Day 2

Before We Say Goodbye (Winrina/Jiminjeong ff)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong fluttered her eyes open as she quickly sat up while catching her breath. But why?

"Minjeong!" she heard her mom and she furrowed her brow. "Come downstairs, breakfast is ready!"

"What? Is mom okay? Last night she was just crying, she even told me...Jimin is gone." Minjeong thought.

She checked her phone and it said that today was July 21st.

"But yesterday was July 21st." Minjeong got confused.

What was happening? She quickly opened her Twitter because she was sure that she tweeted something yesterday to her surprise, she found nothing.

"Hey, Minjeong! You're still not dressed? We're going to be late!"

Minjeong looked at where the voice was coming from and her eyes landed on Jimin who was standing in front of her.

"She said the same thing yesterday. Was it just a dream?"

"Are you sick?" Jimin asked.

"N-no," Minjeong answered.

"Good to know." Jimin sighed in relief. "Your mom's been calling you. And look at the time, we're going to be late if you're not going to move."

"Alright." Minjeong grabbed her bath towel. "Wait for me downstairs, I'll take a bath first."

Minjeong just a quick bath so they could make it in time. The whole time that Jimin was driving, Minjeong was in her deep thoughts, debating with herself whether this was the reality or just a déjà vu.

"So serious, aren't we?" Minjeong glanced at Jimin who was giggling at her. "You've been like that since earlier, are you sure you're okay?"

"For the nth time, yes I am okay." Minjeong dismissively said.

They arrived at the parking lot and they both exited the car. Minjeong saw the same bike again at it was still heading in their direction so Minjeong pulled Jimin like she did "yesterday". Her eyes followed the bike, still thinking if it was a coincidence.

"Hey, are you okay? Why are you glaring at him?" Jimin asked.

"What? I'm not. You're just imagining things, let's go. Those two are probably waiting for us." Minjeong said and they went to their class.

***

Lunchbreak had come and still, Minjeong was thinking if "yesterday" was just a dream. Well, today was yesterday? Because yesterday was July 21 but also the same today.

"Earth to Minjeong, hello?" Aeri waved at Minjeong's face and the latter shook her thoughts away. "Your food's getting cold, I can already see flies around us."

"Stupid." Minjeong chuckled and she started eating.

"You've been in deep thoughts, would you like to share something?" Ning said.

"I'm not thinking anything, okay." Minjeong shook her head as she shoved a spoonful of rice in and then she noticed Jimin was staring at her. "What?" She asked and she got startled with Jimin's action, the latter wiped the side of Minjeong's lips.

"You've got a grain of rice. What are you, a kid?" Jimin said.

Minjeong was immobilized. She realized what Jimin did didn't happen "yesterday". And actually, that was the first time Jimin did that to Minjeong. The latter had to admit that her heart skipped a beat. She thought maybe she was not in a time loop like she suspected even though it's impossible that she could be trapped because there's no proof that the time loop does exist.

"Crazy," Minjeong mumbled.

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter