Chapter 5

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mom and dad are so glad to see you enjoyed your party. I love you so much, my love! ❤"

 

It was Jessica's caption for her latest post. Since the day she introduced her family to the public she felt that some weight in her shoulder was lessened. She doesn't need to hide anymore, she is more than grateful for everyone that accepted her as who she is right now. 

 

It has been a week since Claire's birthday party. Sunny got an invitation but she was not able to attend because of her schedule. Actually Jessica's husband gave separate invitations for the other members that resulted in an argument between all of them.

 

*flashback*

 

YN: Unnie, can you help us to see and talk to her again? Please.

 

SH: Sunny unnie.. please, help us.. 

 

Everyone is now looking at Sunny, maknaes with their pleading eyes.

 

SN: Actually, Sica's husband gave me an invitation for their daughter's party and for all of you. 

 

YN: Really unnie? Can we come with you please unnie?

 

SN: No! Sica doesn't know about her husband giving all of you an invitation, so I think it is better not to show up to the party. Also, to be fair to all of you I will  not attend even if I can reschedule my appointment that time.

 

TF: But you said her husband invited us, meaning he wants us all to gather and maybe have the talk we needed.

 

YR: Maybe he wants us to meet Claire too!

 

YN: Right unnie! What should we buy as a gift for her? Dresses? Barbie?! Ahhh, I don't know what the interests of kids are nowadays.

 

SN: STOP!! No one is going to Claire's party! We will not go there and make a scene and ruin the party that the kid is waiting for.

 

TF: Yah! We will not make a scene there and we will not ruin the party. We will go there to try to reconcile with her.

 

SY: Yeah, and who are you to stop us when it is clear that even her husband wanted to come to see and talk to Sica!

 

SN: Oh wow! I really cannot believe all of you! for pete's sake!! It is the kid's birthday, it's her day! She dreams of having a big party with all of family and friends here in Korea. Don't go there and ruin the child's party! It will be the first time that she will celebrate it with her family for both her mom and dad's side. I beg you please, give the kid the happiness that she deserves. Spare Claire from seeing her Mom hurt.

 

YN: But unnie.. we are also her mom' family right? so why can't we go there to finally meet our niece too.

 

Sunny smile sadly.

 

SN: We are the first ones that push Sica away. We forget that she is also our sister, that she is part of our family too.

 

That made all of them shut. Sunny was right. They cannot force themselves on Jessica after all they have done before. They gave her a lot of pain, they let her suffer alone, they forgot and stopped to be there for her just like she always does for everyone.

 

They promis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter