Day 1

Before We Say Goodbye (Winrina/Jiminjeong ff)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trigger warning: all chapters mention death. (And angst ahead) Reader discretion is advised.

Days had passed since the news shocked them that Jimin was gone, Minjeong's best friend. Jimin was on her way home from a birthday party of their common friend in their college organization but Jimin being "independent" still drove even if she was drunk. She even managed to message Minjeong saying she was about to go home despite the messages being unintelligible because of the messed-up words. Minjeong didn't go to the party as she wasn't the type of person who liked partying or going to crowded places. She didn't know but she felt anxious that night, not knowing it was her last moment with Jimin.

Minjeong couldn't compare the pain she was feeling to anything. Jimin was important to her and she wouldn't exchange her for anything. She had been locking herself in her room for days. Her parents had been asking her to at least eat something but she just had no energy to get out of bed. She was too sad to do anything.

Minjeong together with her family and her friends, Ning and Aeri, went to the last day of Jimin's funeral before they bury her. Of course, she had to be there until the end.

They went to the ceremony at the church and the priest asked if anyone had something to say to Jimin. Minjeong stood up, her head hanging low as she walked in front, her hands shaking as she held the microphone. She didn't really prepare anything but she wanted to say what she had in her heart.

"Hi, my name is Minjeong. I'm Jimin's best friend. I just want to say some things," Minjeong said and she looked at Ning and Aeri and they gave her a reassuring smile. She took a deep breath before continuing, she had to make herself calm or else she could break down in front of Jimin's relatives. "She made an impact in my life and I never expected she would change me in a good way." No matter how hard Minjeong tried to keep herself composed, tears were starting to build up in her eyes as she felt her heart aching. "She gets me and I get her in every way. We were inseparable to the point where we could swap faces." She softly chuckled and sighed. "I still can't believe she's gone for real. I suddenly have so many things that I regret." She started sobbing. "I could've told her everything I wanted to say before she died. I could've told her she's important to me, I'm not the type of person who's vocal about my feelings. I wish I could've cherished my last moments when I was with her more because that was the last time that I could be with her, hug her, talk to her." She sniffed as she wiped her tears. "She was a very good person. She's one of the selfless people I know and I feel guilty, I was supposed to come with her to the party but I chose not to just because I don't like going. I would've prevented her from driving that night, I could've taken care of her." She looked at Jimin's mom. "I'm sorry, auntie." She sobbed, she almost kneeled to ask for forgiveness but Jimin's mom just shook her head in understanding while silently crying. Minjeong made a short pause as she didn't know what to say anymore. "Jimin, wherever you are right now, I hope I could ask for your forgiveness. I love you." She mumbled the last words and Aeri and Ning went to get her because she was already miserably crying in front.

But it was true, Minjeong loves Jimin not in a platonic way. It was sad that Minjeong didn't have the chance to let Jimin know how she felt. Their two friends had no idea about that, Minjeong didn't think it would still matter to let them know now that Jimin was already gone.

After the ceremony at the church, they brought Jimin to her final resting place. Ning and Aeri were hurt just as much but Minjeong couldn't let go of the fact that she had to witness Jimin's coffin being buried in front of her.

"It's okay, Minjeong. Let it all out." Aeri said as she was side-hugging Minjeong.

"We're here for you." Ning seconded silent crying with Minjeong. "I know this is depressing but whenever you need to talk about anything, Aeri and I are all ears, okay?" Minjeong just responded with a nod. "Don't do anything stupid."

"Thank you, guys. I wouldn't know what to do without you." Minjeong sobbed, squeezing Aeri and Ning's hand.

"This is the first and last time that you'll hear this from me. I love you, Minjeong." Aeri said and Minjeong softly chuckled as she sniffed. Aeri didn't like giving affection to others but in this kind of times, giving one wouldn't hurt.

"I miss her already," Ning said as she wiped her tear.

"We all do." Aeri agreed.

***

The next morning, Minjeong woke up with a heavy feeling in her heart. She couldn't find any reason for her to wake up. Jimin usually picks her up so they could come to school together but since that day was the first day without her, Minjeong had decided that she would skip today.

"Minjeong!" her mom called. "Come downstairs, breakfast is ready!"

"I'll pass today, mom. I won't go to school," Minjeong said.

Minjeong stared at the ceiling when she heard someone barging into her room but she didn't pay attention to whoever walked in.

"Hey, Minjeong! You're still not dressed? We're going to be late!"

Minjeong's eyes widened with what she heard. She quickly sat up and was shocked to see Jimin. She rubbed her eyes just to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"Are you sick?" Jimin asked.

But how? How was Jimin in front of Minjeong? What was happening?

"Hello?" Jimin waved at Minjeong's face, the latter was still frozen, she was still trying to grasp what was happening.

Minjeong immediately reached her phone to check the time and date.

July 21st. 7:12 am.

She furrowed her eyebrows. As far as she could remember, it wasn't July 21st that day, it's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter