Daily Life

Red's Not My Color

"You ever coming back up here or what?"

"Why?" Yongjin remained in his cross-legged position on top of a dresser being stored down in the basement reading through his old journals.

"Cause the ing cats are ing annoying!"

"They're in heat."

"IT'S ING ANNOYING!"

"Put me down here and close the door then."

A few thuds and a slam told him that Kwangsoo had listened. He looks up from the book to see the cats in question slowly make their way down the stairs. Yongjin goes back to his book once he feels certain that the cats are fine. The one who bonded with him the most jumps up into his lap. He stares at her and she stares back. Yongjin referred to her as MJ or Mitten Jackson. She only had one mitten which oddly enough was on the same paw as his hand.

"What you want MJ?"

She bats at his hand.

"How about this instead?"

Yongjin picks up a green bottle cap tossing it. MJ darts after it then brings it back. He groans but tosses it again. Yongjin tries to balance tossing it for her and reading. She gets bored then decides to bat around the bottle cap for a bit letting him read.

"...well a duck... I think I know how to get free of them." Yongjin looks at MJ who isn't interested. "I have to either become human or make the person who mates with me so miserable they cut ties... Hell, maybe I can get them to reject me..."

MJ yawns stretching out.

"I know it's boring. I can't do the other options. Killing myself doesn't actually help... Killing anyone interested in me is just wrong. They already have to suffer with me... Might have to go see if Felix will teach me how to fight. . Felix didn't give me a way to contact him..."

Yongjin's ranting comes to a quick end hearing his uncle call out about food. Maybe if he ate a little bit then he could actually think. Kwangsoo sanding by the door forces him to squeeze through the barely opened cracked door. Yongjin tried to get a plate but Kwangsoo pushes his way through to get food first. Yongjin soghs taking a step back but is forced to leave the tiny kitchen as Yongjin standing there made it hard to get drinks to go with food. Kwangsoo ate standing over the food so Yongjin still had to wait to get something.

"Hey. Move so other people can eat."

Yongjin steps back so his uncle could scold Kwangsoo more properly. He also had to pretend that it wasn't weird how Kwangsoo brushed far too close to him. As in his whole body touched Yongjin as he walked past him. Yongjin tried to put that out of his head going over to make his mother a meal. By the time he'd woken her up and given her the food, Kwangsoo was making another plate. Yongjin stood off to the side in a corner of the tiny kitchen giving him far too much room. He didn't want a repeat of earlier.

"Jin! Can you get me something to drink after you get your food?"

Yongjin jumps up hurrying to get his mother a cup full of ice. He'd get food afterward. She won't like it but what can Yongjin do. He just listens to her. Yongjin sits on his bed in his mother's room eating his food in silence. When he finishes he cleans up his plate and his mother's plate. Then he is forced to do dishes.