Memories that cannot last forever..

Cuz I Love You

The operation day has finally come. Cherry is now lying on the bed, already wearing her operation uniform. Jeongmin sits at her bedside, holding her hands. Love mixed with concern are sparkling in his eyes. He cannot lie. He is, indeed, worried. He's afraid Cherry will leave him. Her tumour is attached in the most dangerous place in her brain after all. But he has to be strong for her. He needs to trust her that she can make it. Cheonsa, Jinki, and her parents are also there in the room. Her dad even canceled his business trip only to accompany her here. They all smile to give her support, even though concern and worry are also obvious in their eyes.

"I'm bald." Cherry sighed, staring at Jeongmin. Her hair just got shaved for the operation. Jeongmin and all people inside chuckled at her statement.

"You're still beautiful to me. You will always be beautiful no matter how you look." he said in a very sweet tone. "Besides, hair can grow." he continued. Cherry shivers at his words. He is such a very sweet guy. Only God knows how much she loves him.

"Thank you." she smiled at him. "I love you." she said lovingly.

"I love you, too. I will always do." Jeongmin moved forward and bump his nose with hers, smiling. He moved up and then kissed her forehead. "Make sure you will come back to me, arasseo?" he said, hugging her. Cherry's mom smiles at the sight before her. It is such a sweet sight. She is happy that Jeongmin doesn't leave her daughter even though Cherry pushed him away. He came back for her. She is grateful that Cherry has such a sweet boyfriend that loves her so much. She wouldn't mind dying now, because she knows her daughters are in the right hand. Jeongmin for Cherry, and Jinki for Cheonsa. She is sure they will take care of her daughters. She can trust them to those boys.

She turned her head to the man beside her. Her lovely man. Her lovely husband. He disliked Cherry having a boyfriend before. They were just 15 back then and he is such a strict father in cases like those. He always disapproves his daughters' relationship at first. But now, she can see love and approval in his eyes for those couples.

"Ehem!! Don't you guys think you are too much? You're still in high school but you're PDA*-ing too much. Look at me and Jinki. We do it privately." Cheonsa broke the sweet atmosphere in the room with her a bit too loud voice. She is such a mood breaker. Jeongmin and Cherry seem to be inseparable. Every time she would visit, they will never be more than a meter apart, except if they really have no other choice but to be apart for a while.

"Eonni is jealous because Jinki oppa is not bold enough to do PDA." Cherry giggles at her own statement, making they all also giggle. Cheonsa glares at her. "I'm not jealous!" she squeals making everybody burst into laughter.

The laughter stopped when the doctor finally came in and smiles at them, feeling the warm atmosphere inside. "Are you ready?" he asked, looking at Cherry. She just nods. The doctor then checked her condition and prepare for the operation. "I'm going to move you now to the operation room, okay?" he said again, looking at her and then the rest of the people inside. They all smile and nod in approval. The doctor and the nurses then prepare for everything then pushed the bed out of the room. Everybody follows. Jeongmin walks beside her, holding her hands. He never let go until it is time for them to stop following and can only stay outside. He stares at the door until it closes, hiding his beloved girl, blocking her from his sight.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After what seems like an eternity to Jeongmin, the door of the operation room finally opens, revealing the doctor from before. He walks out with a satisfied expression, smiling, sending positive signal to all of them. Jeongmin is the fastest to approach him. Eyes are questioning about her, about his loved one.

"You need to thank God that the operation went smoothly. It was a tough one removing the tumour from her brain." he smiled then continue while everybody listens carefully. "It will take some time until she wakes up. And like I've said before, she might forget some things because some parts of her brain are lifted out along with the tumour. But for now, she is perfectly fine." Jeongmin smiles hearing what the doctor said. His Cherry is fine. No, she is perfectly fine. He hugs the doctor, thanking him for saving his Cherry. Yeah, his beloved Cherry. Now, there is nothing to worry. His Cherry has passed the most critical time in her life. She is now safe.

The rest of them smile at each other and the doctor, thanking him with all their might. It's no lie that they all were worried. But they are not anymore after hearing this very good news.

"Thank God for the success of the operation, not me. I'm just doing what I should do. The one giving miracle is God." the doctor said with all humbleness. He is, after all, a humble doctor. "Now, I gotta go. She will be moved to her room again soon." he continued and then walks off.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jeongmin wakes up in the morning, as the sun shines through the window, blinding him. He still never leaves Cherry's side. Thank God they are on summer holiday. He can accompany her all he wants.

"Still sleeping?" he smiles, looking at her lovingly. It has been a week but she hasn't woken up yet. She is still in her deep slumber, maybe gathering all the energy and strength needed when she finally wakes up. "Jagi-ah, wake up soon. I'm starting to missing you. Eum?" he said holding her hand, then kissed her forehead. Suddenly, he felt a small move from Cherry, making him jumped a bit, staring at her, feeling surprised in happiness. Slowly, her eyes shut open and she flutters it to get familiar with her surrounding. Then her eyes set on Jeongmin who is smiling like an idiot, seeing her finally opened her eyes. He tightens his grip on her hand, smiling even wider.

"Excuse me. But, who are you?" she asked. Eyes confused, seeing a stranger standing front of her grinning like a crazy man. "Do I know you?" she asked again. Jeongmin's smile is slowly disapearing. He is shocked with her question.

What is she talking about? Is this what the doctor meant when he told us that she might forget some things? That she might forget me? And yeah, she does forget me! He didn't really think about it before. Only now he realized it. And his world is like crashing down.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

A/N

Sorry if it is kinda bad..I hope you all enjoy reading this..^^