Chapter 2

One Life One Love

June 2015

 

“Unnie!” Yoona called out when she saw Boa walking inside the restaurant.

 

“Oh Yoona-ah! Anneyeong! Did I make you wait for long?”

 

“No unnie. I just arrived a few minutes ago.”

 

“Ok. Umm let just order drink first.”

 

“Why unnie? Is someone else coming?”

 

“Yeah. I invite my brother too.”

 

“Oh…” Yoona uttered as she tried to hide her smile. The both of them decide to keep their relationship a secret for now, so Boa still didn’t know yet.

 

“Yul!” Boa wave at her brother making Yoona look up to see her boyfriend walking toward their table. Yoona smile cutely at him, and Yul just want to pinch her cheek, but he restrained himself since his sister is here.

 

“Hi Noona! Hi Yoona!”

 

“Hi O-oppa!” Yoona said and blushed lightly while Yul couldn’t stop himself from smiling widely seeing his girlfriend looking all shy.

 

“I hope you don’t mind that I invite Yoona too.”

 

“Of course not. It’s not like we are stranger.”

 

“Ok then, let’s order.”

 

Yul have the habit of cleaning the utensil for Yoona, so he just did it while waiting for their food. Boa saw it, but she didn’t say anything.

 

“Thank you Oppa.” Yoona said and Yul patted her hair softly and smile.

 

Boa clear , breaking the moment between the two of them. Yul just realise that he’s showing too much affection on Yoona in front of his sister, so he move closer to Boa and start patting his sister’s hair awkwardly which earn a cold glare from Boa.

 

“Do you have a death wish?” She said and hit his hand with the chopstick.

 

Yoona mentally facepalm herself at her boyfriend. 

 

They start eating in silent when the food arrived, until Boa starts talking again.

 

“Since when?” She asked making the two look at her.

 

“Nae Unnie?”

 

“Since when did you guys start dating?”

 

“Since Yoona’s birthday.” Yul answer and hold onto Yoona’s hand. He said it proudly and Boa couldn’t be happier. She had been wishing that they would go out with each other.

 

“Finally!!! What take you so long to ask this pretty kid out?”

 

“It’s not important Noona. The important thing is that she’s my girlfriend now.”

 

“Make sure you holding onto her well then.”

 

“I will.” 

 

“Yoona-ah.. If this brat hurt your feeling, just let me know ok? I’ll kill him.”

 

“Dae unnie.” Yoona said and hug Boa. “Thank you for introduce us to each other unnie.”

 

“Thank you for going out with my idiot brother Yoona-ah.”

 

“Yah Noona! I’m still here.”

 

“I’m just stating the truth.”

 

“Yoongie… She’s mean to me.” Yul said and nuzzling his head on Yoona’s shoulder like a little kid.

 

Yoona just chuckle at his cuteness while Boa shook her head at her childish brother.

 

“I heard that you are going to LA soon?” Boa asked.

 

“Yeah. LA dodgers invite me and Taeng over to see the final game.”

 

“Wow! Are they interested in signing you?”

 

“I don’t know.” Yul just shrugged at the question.

 

“Omma wants to send some stuff to Jessica. Do you have sometime to go and see her?”

 

“It should be fine for me, but I’m not sure about her. She’s always been busy.”

 

“Yah, no matter how busy she is, she will find time to meet her brother. Just buy her a good meal when you are there, ok?”

 

“Nae Nae!!!”

 

“You had another sibling?” Yoona asked. She didn’t know that Kwon Yul has another sister. She’s confident that she know almost everything about him, so it came as a surprise to her.

 

“Jess is our sister. Our parents adopted her when she was 10. It was way before Yul is known to public, that’s why no one know about her. She also prefer to hide about it because she always hate attention.” Boa explained.

 

“Ah I see. But why is she living there by herself?” Yoona asked.

 

“She use to stay in an orphanage in LA before she got send back here, so she want to go back there and learn more about her real parents. Our parents decide to move over there with her and they only came back here when she turned 18.”

 

“Ah I see. Has she ever come and visit?”

 

“A few times, but since she graduated college she doesn’t have much time, because she have work to do.” Boa explained.

 

“She’s very talented. She’s building her own brand right after she graduated.” Yul said and Yoona could see that he’s very proud of his little sister.

 

“Oh wow.. You both must be proud of her.”

 

“We are. She works so hard to get where she is right now.” Boa said.

 

Yoona could tell that they are sibling. Yul is also working very hard to be where he is. Life was never been easy for him. 

 

He got into car accident during high school and broke his shoulder. It took him 3 years to get back his strength and speed, but he never give up. He train every single day, and that’s what make Yoona fall for him.

 

*

 

After dinner, they said good bye to Boa and Yul drives Yoona home. Yoona fell asleep during the ride. When they reach Yoona’s place, Yul didn’t wake her up. He just sit there and watch her, but then his phone rang making Yoona stir awake from the noise.

 

Yul cursed Taeyeon for calling him at this moment.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“Oh… Yoona-ah. Sorry about the noise.”

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up?”

 

“You look so tired, so I want you to rest. Also I want to stay with you longer that’s why.” Yul confessed and smile.

 

Yoona smile and pinched his cheek.

 

“Pabo yah. You can wake me up and we can still hang out.”

 

Yul didn’t say anything. He hold onto Yoona’s hand and kiss it. Yoona froze in her place. Yul nervously lean closer and when he saw that Yoona didn’t move, he finally decide to close the gap between them. The two couldn’t stop smiling in between the kiss as they were sharing their first kiss.

 

“I love you.” Yul said once they broke apart.

 

“I love you too.” Yoona replied and lean in for another kiss.

 

At 2am when the world is sleeping, the two rather stay awake because who would want to dream when their reality is so much better.

 

 

*

 

A week later:

 

Yoona’s phone rang and it’s no one other than her loving boyfriend.

 

*sneeze* Hello Oppa?” Yoona answered.

 

“Yoona-ah. Are you ok? Did you catch a cold?”

 

“I’m fine Oppa. *sneeze* I just need to rest a little bit. I will be ok soon.”

 

“Did you take the medicine?”

 

“Aniyo. I finished my report quiet late and the pharmacy is already close. I will go get my medicine tomorrow morning. So how’s Busan? Everything good with your training? You have a game in two day, right?”

 

“Everything is fine over here. How can you worry about me when you are sick like that?”

 

*sighed* I miss you Oppa.”

 

“I miss you too. Now get some sleep ok? Don’t work anymore. I will call Noona and ask her to help you with your report.”

 

“Thank you Oppa. I already call her, and she said she will come see me tomorrow. Don’t worry about me and focus on your training, ok?”

 

“Alright then. Now sleep. I will see you when I get back.”

 

“Nae Oppa. Good night!”

 

“Good night baby.” Yul said and they hung up.

 

“Everything ok?” Taeyeon asked once Yul hung up the phone.

 

“Yoona caught a cold. She couldn’t buy the medicine because it’s already late.”

 

“Oh too bad, if we are in Seoul, you could ask our club’s doctor to give you the cold medicine.”

 

“Right! Why didn’t I think of that? Thank you so much bro! I didn’t know you could be so useful in time like this.” Yul said and run out of his hotel room.

 

“Yah!! Where are you going?”

 

“To see Dr Lee.” 

 

“Yah… You could ask the medicine from him, but how are you going to give it to Yoona?”

 

“I’ll drive there.”

 

“Right now? Are you out of your mind Kwon? It’s 4 hours drive from here. It’ll take you 8 hours to go and then back here.”

 

“I know. That’s why I need to rush now. See you in the morning Taeng.” Yul said and rush off.

 

“That’s what love do to you.” Taeyeon shook his head and laugh at his friend’s craziness.

 

*

 

Yul arrived in Seoul around 1am and Yoona is already asleep by then. Luckily he know the code of her apartment, so he could get inside without waking her up. He tried not to make any noise when he enter her apartment.

 

Yoona was shaking in her sleep, so Yul put another blanket on her. He took off his hat and put it on her desk along with the medicine. He wants her to take the medicine, but think that he shouldn’t wake her up in this state, so he decide to leave the medicine there and she will take it first thing in the morning. He looks at the time and it’s already 2am. He need to rush back before his morning training session. He gave Yoona a kiss on her forehead and left her apartment. 

 

*

 

The next morning:

 

Boa ring the bell of Yoona’s apartment waking Yoona up. Yoona slowly get off the bed and open the door for her.

 

“Good morning Unnie!”

 

“Morning Yoona-ah. How are you feeling?”

 

“Not good unnie. I still have headache.”

 

“Omma made the porridge for you. Eat it and then take your med.”

 

“Oh you brought the medicine too?”

 

“Aniya. Isn’t that your medicine?” Boa said and pointed at the small package on the desk.

 

Yoona look at the package and then look at Boa.

 

“I didn’t buy it. The pharmacy was closed last night.”

 

“If you didn’t buy it then who?” Boa think for a second then she saw Yul’s hat on Yoona’s desk. “Wait! Isn’t that my brother’s hat?” She went to Yoona’s desk and pick the hat up and saw Yul’s initial on the hat. “Daebak!!! Did he came all the way here from Busan just to give you medicine? Wahhh…. Kwon Yul jinja….” Boa can’t believe what she just witness.

 

Yoona could only blushed at the thought that her boyfriend just did the most romantic gesture for her.

 

“I can’t believe he did this. He must be tired.” Yoona said as she pick up the medicine and hug it. 

 

Boa just shook her head and chuckle. These two are just so adorable. It seems like he really loves Yoona. She’s happy for them anyway.

 

*

 

A few days later:

 

3am:

 

Yoona is sitting in front of her apartment while waiting to see Yul. He just finish the game and came back to SEOUL tonight. He told her that he could just come and see her in the morning, because he didn’t want her to wait until late to see him, but Yoona insist that she will wait and she has to see him today. 

 

After a while, the sound of Yul’s sport car was heard and Yoona couldn’t hide her excitement. She jump from her seat and ran toward Yul as he came out of his car and wait for her with his arms open. Yoona gave him a bear hug.

 

“Anneyeong Yoona-ah.”

 

“I miss you Oppa.”

 

And instead of saying it back, Yul put his arm on her waist and pull her closer for a sweet longing kiss.

 

*

 

“I’m leaving for LA next week and I have a game this weekend. Should we go on a date or go to see a movie tomorrow night?” Yul ask as he was walking Yoona back to her apartment.

 

“Ok. I’m free tomorrow night anyway.”

 

“Cool. I will pick you up around 6pm?”

 

“Nae Oppa.”

 

“Good night baby.” 

 

“Good night Oppa.”

 

*

 

At the movie:

 

“Yoona-ah I got the ticket.”

 

“Oppa, why didn’t you wear your mask? What if the reporter saw us?”

 

“Then let them. I don’t mind.” Yul smile at her, but Yoona is not sure if this is a good idea. She didn’t want Yul to make headline because of their dating news. “Come on! It’s ok.”

 

“Fine. Umm let’s get some pop corn before we go in then.”

 

They went to get popcorn and the guy at the counter immediately recognise Yul.

 

“Are you Athlete Kwon Yul, by any chance?”

 

“Ohh yes I am.” Yul answer him politely.

 

“I’m a very big fan of you. May I have your autograph?”

 

“Yes sure!” He said and the guy gave him a pen and a paper. “There you go!” He gave the paper back to the guy and Yoona is ready to pay for the popcorn, but before they could leave, the guy ask another question.

 

“Is she your girlfriend?”

 

Before Yul could say anything, Yoona already cut him and answer.

 

“Aniyo. We are just close friend.” She gave the guy a polite smile and turn to Yul. “Let’s go Oppa! The movie is about to start.”

 

“Have a good time at the movie Athlete Kwon!” 

 

“Dae! Khamsahamnida.”

 

 

*

 

Yul didn’t talk for the whole movie. He was sulking. Why would Yoona say that they are just close friend? Is she ashamed to be with him? But the worse is that Yoona didn’t even notice that he’s sulking.

 

Once the movie is over they walk out of there with Yoona still laughing about the movie.

 

“Wow… that movie was so funny Oppa. Did you see the two main actor running through the….” Yoona pause when she notice Yul with his head down. “Oppa are you ok?”

 

“Uh? Ohhh I’m fine.”

 

“Don’t you like the movie?”

 

“I do. It was funny.”

 

“Then why are you looking so down?”

 

“No I’m not. Umm wait here, I’ll go and get the car.” Yul said and rush off to get his car.

 

Yoona thinks for a while and finally realise why he’s acting this way.

 

The drive home was quiet. Yul didn’t talk much and only focus on driving. Yoona wanted to ask him, but knowing his personality, he might just deny that he was mad because she wouldn’t want to admit about their relationship in public. 

 

It’s not like Yoona didn’t want the world to know about them, but she just doesn’t like it when the attention is focus on them. She’s not ready to face that yet.

 

“Here we are.” Yul said once he stopped the car in front of Yoona’s apartment.

 

“Thank you for the night out Oppa.” Yoona said.

 

“It’s ok. Umm Are you going to come to the game this weekend?”

 

“Yes of course. My boyfriend is playing, why would’t I be there?” Yoona tried to lifted up the mood.

 

“Well, I will send you the ticket by e-mail then.”

 

“Nae. Thank you Oppa.”

 

“Ok. So umm have a good rest Yoona. Good night!”

 

“Oppa?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Do you want to come upstair for a while?”

 

“Oh… uhh ok.”

 

He parked his car and go upstair with Yoona.

 

“Are you hungry Oppa?” Yoona asked breaking the silent inside the elevator.

 

“No I’m fine. What about you?”

 

“Me too. Umm Let’s have some tea then.”

 

“Ok.”

 

“Here you go!” Yoona said as she hands Yul the tea cup.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Yoona sit down at the table in front of him and hold onto his hand.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

“Yeah. I’m fine.”

 

“Liar!!! You obviously sulking.”

 

“I’m not.” Yul said and avoid Yoona’s eyes. “ Why would I be sulking?”

 

“Oppa!!!!” Yoona calling him while using a cute voice. she stand up and walk toward Yul then sitting on his lap. “Look at me!”

 

“Uhhhh yeah?” Yul couldn’t help but flustered with Yoona this close to him.

 

“Oppa! Mian! I know that you want us to be openly dating. I also want that too, but you are at the peak of your career and there’s so much more for you to achieve. I don’t want the public to move their attention to your private life rather than your talent and your career.”

 

“Yes I understand, but I just wanted to show you off to the world because you are such an amazing person. I’m just so proud that you are my girlfriend. That’s all.”

 

“That’s enough for me to know that you are proud and happy to be in a relationship with me Oppa. I don’t care about other people. I’m just happy when you are with me and that’s more than enough for me.”

 

“Hmmm Alright fine! We will go public when you are ready. I’m sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable.”

 

“Aniya Oppa. I’m the most comfortable when I’m with you.” Yoona said making Yul smile happily while looking lovingly at her.

 

He pull her closer and wrap her tightly in his embrace.

 

“I’m going to miss you like crazy when I leave.”

 

“It’s only one week. We will be fine.” 

 

“Don’t you miss me?”

 

“Of course I do.”

 

“Then come with me!”

 

“You know I’d love to, but I can’t. I still have a lot of work to do.” 

 

“Let Noona do it for you.” Yul said making Yoona chuckle and get off his lap.

 

“She will kill you Oppa.” She said and turn away, but before she could go anywhere, Yul pull her back to his lap making Yoona loose her balance and fall into his arms.

 

Yoona looks surprise, but Yul just give her his most charming smile.

 

“Is it ok if I kiss you?” Yul playfully asked.

 

“Do you even need to ask?” Yoona playfully answered and they laugh before Yul pull her closer and kiss her soft and sweet.

 

 

*

 

TBC