Chapter one 하나

Our Special Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You know my situation"

Ten listened as his lover 'Ex-lover' explained again. The same lines, the same words and excuses he heard many times before.

"I had to do it, my mom is sick and she needs someone to take care of her, dad doesn't like... Our relationship" he said bitterly.

Ten knew it already 'your dad doesn't like me' he wanted to say but kept his silence... It did hurt, it still hurts so much but he decided to accept it, to accept that he's not meant to be happy in this relationship and to be left out.

He always thought for the other, if he himself can't be happy then he'd accept anything, he'll wish for the person he loves to move on and be happy.

His own happiness didn't matter right then, but he wanted to move on and that's the only way...

Acceptance...

He listened over and over again... His ex-boyfriend kept on pleading and saying he loves him but he couldn't go against his parents.

"Please, let's be friends... I still want you in my life"

Ten nodded "sure..." He mumbled disheartened. He just nodded for everything he said and when it was time to go, he said his farewell... "Winwin... Congratulations".

That night, Ten cried into his pillow. Until he fell asleep and woke up with puffy red eyes.

As he washed his face and got refreshed, he checked his reflection on the mirror and smiled. His face stretched in a wide smile, eyes went crescent as he smiled to himself and then his decision was made …

 

******

It's so different than he expected. Being in a new country and knowing no one in it at all, it made him feel lonely. Ten wasn't used to this kind of lifestyle but he knew with time; he'll meet people and make friends.

Work went smoothly. When he saw an open position in the Korean branch of his department store, Ten applied for it instantly. He thought that this offer came on time. The time when he needed the change, the time when he needed to leave everything behind and just go...

The staff were nice, even though he was young to be a manager but they still respected him and listen to his ideas and thoughts.
Days went by and from living temporarily in the company's dorms, Ten had found an apartment nearby to rent.
He felt happy to have a place of his own. He'd do what he wanted; he'll design it the way he liked. The apartment was in a nice area where it has a garden and kids playgrounds. A walkway and sports activities area. He wasn't a fan of physical sports that needs him to run and sweat but he still enjoyed watching people have fun.

Ten went back home later that night. He usually works eight hours from 8 am to 4pm but as the store had an event coming up, he had to stay extra hours. He entered the elevator and someone else did at the same time.

"Hi, you're new here" A young lady holding a baby greeted him as the elevator slowly started moving.

Ten smiled and greeted back "Yes, nice to meet you...".

The lady smiled widely "Your accent is cute, where are you from" she asked sweetly.

"Thailand"

"Oh, nice... I live on the third floor, apartment 11, if you need any help, you can ask" she said as the elevator came to a stop.

"Thank you" Ten said and waved A cute goodbye gesture to the baby. He felt happiness creeping inside of him. Hoping to meet more nice neighbors again.

The next day Ten had to leave late for work. He had to stay till the closing time of the store. He was happy to sleep in and wake up late. It was 9 am that he got up, had something to eat and again went back to bed.

At 12 He got ready to work and left his apartment. He pressed on the elevator button for the ground floor. He checked where the elevator at and he realized that it was the first time he notices that the building had a penthouse, which the elevator just descended from "ohh..." the elevator came down slowly. He felt some kind of excitement to know who's the person who's living in the penthouse. They must be a rich family.

The elevator stopped at his floor, the 5th floor and the door opened. Ten looked straight ahead as he entered and to his left a young man was standing looking too serious.

Ten hesitated to greet or not, and eventually the door closed behind him and he stepped in, standing in the other side.

Tension was building in as silence filled the elevator. Ten didn't like it, he really liked to talk and get to know people but the guy just gave a scary unfriendly vibe.

Ten was glad when the door opened and he finally walked out to accidentally hit the guy when both of them moved at the same time.

Ten freaked out, instantly bowing "Oh I'm sorry, sorry..." he hurried in saying.

"it's Okay ... "

Ten heard the guy say and he straightened himself. When he did, his heart skipped a beat as he saw the sweet smile that was on the other man's face in front of him. He stuttered "S..orry...."

"It's okay, I should've been careful too," the man said, eyes going crescent as he smiled kindly. So different from when he's composed and made Ten feel scared of his serious face. Ten was shocked to be honest

"I'm... " He wanted to apologize again but he thought he didn't need to and then he remembered he needed to get to the bus before it leaves "I ... have to go" he said smiling nervously and then bowing again and hurried in leaving the building.
 

******

 

Ten got busy with the event's preparation. Feeling tired as he rode the bus and finally reached his apartment area. It was close to midnight when he entered the building and hit the elevator button to the fifth floor. When the door was almost closing a hand reached out and stopped the door from shutting close.

Ten rushed to click on the open button, glad that whoever hand it was, didn’t get hurt anyhow. He stepped back as the door opened wide and the person entered and it was none other than the man he saw earlier today.

This time Ten decided to be himself "Hi again" he said with a gentle smile "which floor should I press?" he then asked when the man stumbled inside looking breathless.

"Ahh… last…" he said after taking a deep breath "thank you, I was running to catch the elevator, so tired to wait for it to come back down again" he explained with a smile too.

Ten chuckled lightly and pressed the button for the penthouse. He doubted it earlier today but now he was sure that this guy is really from the penthouse. He really thought whoever lived there would be an old married man, a family perhaps but maybe this guy is one…

"Are you new here, haven’t seen you before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter