Day 5

Before We Say Goodbye (Winrina/Jiminjeong ff)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Play Before It Sinks In for angsty feeling hehe

Minjeong opened her eyes and a tear escaped from her eye. The morning had come again and she slowly stood up. She felt tired, her heart was getting tired. 

"Minjeong!" her mom called. "Come downstairs, breakfast is ready!"

Minjeong lazily got off of her bed. After what happened yesterday, it came to her that living on the same day everyday was tiring. She had lost count already what day it was today.

"Tomorrow, hug me again. Tell me you love me. Hold my hand. It's enough for me to know that you love me." Jimin's voice echoed in Minjeong's mind.

"Are you still here today?" Minjeong thought. "Will I see your face again?"

Minjeong walked out of her room with her head hanging low and she bumped into something. She lifted her head and surprisingly, it was Jimin. Minjeong's eyes widened and she quickly wrapped her arms around the taller girl.

"Are you...okay?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah." Minjeong pulled away from the hug and she was more than happy to see Jimin in front of her. "See you downstairs." She smiled at Jimin and went her way to the bathroom.

Minjeong's tired heart felt alive again. Her thoughts on being stuck in a time loop changed, she didn't want to escape the time loop anymore. In fact, she would want to stay there forever. Just to see Jimin everyday again. Just to hear her laugh. See her smile. She wouldn't mind repeating the same thing anymore as long as Jimin was around.

On their way to school, Minjeong finally let go of her worry. Seeing Jimin by her side made her feel okay.

"I have a what-if for today," Minjeong spoke.

"Yeah? What is it?" Jimin asked, her eyes focused on the road.

"What if I tell you that I love you?" Minjeong straightforwardly said.

"Damn, what's gotten into you?" Jimin laughed. "When did you become so brave?" she joked.

"Today, I guess." Minjeong shrugged. "But whatever, it's just a what-if," she dismissively said.

"I have a what-if." Minjeong looked at Jimin.

"What?"

"What if I told you that your what-if made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy?" Jimin grinned and Minjeong looked at her amusingly but she shook her head and looked straight in front of her.

"We both know you're kidding."

"What if I'm not?"

"You are!" Minjeong laughed. 

"That hurts, Minmin." Jimin feigned hurt. "Are you rejecting me? You started this!"

"I didn't tell you to take my what-if seriously." Minjeong shrugged.

"I hate you." Jimin pouted and Minjeong softly chuckled.

"Alright, kidding aside. I do love you, Jimin."

"Yeah, sure. As a friend." Jimin chuckled.

"I said kidding aside," Minjeong smirked.

"Nah, I don't believe you."

"Now you're rejecting me?" Minjeong feigned hurt as she scoffed. "What do you want me to do to make you believe in me?"

"Surprise me," Jimin smirked.

"Game on, Yu."

When they arrived at the parking lot, Minjeong readied herself. She waited for the bicycle to come near them and when the moment came, Minjeong pulled Jimin's waist close to her, their faces were only inches apart. Minjeong smirked when she saw Jimin's face turning red. 

"Not enough?" Minjeong smugly asked.

"Try harder, Kim," Jimin smirked and she freed herself from Minjeong's arms and started walking without Minjeong.

"Fine, play hard to get all you want." Minjeong chuckled as she shook her head and ran to catch up with Jimin's pace.

***

Even during lunchtime, Minjeong was still annoying Jimin and the latter was obviously enjoying it.

"Ugh, get a room." Ning disgustingly said as she watched Minjeong and Jimin teasing each other.

"We will if you and Aeri will get one as well," Minjeong smirked.

"I'd rather die alone," Ning said and Aeri gasped.

"You don't want to be alone with me?" Aeri asked.

"S-shut up Uchinaga." Ning stuttered as she looked away from Aeri.

"And you two, really? In front of my salad?" Aeri raised her eyebrow when she turned to the two.

Minjeong stopped and she just chuckled as she shook her head and started eating.

"What's gotten into you anyway? This is the first time we've seen you teasing Jimin." Ning noticed.

"I'm just appreciating what I have today." Minjeong smiled and Aeri and Ning exchanged looks.

"Hey, I know you don't like parties but please, come with me later at Lia's?" Jimin said.

"Hmm, okay. I'll come just because you're there too," Minjeong said. "Maybe coming with her to the party would change something," Minjeong thought.

After their classes were done for that day, Minjeong went home first so she could change and prepare for Lia's party. She waited for Jimin because the latter said she would pick her up so they could go together. Minjeong didn't actually know what to feel about going to the party. She was scared mostly. She then heard a car's horn outside her house. It must be Jimin, she had arrived. She went downstairs and went to hug her mom before finally going out to meet Jimin.

As she stepped out of the gate, she saw Jimin wearing a smile.

"Hi there, cutie," Jimin teased and Minjeong playfully rolled her eyes.

"You still don't believe that I love you but here you are, flirting with me. Are you playing with my feelings?" Minjeong joked and Jimin chuckled as she shook her head.

"I love you, too. For real this time." Jimin held out her hand and Minjeong held her hand. "I'm glad you're coming with me. You're officially my date for tonight so, shall we?" Minjeong just softly laughed and nodded.

They went inside the car and in that whole car ride, they were hand in hand. 

"What took you so long, Minmin? I've been waiting for you to tell me that you love me," Jimin said. "Not to mention you just told me out of the blue." She chuckled.

"And you just gave in that fast?" Minjeong joked.

"I've waited long enough." Minjeong laughed at Jimin.

"Alright, fair enough." Minjeong snickered.

Even though Minjeong did her best to live her day normally, sadness and fear were slowly taking over her as she saw the sky getting darker. It's almost the end of the day. Few more hours before Jimin would be gone again. Jimin on the other hand noticed the sudden change of Minjeong's mood.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jimin asked.

"No." Minjeong sighed.

"Why? Did something happen?" Jimin worriedly glanced at Minjeong.

"Something will happen." Minjeong corrected.

"What, are you a fortune teller or something?" Jimin joked but Minjeong didn't even crack a smile. "Why so serious all of a sudden?" Jimin chuckled.

"This morning, I woke up feeling tired, my heart was heavy," Minjeong started. "There's something I want to tell you." She looked at Jimin. "This is our last day together."

"What?" Jimin ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter