Present Day

Before We Say Goodbye (Winrina/Jiminjeong ff)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong opened her eyes and all she could see was white. No walls but it seemed to be infinite. She was also wearing white. Confused, she stood up and started walking.

Was there even a way out? Where was she anyway? Was she in heaven already? Was she dead, too?

But wait, where was Jimin?

"Minjeong."

Minjeong almost jumped when someone suddenly spoke. Minjeong turned around and she saw Jimin behind her. She couldn't contain her happiness to see Jimin okay. She ran towards Jimin to give her a tight hug.

"Oh my God, Jimin." Minjeong sighed in relief and pulled away to look at Jimin. "This is crazy." She chuckled. "You're here."

Jimin smiled and nodded.

"My Minmin," Jimin said as she messed Minjeong's hair.

"I have so many things to tell you," Minjeong excitedly said like a child. "Can you believe that I got stuck in a time loop? That was the craziest thing I've ever experienced but I would totally never want to be stuck in one again."

Jimin softly chuckled.

"Really? If I were to be stuck in a time loop, I would definitely eat everything I want to eat," Jimin shared and Minjeong's eyes widened.

"You said the same thing when I was in a time loop!"

"Oh, yeah?" Jimin chuckled. "What did you do when you were in a time loop?"

Minjeong's face dropped as she recalled everything.

"I told you...that I love you," Minjeong mumbled.

"Do you still love me?" Jimin asked and Minjeong looked at her.

"Of course, I do. Always." Minjeong smiled.

"What if..."

Minjeong's forehead formed a crease.

"What?"

"What if I told you this isn't real?" Jimin said, her expression was gloomy.

"W-What do you mean?" Minjeong asked, getting confused.

"This isn't real, Minjeong. I'm...not alive."

"What?" Minjeong's voice cracked, the pain was painted on her face. "No, you're joking."

"I'm not joking."

"Then what is this? What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" Minjeong raised her voice, taking a step backward.

"Don't be mad, hear me out first." Jimin walked closer to Minjeong. "I was the one responsible for you being stuck in a time loop. And my funeral in your memory wasn't real," she confessed.

Minjeong couldn't believe what she was hearing, she bitterly scoffed.

"Why would you do that?" Minjeong asked.

"I'm sorry, Minjeong." Jimin reached for Minjeong's hand but the latter brushed it off.

"Don't touch me. Are you even real? Or are you just my imagination?" Minjeong said, clearly enraged.

"I'm real, I died in a car accident on my way home from Lia's house. That was all real. But I had to do something," Jimin said in her defense.

"Like what?" Minjeong huffed.

"I did all of that because that's the only way that I could think of to tell you that I love you. I wanted to experience how it would feel like if we had the chance, even if it was just for a day." Jimin sighed.

"So all this time, you could remember everything when you were in that time loop as well?"

"It's complicated but to put it simply, the Jimin you encountered in the time loop wasn't the now me, but it was just the Jimin living on July 21st," Jimin explained.

Minjeong exhaled, calming down, her hands running through her hair.

"Everything that I said in the time loop, it's all from my heart. I meant all of it, if only I were still alive I would say the same words," Jimin added. "I'm sorry I did this to you, Minjeong. Forgive me." Minjeong looked at her, her features were more relaxed now.

"I hate you," Minjeong said as her eyes were getting blurry from the tears. "And I hate myself that I can't be angry at you for at least a sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter