The Scattered Hearts

Cuz I Love You

 

“Aaaarrrrgggg!!!!!!!!” Jeongmin screamed the loudest he can. His room was a mess. The papers and all other things that were supposed to be on the desk was scattered on the floor. And the mirror was broken because of Jeongmin’s punches.

Jeongmin punched the broken mirror in front of him again making his bleeding hands bruised even more, but he didn’t care. He couldn’t feel anymore pain except the pain he felt in his heart. It tortured him. His face showed frustration, disapointment, and pain. Drops of tears never leave his face from the moment Cherry left him alone at that park.

Jeongmin fell on the floor. Tired, after making such a big mess. Tired, because his heart never stopped screaming and crying and aching. He’s just tired.

“Cherry-ah, why? Why did you leave me after all these times we’ve been through together?” Jeongmin mumbled more to himself. More tears escaped his eyes. He looked so weak as if he might break into pieces. Well, at least his heart had.

“Cherry-ah~” he called softly. No answer.

“Cherry-ah~” lourder this time. Still no answer.

“CHERRY-AAAAHHHH!!!!!! AAARRRGGGGG!!!!!!!” Jeongmin screamed like a madman. He didn’t care though. All that he cared was the fact that Cherry actually left him. She ended their relationship with no guilt or regret. More and more tears left his eyes but he had no strength left to stop the tears.

Jeongmin laid down the floor, feeling the coldness of the tiles. His right hand was reaching for a piece of paper. Cherry’s picture. He stared at the picture with blurry eyes as tears kept coming out.

“Cherry-ah, saranghae~” he then embrace the picture on his chest then drifted to sleep with last drops of tears. At least until he woke up.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

*at the hospital the next day*

“WELCOME TO THE HOSPITAL!!” a loud voice followed by giggles could be heard in one of the room at that hospital. Room 0330. That’s where Cherry would be staying.

“why are you two so happy about me staying here?” Cherry pouted.

“well, we are happy because Cherry won’t be bothering us when Jinki visits for a while. Right, jagi?” Another giggle could be heard as Cheonsa dear sister. Jinki could only smile and join his giggling girlfriend.

“eomma~ look at eonni! She’s so mean~” Cherry whined to her mother who was just smiling.

“Cheonsa-ah, stop teasing your sister. Make her feel like home.” Cherry stick-out her tongue over hearing her mother spoke.

“Cherry-ah~ where’s Jeongmin? Doesn’t he want to accompany you here?” everybody in the room froze over hearing Jinki’s question, turning their sights to Cherry, anticipating her reaction. Cherry’s face turned gloomy. Hearing his name mentioned made her heart felt like stopped beating. A drop of tear suddenly escaped her eyes but she wiped it immediately. Jinki’s face showed confusion as to why everybody was acting like that and why Cherry was acting like that.

“we broke up. Yesterday.” Cherry put her widest smile as she sat on the bed, trying so hard not to cry anymore. she thought her tears had dried from crying session last night in her sister’s arms. But it looked like her tears would never dry off. her loved one was not with her anymore. her loved one maybe hated her by this time. But it’s better rather than seeing him here, accompanying her, hoping that she would be recovered while having a hard time holding his tears from falling.

A long silence…………

“Sorry, I didn’t know.” Jinki said breaking the frozen atmosphere. His face showed a guitly and sorry expression toward Cherry.

“It’s okay oppa. It’s not like you’ve just commited a crime.” Cherry said with a smile. A bitter smile. A smile that was forced. A smile that was far from the word sincere.

“well then! I guess Cherry needs a nap. Now get outta here! Chop chop!” Cherry’s mother said with a rather playful tone trying to melt the iced-like situation while ushering Jinki and Cheonsa out. “get some rest, you need it. Call me if you need something. Remember that I am here with you and there are Cheonsa eonni and appa too. And even Jinki oppa. Araseo?” she said to Cherry then kissed her on the forehead before following Jinki and Cheonsa out, shutting the door closed behind her.

In the room, Cherry kept silent. Her heart was crying hard but she kept her state cool. She tried to drift her mind from the thought of Jeongmin by busying herself, changing into the hospital uniform. But to no afail, drop by drop of tears escaped her eyes. She dropped herself on the floor, crying to her heart content. Drops of tears started to wet the floor as she kept crying. Her heart was torn into pieces, broken like a glass that hit the floor.

It was hard for her to break the relationship but she had no other choice. She can’t keep him beside her. She can’t let him cry to his sleep when it is time for her to leave him. She just can’t. It is better if he hates her, isn't it?

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

okay~ I'm sorry, very sorry. I've posted this chapter but unfortunately this site was down and this chapter went missing..i actually had realized that this chapter is somehow not recovered days ago but i only have time now to re-post it and I'm so sorry about that..assignments and such.. :( but well, here it is~ hope u like it.. ^^ I'll try to update next week but I'm not really sure..I have three presentations and two paper works due this and next month and there are A LOT of them, I'm going mad! but I'll try my hardest to update..sorry about all that..and thank u for reading..comments are loved! ^^