INSANITY - The Rose

INSANITY

 

Roses are pretty, but aren't they full of thorns?

 

 

Author's POV

 

It was less than one week of their comeback stage, but the boys already topped almost every Korean music chart’s rank with their new album, Thursday’s Child. The public excitement about their songs along with their new appearance could be easily found through pages of articles on the internet and there were almost no days without seeing them on screen. A bunch of variety and music shows had also been attended in order to expand their already well known name. Such a packed schedule was obviously exhausting, but just as usual, they executed everything flawlessly.

 

Thanks to one song in the track list titled “Good Boys Gone Bad” that went viral, TXT caught a broad attention from public internationally. The highly increased popularity was beyond expectation and it did not only affect them as a team but also members, individually. However, among all of those who cheered and showered the boys with compliments, there would always be someone who hoped for their fallacy.

 

 

Choi Yeonjun’s POV

 

"Akh!"

 

A tiny screech slipped out of my mouth as a sharp pain stung the inner side of my left leg due to the slightest pressure I put against my ankle using my fingertips. With an immediately bitten bottom lip that I could still feel the faint sweetness of bottled lemon water I drank earlier, I threw a quick glance around the van to check whether my voice woke anybody but the driver or not.

It was 02.30 AM KST and we were still on our way back to the dormitory. The rest of the members fell asleep almost as soon as we got into the van after finishing our last schedule today and I let out a sigh in relief when I found that none of them had been bothered by me.

It would be a huge lie if I said that I was not as tired as the others, because in fact, my whole body ached and all I wanted was throwing myself onto my bed. But unfortunately, the bruise that I got from taking the wrong step during our last live performance had been keeping me awake and I could not do anything about it but bearing until we arrive.

I moved slightly on my seat against the middle-left door to get a better position while taking a look at the boys once more. All of them were younger than me and they looked just like babies when they fell into a deep sleep like this. But as usual, whenever I gazed over these lads, there would always be one person who took my attention longer than anybody else.

-

-

-

Choi Soobin...

 

Yes, he did.

 

 

 

I was completely insensible about when or how did it begin, because I had been thinking that the feeling of wanting to be close to him was just naturally developed as we had been living together as good friends for years. Or at least, that’s how I kept ensuring myself this far.

I knew the existence of YeonBin was loved by many people, especially our fans, but it was merely an idea made by our management to catch the public’s attention, or one from many forms of what we called as fan service. There was no way to make it real unless I would like to see everything fall apart; our team’s dreams, my dreams and Soobin’s dreams.

But I had to say that each day was just getting harder to me. As if there was an organ under my chest that was being crashed, that’s how I felt every time I saw him, from far away or right next to him.

Sometimes, I wished that I was just a fan instead of his team member. Who could scream at the top of their lung about how much they love him, who could dream of being his without getting scared of judgement and the risk of losing everything…

 

 

Who could do the things I could never do.

 

 

 

“Huk! Hukh!”

 

Soobin’s coughs got me surprised and I immediately pulled myself that had been unconsciously leaning towards him backward. He had not opened his eyes yet, but a soft frown appeared between his thick eyebrows while a drop of sweat was running down along his right temple even though the temperature inside the van was rather cold.

 

He must be so tired today…

 

I took out some tissues from the bag I kept on my lap before gently wiping his forehead by lightly swaying his bangs to one side.

 

My gaze rolled over his facial features out of my command; starting from those not too long but beautifully curved eyelashes, sharp nose with narrow bridge and small tip, strong jawline that was pretty much contradicted with his gentle look and a pair of plump lips that I always loved the way they moved when he called my name.

 

Again, I found myself worshipping him in the quietest way.

 

I was about to take my hand off his face and threw the tissues away into the rubbish bag in the corner of the van when he suddenly opened his eyes.

 

The fact that Soobin did not even need to rub or blink his eyes to adapt his eyesight with the dim light inside the van made me realize that he had not been sleeping throughout this whole time. But before I manage to say anything to break the awkwardness I felt while facing him quite close, Soobin’s lips were already pulled upward on one side and a playful spark showed on his eyes.

-

-

-

“Enjoying the view, Hyung?”

 

 

 

 

ㅡ To Be Continued ㅡ

 

 

Let me drop a confession here. I guess I'm starting to have a crush on Yeonjun because he is just *chef's kiss*.

Anyway, new chapter is out. I hope you guys like it and if yes, kindly show your support by subscribing and liking this fanfic, also leaving your comment down below. See you on the next chapter and stay healthy!

 

With love,

Elle