The Truth and Deeper Understanding

All Roses Have Thorns

     “I won’t kill her Yongguk,” Himchan coldly tells Yongguk.  “I’ve already settled my score.  I just want to know why.  Why did my sister have to die?  She wasn’t even in the Bunnies.  Why did you kill her?”  By the time Himchan was on his last sentence he was screaming, his tear filled eyes held rage and an old pain.  His last question was directed at me.

     My heart is now racing.  I remember everything from that day three years ago very clearly.  It was the day I killed a young woman.  It’s a day that has never left me.

~Flashback

     “______! Move out of there!”  Wonbin yells as I run for cover.  I am caught in the cross fire between the Roses and the Bunnies.  My eyes lock with Wonbin’s, and he realizes something is wrong.  I then look towards where Jonghoon should have been shooting from trying to convey the message that: Jonghoon has been wounded, and I need to get to him.  Wonbin understood me; he nods his understanding before turning his attention back to the fight.

     I dive for cover as I near Jonghoon.  We’re in a very bad corner, there’s not much protection from the bullets flying everywhere.  Jonghoon, you stupid man, why the heck did you move from the spot I assigned to you?

     “You idiot.”  I scold Jonghoon as I check the severity of his wound.  The bullet has gone straight through his side.  Oh, please, let it be a clean shot.  Let his organs be intact.  I can’t save him if it’s damaged his stomach or intestines.  I try to settle my now panicking mind.  I need to stay focused.  I need to stop the bleeding and get Jonghoon out of here.

     The raining of bullets makes it difficult for me to focus.  I need to think of who is closest to me.  I don’t want any of them to move through that hail storm.  Suddenly I remember where I positioned Jaejin.  I send out a whistle.  It’s one that only Jaejin will answer to.  It doesn’t take him long to get to my side and await my orders.

     “We have to get Jonghoon out of here.  I only temporarily stopped the bleeding.  You need to help him walk.  I’ll cover you.”  I give the hand signal to move out and we start the journey to safety.

     Suddenly out of nowhere two bunnies show up.  One is from the B.A.P rank while another is a regular member.  Jaejin and myself press ourselves together, holding Jonghoon (who’s barely conscious) up between our backs.  Jaejin is locked on B.A.P while I target the other member.  Suddenly a girl appears.  She yells: “Jake!” while running straight for Jaejin with a knife out.  The B.A.P member fires his gun at Jaejin.

     I have no time to think.  All I can do is react.  I hear Jaejin take a shot at the B.A.P (indicating he is still alive) while I take a shot at the girl.  By the time I get my gun aimed at her she is almost in point blank range.  My bullet kills her instantly.  I still don’t have time to think while I swing back towards the regular member.  He seems to be a new member, or as we call them, a green member.  He’s frozen to his spot; and he didn’t move to help either the girl or the B.A.P member who is now dead as well.

     Jaejin and I both have our guns locked on him.  He looks panicked, like a bunny corned in a chicken coop by a fox.  It could all be over for him soon.

     “Gun. Down.” I order abruptly.  He does what I order without hesitation.  He even slides the gun towards me.  I kick it away from either of us.  “Come here.”  I order.  He does as I say once again.  When he is close enough to me I take the of my gun and knock him out cold.  No more blood needed to be spilled here, but I couldn’t have him sending more Bunnies after us.  “Sorry.”  I whisper as Jaejin and I continue to get the now totally unconscious Jonghoon to safety.

End Flashback~

     I still had nightmares about that day.  I also can still remember the taste as I vomited severely once we were all in a safe place.  I had never killed someone at such a close range before.  It was absolutely horrendous. 

     “I told you.  She was trying to protect Jake; she attacked them to try and save him.”  Yongguk remorsefully says.

     “You!” I exclaim as I realize that Yongguk was the young man I had spared that day.  “You were the green, obedient Bunny.”  My eyes lock with Yongguk’s.  We share a glance that conveys so much understanding it sends a shiver down my spine.

     “Don’t change the subject”  Himchan snaps, pulling me back to the situation at hand. “Why did you kill my sister!”

     “Himchan, I to-“

     “Yongguk!  I need to hear it from her.”  Himchan cuts Yongguk off.

     “I didn’t know she was defending the other man there, but she came running at my two friends.  I couldn’t allow her to harm them.  She wasn’t innocent. I don’t kill innocent bystanders.  I have always regretted having killed her, but I won’t regret saving my friends.”  I can’t even look at Himchan. “I’m sorry she had to die.  She’s the only woman I have ever killed.”  My own honesty surprises me.

     I know I am once again breaking rule one, but I can sympathize with Himchan.  After losing Wonbin all I’ve wanted is to find out why he was killed.  I also want revenge on Yongguk for ordering Wonbin’s death.

     Suddenly a hand latches around my own, and I am being dragged out of the room, and down the hallway.  I hear someone running after us.

     “Himchan!  What in hell do you think you’re doing!?”  The husky voice of Yongguk yells after us.

     Himchan shoves me in to a room on our left.  He quickly turns, slamming the door in Yongguk’s face, and locking the door.

     “Sorry, Yongguk.  I need to do this.”  Himchan says towards the door before he quickly whips around to face me.  Though my heart is racing, I don’t back up as Himchan moves closer to me.  He’s mere inches from me

     “You killed my sister.” He says; his eyes unreadable as he looks down upon me.