Day 4

Before We Say Goodbye (Winrina/Jiminjeong ff)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong opened her eyes and sat up as she was catching her breath. There were tears in her eyes. She realized it was morning again, she was back from the start again. She sighed in relief and she stood up.

"Minjeong!" Her mom called.

"Coming!" Minjeong yelled back as she took her bath towel. On her way to the bathroom, she saw Jimin who seemed to be going to her room. Minjeong felt crying when she saw Jimin's face again. She immediately hugged the taller girl to which the latter got confused.

"What's...happening?" Jimin asked.

"It's good to see you," Minjeong said under her breath.

"What do you mean? We just saw each other yesterday, aren't you tired of me yet?" Jimin chuckled and she hugged Minjeong back. "But anyway, it's good to see you too." Jimin softly said and Minjeong blushed then she quickly pulled away.

"I-I'm going to take a bath first," Minjeong excused herself. 

"Okay." Jimin shook her head as she softly chuckled and waited for Minjeong downstairs.

On their way to school, Minjeong was in her deep thoughts again. She was embarrassed at how she acted in front of Jimin earlier. But in her defense, it's just a normal reaction if you're in the same situation as her.

"Deep thoughts?" Minjeong heard Jimin, kind of startled by the sudden conversation.

"Not really," Minjeong answered, and then she had an idea. "I have a question." Jimin glanced at her quickly before returning her eyes to the road.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Can I take you somewhere after class? You can tell Lia you won't make it later."

"Where are we going?" Jimin chuckled.

"I...I have something to tell you." Minjeong bit her lip.

"Ugh, you know I hate suspense. Not to mention it's just the beginning of the day."

"Sorry." Minjeong laughed.

"Any hint? I need to at least know something about what I'm about to get into."

"Oh Jimin." Minjeong shook her head as she chuckled. "Just chill out. But if you want a hint, it's about me. Hmm, probably something about you too."

"Yah Minjeong, you're killing me with the suspense!" Jimin whined. "Anything else? I need more hints."

"No more for you, Jimin. You'll have to wait until later." Minjeong laughed.

The whole car ride was filled with Jimin whining at Minjeong, forcing the latter to just tell her what was it all about. They had arrived at the parking lot and Minjeong saw the bicycle and it was her signal to pull Jimin away from the bicycle's direction. But this time, she pulled Jimin by the hand.

"Whoa." Jimin got startled by Minjeong's sudden action. Minjeong didn't realize she pulled Jimin too hard, their faces were just inches away from each other and her eyes widened. Minjeong quickly let go of Jimin's hand and distanced herself from the taller girl.

"S-sorry. You were about to get hit by the bicycle," Minjeong reasoned.

"Aw, so you saved me." Jimin looked at Minjeong adoringly and the latter playfully rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, you're welcome," Minjeong sarcastically said and she started walking, not waiting for Jimin.

"Hey, wait up!" Jimin called and ran to catch up with Minjeong.

Lunchbreak had come and Jimin was still bothering Minjeong about her plan after class.

"We're starting to get out of place, you guys," Aeri said.

"Maybe you two should just get out of here," Minjeong said and Aeri rolled her eyes at her.

"What's that all about anyway?" Ning asked.

"Minjeong said she's taking me somewhere later after class and it's important," Jimin answered.

"What, someone died?" Aeri deadpanned and Minjeong's mood quickly changed and Aeri noticed it. "Did I say...something wrong?" she worriedly asked.

"Someone died? That's what you're going to tell me later?!" Jimin raised her voice in shock.

"What? No! I just thought of something. But no one died, okay?!" Minjeong yelled. "Calm down, jeez." She ran her hand through her hair.

"If no one died, what's the big news?" Ning said.

"It's just between me and Jimin, okay? This is none of your business." Minjeong said. "Don't you ever follow us later." She gave a look at her two other friends.

"Ugh, why did suspense get ever invented?" Aeri whined.

"I know, right? Same thoughts." Jimin agreed.

"Care to tell it to me?" Ning whispered at Minjeong and the latter chuckled as she slapped Ning's arm.

"Stop being nosy." Minjeong shook her head.

"Can't I get another hint? This is killing me already." Jimin begged.

"Few more hours, Jimin. Know how to wait." Minjeong softly chuckled.

"You better tell us after you tell Jimin whatever you're going to tell her." Aeri squinted her eyes at Minjeong.

"I'll think about it," Minjeong smirked.

***

Finally, their final class was over and Minjeong's heart was pounding fast in her chest as everyone in the lecture hall was starting to leave. Aeri and Ning were throwing her a teasing look as they all stood up as well to leave the lecture hall.

"We'll see you tomorrow," Aeri singsonged at Minjeong and Jimin as she waved her hand goodbye.

"Bye," Ning said in a teasing tone and left with Aeri.

"So," Jimin started and Minjeong's throat started to run dry. "Where are we going?"

"Let's just walk," Minjeong started. If she was being honest, she actually didn't know where they were going. All that was clear to her was what she was going to tell Jimin. "We've been friends for a long time now, right?" 

"Yeah, what about it?" Jimin asked. "Getting tired of me now?" she joked.

"Of course, not." Minjeong chuckled. "Never, actually," she mumbled.

"You sound so tensed. Is everything okay?"

"Yes, everything is fine." Minjeong tried her best to sound casual but knowing Jimin, the latter immediately noticed her tone.

"You're trying so hard, Minmin." Jimin laughed. "Can you tell me now what you're supposed to tell me?"

Minjeong took a deep breath. She knew what she was going to say but she didn't know how to start.

"I..." Minjeong said.

"What?" Jimin looked at Minjeong and they finally reached the field. Minjeong sat on the bench and Jimin followed.

"I have feelings for...someone," Minjeong mumbled, not meeting Jimin's eyes.

"Ooh, I see. Now I get why this is important." Jimin laughed but Minjeong kept her straight face. "You don't...look so happy," she noticed.

"I'm not. Especially knowing that we will never have our chance." 

"Honestly, yeah, I'm not happy," Minjeong said. 

"Are they...taken already?" Jimin asked.

"Taken away from me, yes."

Minjeong just nodded with a sigh.

"That ." Jimin sighed. "Well, you have me." She squeezed Minjeong's hand. "I won't leave."

Minjeong couldn't take her feelings anymore. She had been keeping her pain long enough and it was now overwhelming her.

"But you will." Minjeong started sobbing and Jimin was shocked with what she was seeing. "You'll leave everyone, you'll leave me!"

"What do you mean? Where would I even go?" Jimin scoffed bitterly. "Look at me." Minjeong shook her head as she kept sobbing. Jimin gently lifted Minjeong's chin and she softly smiled at her as she wiped Minjeong's tears. "I'm here," she softly said.

"For now," Minjeong mumbled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter