Blood & Bruising

Red's Not My Color

Yongjin woke up to screaming later that day. One voice he did know and the other he didn't. He sat up trying to ignore the way his head swam or the room spun. The cousin that lived with him was causing a fuss. Yongjin didn't have to wait long for the two to make it into the room. He watches his cousin seem close to tears trying to reach him. Yongjin scratches his head with a big yawn. It didn't feel like he slept for too long.

"Sir you have to leave! He needs his rest!"

"I'm family! He's like my little brother!"

Yongjin grimaces, he was older than all his cousins. The two continue till the nurse is called away. A punch in the arm is the only greeting he gets from said cousin. Yongjin rubs the spot. Of course, this sets this cousin off on a rant.

"Why did that hurt? You that weak sitting in that bed... Ah. Who am I kidding you've always been weak as hell. It's cause you lock yourself away like a freak."

Yongjin looks up at the ceiling. He prays that his cousin would leave very soon. Like now. Before he starts his usual bull.

"See. There you ing go again ignoring people like you're too good. Stuck up, bastard. Why can't you just get your head out of your ! Nothing about you is so ing special! Quit acting like it is! You--"

Yongjin blinks surprised by his cousin grabbing him. The words he was used to. That's nicer than the last time. Last time he made some comments about his mother. Yongjin knew it would never the end. Even if he stopped talking there was more.

"...are you even ing listening?!"

"The whole ing hospital can hear your bull. Drop Yongjin and get the out."

"Excuse you. This is a private family matter. the out."

"You decided to have your freak out in public. Therefore not private."

" off! I--"

The blonde chuckles walking across the room. Yongjin tugs on his cousin's shirt trying to draw his attention back. He couldn't let this idiot get himself killed. Yongjin gets an elbow in the face as his reward. His head jerked back combined with his cousin holding him making the IV in his arms move as well. Blood now poured from Yongjin's nose and his arm wasn't doing too hot either. The machine the IV attached to started making weird noises. This drew the attention of the nurses. The blonde used that opening to get Yongjin's cousin thrown out.

"What the hell happened in here?"

"That guy was roughhousing him and popped him in the nose. I think the roughhousing did something to the needle."

Yongjin had to keep an eye on the blonde man. Why had he gotten involved? Why had the blonde man nearly killed his cousin? Once the nurses cleared out so did the blonde man. He tried asking the nurses but none of them really bothered to read his question. Yongjin wanted his voice back already. He settles for a nap. After all what else could he do trapped here?

 

Yongjin's nap once more is ended too soon. This time he heard just the blonde man. Was he singing? What language was that? A chuckle let him know that he'd been caught.

"I heard you were asking about me."

Yongjin flushes seeing him hold the whiteboard with his question still there.

"You want my name? How about I give it to you with a price?"

Yongjin tries to take the board.

"Nope. Just yes or no."

Yongjin frowns.

"Come on. You'll like it."

Yongjin blushes noting how deep he made his voice.

"Just nod or shake your head."

Yongjin nods only to tense. He meant to nod to show he understood not to agree.

"Then I'll take my payment."

Yongjin squeezes his eyes closed. Nothing happens. He waits a bit longer. Something is moving. Yongjin remains completely still. He didn't want to move if he decided to hit Yongjin. Something pushes against his lips. He remains still as it pushes more. Yongjin didn't understand what was going on but let it keep going. The pressure eases.

"Lee Yongbok... Felix."