SIDE D {PLEASURES}

Clue &/ Note

“I don't think I can face him again...and not like this,” Jonghyun admitted as he stared out of the window at the rain that trickled down the glass, the sky darkening much like his mood.
“We have to. It'll just be once, hopefully. But even if it's more than that, you know I'm here for you,” Minho said as he approached the shorter one and held his shoulders softly to massage them.
He could understand that Jonghyun was stressed and upset. After all, he felt the same.

Ever since Taemin had been arrested, there was a sense of ease in both their hearts, but at the same time, there was a dark cloud above their heads. They knew they'd have to testify against him, and while this seemed like where their freedom would come in, it just felt like another stressor on them. They didn't feel much better than they did when they were sitting in the interrogation rooms.

“What if this goes on for years? Or what if he gets a short sentence? Don't you think he'll come for us again?” Jonghyun asked with a shake of his head. His face drooped, and his heart pained. He wished he had never got involved with Minho. Or started dating Taemin. Or better yet, even met Taemin at all.
“Even if he tries, the police will find a way to keep us safe. Witness protection, and all that,” Minho tried to comfort Jonghyun, but he deftly shook off the younger man's hands from his shoulders.
“I don't want to live the rest of my life in hiding. What kind of life is that, anyway? What will happen if we have to move to a whole new country and live there?” Jonghyun asked.
“Then that's what we'll do. And we'll adapt. Why are you so pessimistic about it? Is it not good enough just for us to be together, even if we're running away from our crazy ex?” Minho asked, his feelings hurt; he could understand that Jonghyun didn't want to leave or hide or change his identity, but it felt like he was more against it because Minho was involved.

“You know that's not what I meant. I just,” Jonghyun turned to Minho, brushing a hand through his hair in frustration, “I just hate that we have to put our lives on hold because of him. We'll always look over our shoulders, and he'll always be there in the background, ready to hurt us. I don't care if he hurts me, but you don't deserve it. This is all my fault, and I don't want you to get punished for it,”
“Your fault? What are you on about? It's not your fault that Taemin isn't okay mentally. How could you have known he'd do this to you or us? If you're saying it's your fault because of what we did, then it's my fault too. It's not like I said no to you,” Minho said with his hands on his hips. He looked mad, but his soft voice gave away that he was feeling bad that Jonghyun was blaming himself for something which was out of his control.

Jonghyun stared at the other man, then sighed and looked away, “I guess...”

“Look, I know this is hard on you, and I know you don't want anything to happen to either of us, but even if we have to move away from here, then it's okay to me. We've always been happy together, right? Why would it change if we move to France, or London, or any other place on the planet together?” Minho asked, sighing as well, then moved closer to Jonghyun to hold him softly.
“It wouldn't. I know that. But what if you don't like being with me eventually? Then you can't even come home,” Jonghyun murmured as he looked up at the giant of a man. Minho simply put one finger over his plump lips gently with a small smile, leaning down to peck Jonghyun's lips after.
“Why would I? Even if it does happen, either of us can go somewhere else. But don't think about things like that. Let's just think about nice things like...what will we have for lunch today?” Minho asked with a grin, and Jonghyun laughed. At least there was one positive side to this - being with Minho without many worries about Taemin.