Chapter 3

One Life One Love

Los Angeles, California

 

“So what’s going on with you and Yoona?” Taeyeon asked as they sat down at the VIP seat at the stadium.

 

“What you mean?”

 

“Come on! I saw the news that you denied the rumour about you dating the journalist.”

 

“Well….” Yul pause for a while before continue and Taeyeon could see sadness in his eyes. “ She’s not ready to go public with me yet.”

 

“Oh….Umm I’m sorry about that buddy.”

 

“No it’s fine. I understand. She did that for me. She want me to focus more about my career. So yeah….”

 

“I guess you guy can just do it when you decide to get married.”

 

“Get married?”

 

“Uhh… Aren’t you planning to marry her?”

 

“Y-yeah… of course. I’d love to marry her, but do you think that she wants to marry me? I mean not now, but in the future.”

 

“I don’t know man. Umm maybe when the time is right, you can just pop the question?”

 

“But we just start dating. I don’t want to scared her off.”

 

“Getting married seems to be every women’s dream. So I think she might think about it somehow. Look man! Don’t stress about it. Just enjoy your time together for now.” Taeyeon pat Yul on the shoulder to reassure his friend.

 

“Yul Oppa?” Yul heard his name and turn his head to find a girl walking toward him with a big smile on her face.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

“OMG! I can’t believe that I’d run into you here.”

 

“Wow! Me neither.” The two just laugh at their little coincidence while Taeyeon’s eyes almost pop out heart shapes as he looks at Tiffany.

 

Tiffany is a korean-american model and singer. She and Yul used to date briefly when she was promoting in Korea, but they eventually broke up and stay friend because of their busy schedule. Yul make Tiffany feel more like she's a friend than a lover. It was a casual relationship.

 

Taeyeon on the other hand, had a huge crush on Tiffany, but since she was dating Yul at the time, he doesn’t feel like it’s appropriate to contact the girl after they broke up. He also thought that he got over his crush when she left to promote in US, but seeing her again bring back all the feeling.

 

“Hello Taeng Oppa!”

 

“Hi Fany-ah!” Taeyeon slightly blushed and wave his hand cutely at Tiffany which earn another eyes smile from the girl.

 

“So what are you doing here?”

 

“I’m here to sing a song for the game opening.”

 

“Oh wow! That’s wonderful.” Taeyeon said which earn himself a weird look from Yul.

 

“Well, I have to go and rehearse now. Umm Oppa, if you have time,  gimme a call. We should hang out.”

 

“Oh umm sure!” 

 

“Well then see you around.” Tiffany said and leave.

 

“Are you ok there buddy?” Yul asked the lovesick person sitting next to him.

 

“Yul!” Taeyeon suddenly turned serious.

 

“Yeah?” 

 

“I know this isn’t right, but can I hang out with you and Tiffany too?”

 

“What? I mean of course you can, but why are you acting so weird?”

 

“I know you guys used to date an all, but it was in the past now. I uhhh I actually like her.”

 

“Really? Why you never tell me that before?”

 

“Well, you were together. You know?”

 

“You should’ve told me man. Then I’d never even consider going out with her.”

 

“It was just a little crush. I just find her so cute that’s all, but since you guys are not together anymore, I mean if you don’t mind…”

 

“Of course I don’t mind. But aren’t you dating someone for the moment? Wait what’s her name again?”

 

“Ohhhh uhh Nayeon? Um we broke up a while ago.”

 

“Wae? I thought you were into her? You even bake her a cake on her birthday.”

 

“Well we broke up because of that cake.”

 

“What?”

 

“I accidentally write JungYeon’s name on the cake.”

 

“What the heck Tae? How could you write the name of your ex on that cake?”

 

“Can you blame me? Their name are so similar, so I got confuse.”

 

“I guess you don’t like her that much, do you?”

 

“I did like her, but I guess it’s not meant to be.”

 

“Alright fine! How about we hang out for a drink tonight after the game then you can ask Fany out on a date after that?”

 

“That sound good. Thank buddy!”

 

“Anything for you bro!”

 

*

The next day:

SEOUL

 

*GASP*

 

A loud gasp was heard throughout the whole office. This kind of big reaction could only come from one person. Yoona shook her head and continue on with her work while Sunny push her office’s chair from her table toward Yoona’s.

 

“Yahhh Yoong! You’ve gotta see this.”

 

“What is it? Whose scandal is out again?” Yoona know Sunny too well. The girl only interest in celebrity’s scandal after all.

 

“Well well well…. I’ve always thought that you and Kwon Yul are a thing. I guess you guy are really just having Oppa Dongseng relationship after all.”

 

“What do you mean?” Yoona raises her eyebrow at Sunny. Kwon Yul’s name always caught her attention.

 

“Well he did denied the rumour that he’s dating a journalist which I thought was you, and now he’s in LA having a hot date with Tiffany Hwang.”

 

Yoona didn’t even ask Sunny to explain what’s going on. She just snatch the phone of the bunny’s hand and look at the news herself.

 

There she saw the photo of Tiffany and Yul walking out of a bar. The two came out side by side while laughing. It seems like they really enjoy each other company.

 

Yoona’s eyes are burning. She never thought that Yul is this kind of person. He’s not a playboy. Yoona should trust her boyfriend, but her jealousy get over her. Yoona gave the phone back to Sunny and pretend that she’s not interested, but Sunny already saw the way Yoona look at the news.

 

“Are you jealous Yoong?”

 

“What? No!!!! Pfff… why would I be? Yul oppa is just like a brother to me. I’m glad he had fun on his vacation.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah… Good for him.”

 

“Yeah well, they actually dated before, I guess they decide to get back together.”

 

“They used to date?”

 

“Yeah. It was an exclusive news. The news didn’t even get to stay for an hour. Their company took all of it down right away. I got to know because it was one of my sunbae who caught them on a date.”

 

“Well, I hope it’ll work this time.”

 

“I hope so too. They look so good together.” Sunny is gushing over the new born couple and Yoona is not amused.

 

“Yoona! Have you finish the report I ask you to do yesterday?” Boa came in and asked.

 

“Dae unnie! I’ll bring it over to your office.”

 

“Okay thank you.”

 

Yoona was glad to end the conversation with Sunny and get back to work because she couldn’t bear any more second pretending to be fine after what she saw.

 

 

*

 

LA

 

“Heol!!!! No no no no!!!! Oh no!!! This is not good.” Taeyeon said as he saw the news on his twitter account.

 

He and Yul are hanging out at the pool today and Yul’s phone start ringing like crazy. 

 

Yul has no idea what’s going on since he was busy swimming in the pool. Taeyeon has no choice but pick up the phone instead of him.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Yah Kwon Yul!!!! What have you done?” Yul’s manager Yunho scream on the other line.

 

“Hyung hyung hyung!!! Wait!!! It’s me Taeyeon.”

 

“Taeyeon? Where is Yul? Why are you answering his phone?”

 

“He’s swimming in the pool right now, that’s why I pick up the phone.”

 

“Swimming? Yahhhh!!!! How could he be swimming while there’s a total chaos out here. Get that brat on the phone right now!”

 

“Hyung actually he hasn’t even see the news yet.”

 

“Jinja? So what’s going on? Did he get back together with Tiffany? But Boa told me that he’s dating Yoona though.”

 

“No no hyung. We were just hanging out after the game. It was actually my fault. I asked Yul to set me up with Tiffany. We were all together, but then I went to pick up the car from the parking and that’s when they were photographed together without knowing about it. It was just a misunderstanding.”

 

“I see. Yeah well the thing is it’s already spread throughout social media. It’s hard to take it all down. I guess he will have to address this matter through an interview when he come back here. Just ask him to call me when he’s done and I will discuss the detail with him later.”

 

“Dae hyung! I’m sorry for causing you trouble.”

 

“It’s not your fault. Well just enjoy your vacation for now. I’ll see you guys in Seoul.”

 

“Dae hyung!” Taeyeon said and hung up. 

 

He breathed a sigh of relieve once he hung up the call.

 

“Did someone call me? Was it Yoona?” Yul asked as he stood behind Taeyeon. Taeyeon jumped up in shock.

 

“Yah!!! When did you get here? You didn’t make any sound and scare me to dead here.”

 

“Why? Did you do something wrong? Why’d you be scared?”

 

“Well about that….”

 

“What? Did you really do something bad?”

 

“Umm I didn’t but the paparazzi did.”

 

“What? What did they do?” Yul asked and Taeyeon just hand him the phone and show him the article about his dating news.

 

“What the heck???? Seriously???” Yul couldn’t believe his eyes. “But you were with us the whole time.”

 

“Well they just want to sell the news Yul. They will do whatever it take to make it look like you are on a date alone with Tiffany.”

 

“This won’t do Tae. We need to do something.”

 

“Yunho hyung called. He said that you might have to clear up the misunderstanding with an interview when you go back to Seoul. You should give him a call and discuss with him about the detail.”

 

“Ok! Umm did Yoona called?”

 

“Umm nope. Not yet. I guess she didn’t see the news yet?” Taeyeon answer nervously.

 

Yul knows that’s unlikely. His girlfriend work in that industry. She’s surely be the first to see this kind of news and it’s related to him, so it’s obvious. But why didn’t she call? 

 

“I’ll go back to my room now. I will just stay in today so you can enjoy your time with Tiffany.”

 

“You sure you will be ok by yourself?”

 

“Yeah I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me. I need sometime to deal with this problem. Have fun buddy!” Yul patted Taeyeon’s shoulder before taking his towel and head to his room.

 

Once he reach his room, he quickly dial Yoona’s number, but to his disappointment, there’s no answer. He call her like a hundred times, but Yoona didn’t answer him, so he decide to call his sister.

 

“Hello!”

 

“Noona!”

 

“Wae? Can’t get through to Yoona?”

 

“H-how? How did you know?”

 

“It’s all over the news Yul. First let me ask you a question, Is it true?”

 

“Noona are you seriously doubting me?”

 

“Answer me you idiot!”

 

“Of course it’s not true. I did went out with her for a drink but I did not go alone. Taeyeon was there with us and I was actually trying to set Taeyeon up with Tiffany. He likes her and I’m just trying to do my best friend a favour.”

 

“Alright I believe you, but I think you will have to explain to Yoona in person when you are back. She already went home and ask to do her work from home for a few days. I think she need some alone time.”

 

“But she didn’t even call or text me.”

 

“She might be mad because she kind of found out that you and Tiffany used to date.”

 

“Urggg this really drive me crazy. I need to go now Noona!”

 

“What are you going to do?”

 

“I’m going to call Yunho hyung. I need to get on the first flight back to SEOUL.”

 

“Ok Yul! You know where to find her.”

 

“Thank you Noona! I’ll see you when I get back.”

 

“Wait! Did you met Sica?”

 

“No! I was suppose to meet her tomorrow, but I guess I can’t do it. This matter has to deal with asap. I’ll ask Taeyeon to give her the stuff that Omma sent.”

 

“Well ok. I understand. Take care Yul!”

 

“Thank Noona!” Yul said and hung up the phone.

 

He then call his manager and discuss everything with him. He was lucky to find a seat available on a flight back tonight. Yul couldn’t wait to go back. He need to clear this with the media as soon as he arrived because he feel like his oxygen is running out when Yoona is ignoring him like this.

 

*

 

SEOUL

 

“Mr Kwon Yul, is it true that you are dating Miss Hwang Tiffany?” The reporter asked.

 

The moment Yul stepped out of the arrival hall in the airport, there are bunch of reporters waiting for him outside.

 

Yul asked Yunho to let the reporter know that he will be back today and ready to give his statement about the news. He just need clear up the misunderstanding right away. 

 

“I would like to clarify that there is nothing going on between me and Miss Hwang. We’re just friend. We were hanging out as a friend and we weren’t alone. I’d appreciate it if people could stop spreading the fake news. Thank you for being here. Now I’ll need to excuse myself.”

 

Yul bow down politely in front of all the reporter and camera before he left.

 

“Your car is park out front.” Yunho said and hand Yul his car key.

 

“Thank you so much hyung.” Yul said and quickly leave the airport heading to Yoona’s place.

 

*ding dong*

 

The door bell rang bringing Yoona out of her train of thought. She went to the video phone and was surprise to see Yul standing in front of her door. He wasn’t supposed to be here until Sunday. 

 

“Did he came back because of the news?” Yoona question herself.

 

*knock knock knock*

 

Yul is starting to lose his patient as he start knocking rapidly on Yoona’s door.

 

Yoona walk toward the door and open it, but she just stand there showing Yul that she didn’t want him to come inside.

 

“Yoong!” Yul said and pull Yoona into a tight hug. 

 

He was scared and worry that she might not be inside.

 

“What are you doing here?” Yoona asked as she tried to push Yul away from her.

 

“It was just a misunderstanding Yoong.”

 

“What do you expect Yul? I also don’t want to believe it, but those photo seem to be clear enough. Not to mention that you two were a secret couple before. I know you denied it, but I know some people who knew about the truth. So stop lying to me.”

 

“I didn’t lie to you Yoong. Yes Tiffany was my ex girlfriend and we did went out briefly. But that was it. And it was in the past. I’m with you now, Don’t you trust me Yoong?”

 

“Then why are you hanging out with her in LA?”

 

“It was just a casual night out.”

 

“Casual night out? Seriously Yul? Then when you sleep with her, you are going to tell me that it was just a casual sleep over too?”

 

“What? Who say that I’m sleeping with her?”

 

“…..” Yoona didn’t say anything and just look away.

 

“Listen Yoona! You have every right to be mad because of the picture, but you are my girlfriend. You should trust me. You can’t just assumed that I sleep with someone just because of some picture you saw online.”

 

“I don’t know Yul. My head is such a mess right now.” Yoona’s voice is breaking as she said that. Yul just want to lock her in his arms and never let her go.

 

“Baby please! Will you let me in and I will explain everything to you ok?”

 

“Not now Yul. I’m sorry but I’m not ready to talk yet. Please leave me alone.” Yoona said and get back inside her apartment and close the door leaving Yul standing there outside her door.

 

 

*

 

TBC