eater.

 

“She was the one you were with in that photo on your nightstand right?” I nodded, he left the sofa and hugged me tight.

 

“You love her so much don’t you?” He says

 

“I called grandpa to pick me up in a few, i know you want to have some alone time mommy”

 

“I love you, Thor” 

 

“I love you too mom”