Chapter two 둘

Our Special Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They ended up going to the last floor. Holding their takeouts and the pink box in Johnny's hand, both were quiet in the ride to the penthouse. Ten was nervous but it was an excited nervousness. He was curious about what the penthouse looked like and to know more about the other. He felt so curious and attracted to the other which he's supposed to not do but he made himself think about it as friendship. He really felt that it would be exciting to be friends with Johnny even when he didn’t really know him well but he's ready to do it, to get to know him.

They reached the last floor, the elevator stopping smoothly and the door opening next. They both walked the hallway to the only door available on that floor and Johnny scanned his card "if you lost your card, would you be stuck outside?" Ten found himself asking curiously and chuckled at his unnecessary question "you don’t need to answer".

"I can use the password" Johnny answered anyway and Ten laughed.

"Of course… password" Ten said sarcastically for his stupid question and chuckled. 

 

They got inside and the light flickered on. Ten was mesmerized from the first view of the apartment. It didn’t have many furniture but what was there was so elegant. Most of the things were in black or grey except for the big painting which was positioned in the middle of the wall behind the sofa which was an abstract of an autumn rainy day.

His eyes grew bigger, feeling it sparkle as he looked at the painting. It was really beautiful "I'm in love".

Ten's statement took Johnny's attention from what he was doing and looked toward Ten "what?" he asked with a small voice then followed the direction of Ten's eyes which was landing on the painting "ahh… Yes, it's so beautiful, When I'm in a bad mood I'll just stare at it sometimes" he commented and walked by Ten and accidentally his hand touched Ten's "OMG, you're so cold".

That took Ten's attention from the painting to Johnny's worried look "It's fine, my hands are always cold" he said but then he noticed that he actually does feel cold.

"Act like home," Johnny said then walked away disappearing into one of the rooms in his apartment.

Ten looked around more, finding a lot of portrait photos of Johnny alone and some with other people which he thought must be his friends and family. He looked happy. Seeing these photos made Ten smiles but then he remembered his own family and friends back home and he felt that empty spot inside growing bigger. He's missing them.

Ten startled when he felt something on his shoulder, turning back to see Johnny covering him with a small blanket "oh… you didn’t have to" he was surprised by Johnny's action.

"I don't want you freezing on my couch" Johnny joked and ushered Ten to sit together "I'll heat the food" he headed to the open kitchen and Ten followed sitting on the dining table chair feeling useless.

"Can I help with something?" Ten asked.

"It's fine, I got this…"

After heating the food, both started eating and Johnny cut the silence with some questions like where are you from and why are you here in Korea which Ten answered but not going deep with the reason why he's in Korea. He wasn’t happy of saying that ' he ran away but then he directed some questions to Johnny too which answers shocked Ten.

Apparently, Johnny is also new to Korea, he's American and came here because of his father's work and his own.

" What do you do?"

Johnny smiled "I'm a photographer" he answered and bit the chicken in his hand "this is yummy, I'll be a regular for sure".

Ten nodded both to Johnny's answer and for the chicken which was really yummy "It is yummy… I always buy takeouts because I at cooking" Ten laughed at himself and Johnny did too.

"Me too" both laughed at that and kept on eating.

Ten then remembered something and turned toward Johnny who was really enjoying the chicken "Johnny… you said you were with friends but I didn’t see any?" he asked as the thought worried him a little that maybe he took Johnny away from his friends but Johnny laughed shyly, putting down the chicken.

"I'm sorry, I lied"

"Oh…" Ten raised an eyebrow and pouted unconsciously.

"I was alone, I wanted to spend the time alone tonight but…" Johnny started to explain, hesitating a little "but when I saw you, I dunno… I just walked to you" he said and brushed his hair "maybe I didn’t really want to be alone after all" he shrugged then tried changing the topic by asking Ten also "why were you in the club, I really was surprised to see you… I mean not that you're not allowed to go and dance, which you're great at… oh , I'm blabbering, I'll shut up now" he shut his mouth but his face had a hint of a blush which Ten noticed.

"you're still drunk I think, we had so many drinks back there" Ten made an excuse for Johnny as both chuckled "I've been only at home and work since I came here, I thought I should have fun and maybe it's time to meet new people tonight" Ten explained "why you wanted to stay alone, did anything happen?" he asked and he noticed the discomfort in Johnny's posture "I'm sorry if I'm intruding".

Johnny waved his hands in front of him "no, not at all…" he hurried to say and Ten relaxed then "I… well… wait a minute" he said and stood up. He went to wash his hands and then opened the fridge to get something out.

"Oh…" Ten noticed he's sayin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter