Fear Outside of a Locked Door

All Roses Have Thorns

     Damn it Himchan. If you touch her I am going kill you.  All I can do is stand frustrated outside of Himchan’s door.  I want to break the door down, but I can’t call the attention of the others into this mess; then I really would have to kill him. 

     I never forgot that day three years ago, when she spared my life.

Flashback~

     “Follow me” Jake orders.  I don’t question him, his ranking is a B.A.P, I am just a green member.  I know better than to leave my position, but I can’t refuse him either.  I also can’t let him go on his own; that would be the worst thing I could do.  “There’s a wilted rose just around the corner.  I want to finish the job.”

     We quietly sneak around the corner, and when we emerge on the other side we are both surprised to see two more Roses, as well as the wounded one.

So loyal, if I was wounded like that the Bunnies would leave me for dead.  Is that a female?  What the hell is a girl doing here?  Is she in the Roses?Many thoughts race through my head as I aim my gun at the three Roses in front of me.  A halting scream fills the air as I see Himchan’s sister round the corner, knife drawn.  She’s yelling “Jake!”

     Everything happens so quickly.  Three guns go off as Jake, and the two Roses open fire.  Himchan’s sister drops to the ground, she isn’t moving.  I then look to Jake for orders, but he too is collapsed on the ground, a pool of blood slowly forming around him. 

     When the girl orders me to drop my gun I follow orders.  These Roses are deadly; I won’t stand a chance against both of them at the current moment.  I also decide it’s best to show her I won’t be resisting at all, hoping that they’ll take me as ransom instead of kill me on the spot.  I continue to comply with her orders as she calls me to her.  Then everything goes black, but I remember hearing a soft voice say “Sorry” before I lose all consciousness.

~End Flashback

     Who was that? Why did she spare me?  I was such an easy target.  How can they be so loyal to each other? It’s these questions that plagued me after that incident.  It’s the reason why I decided to challenge the leader and take over.  I wanted to create a Bunnies that are loyal like the Roses, and a Bunnies that didn’t just take life when it was easy to take.

     I, also, have been keeping a close eye on her ever since.  I even tried to protect her in my own way, though I ended up failing before.  And now it looks like I will fail her again.  The irony of the whole situation doesn’t escape me.  That day ended up being one of my most precious memories, while it only ended up hurting the two people I care about most.  Standing outside of this door while those two people are probably tearing each other apart is killing me.

     “Yongguk, what are you doing? Where’s _______?”

     Youngjae, damn, you have the worst timing.

     “Nothing.  Get out of here.”  I growl in my panic, and anger.

    “She’s not in there with Himchan is she?”  Why do you have to be so f****** perceptive? Just get lost, take the hint.

     “Youngjae, this doesn’t concern you.”  I take on the role of the in-control-leader as I try to send Youngjae away.

     “He knows doesn’t he?  He’s figured it out.”  Panic invades Youngjae’s voice.  It’s obvious he became just as attached to her as I have in this short time that she’s been with us.  We don’t meet someone as relaxed, and spirited as she is very often. “What are you doing just standing here!?  You need to break in the door!”  Youngjae moves to try to break down the door himself.  I know he won’t be able to, but I stop him because I don’t want any more attention brought to the situation.

     “Youngjae, you have to think about this for a minute.  Which is more dangerous for her and Himchan?  Them being alone there, or breaking in?”  I am surprised I have to be this blunt with him; he usually picks up on the message I am trying to send with a few short words. He’s being blinded.

     He stops, taking in what I said; realization is clear in his eyes.  OK, situation under contro… A Sudden out burst from the other side of the door cuts me short.

     “YOU! DON’T!” I hear, its ______-ah’s voice.  There’s fear, pain, and rage mixed in her sweet voice.  It sends my heart racing.  I need to do something.  I can’t just stand here.  My body reacts before I even realize what I am doing.  I break down the door.  I didn’t even notice Youngjae, who also rushed the door to break in.

     The scene before us as we enter the room leaves me frozen in the door frame.  I was not expecting this.