Carnival of Eyes

Running for You

Yujins POV

Yujin woke up the next day only to find the other side of the bed empty. She quickly noticed the smell of food wafting into her bedroom. 

"Huh...?" Her voice croaks with sleep as she sees Wonyoung walk into the room with a bowl of food.

"Yujin, breakfast in bed." Says Wonyoung cheerfully. Yujins eyes drift over to a delicious bowl of rice porridge. "Oh Wonyoung, you didn't have to." She says as she sniffs in her runny nose. Wonyoung sits by Yujins bed and passes her the food. Yujin dully eats as Wonyoung watches on.

"Come on Yujin, don't mope. You're on break for your injuries, not a life sentence in prison." Yujin finishes the bowl and places it down on the bedside table. "I don't know, Wonyoung" She mumbles as she hides under her covers. "I still feel like ."

Wonyoung rolls her eyes. Yujin really reminded her of a puppy. Acting all miserable so she'd take pity on her sad puppy frown.

Wonyoungs ears turned beet red as Yujin suddenly sat up and nuzzled her face into the crook of her neck, gently breathing into her side. "C'mon, stay with me Wonyoung..." Wonyoungs face burned even harder as she realized that this girl knew exactly how to make her stay. 

Wonyoung abruptly sat up. Yujins looked at her in bewilderment as she slapped Yujins shoulder. "Ahn Yujin! We're going to the amusement park today, so get your out of bed, and I'll meet you outside in five". She stomped off with the tip of her burning ears sticking out from the back of her hair. Yujin thought she could see steam leaving her head. But in reality, Wonyoung herself was hiding a giddy smile. 

-

-

Wonyoung rolled Yujin in her wheelchair through the front entrance of the park. Screams filled the air as a rollercoaster stormed by their proximity. The fresh ocean breeze wafted over them. Yujin was practically jumping with excitement. "Wow Wonyoung, this was a great idea! I'm totally stoked" 

Wonyoung, on the other hand, seemed to be rethinking her decision. She nervously laughed "Haha... me too... I'm excited. Yup."

Yujin grinned. "Come on now Wonyoung, don't tell me you're scared? This was your idea, after all."

Wonyoung said nothing as she turned her eyes towards the heavens, perhaps seeking divine help. I'm not going to make it through today, am I?

Yujins laughed at her reaction. "Hey, it's chill. We can just go get snacks and enjoy the more tame rides. You're the one pushing me around all day, after all."

Won young laughed mirthfully despite her goofy grin. "True, true. Then let's get a move on, shall we?"

--

The two spent the day doing anything and everything. At the carnival games, Yujin won several teddy bears for Wonyoung, despite her debilitated state. Wonyoung eventually gave up trying and opted to cheer her on from behind. They laughed and talked nonstop as they grabbed ice cream and walked around the place, enjoying the nice weather. Yujin even hobbled into a photobooth with her one good leg to take pictures with Wonyoung. Their hearts were full of laughter and happiness, the pair seemingly never running out of things to do. This day seemed like it could never end, and they'd be frozen in this moment of happiness forever. 

They had just wrapped up their 5th game of whack a mole before realizing the sun had started to set. Wonyoung glanced at her watch.

"Gosh, we spent over 5 hours playing games!" She scratched her head "Time flies, huh?"

Yujin was also shocked. She had been having so much fun she didn't even realize how much time had passed. But now she looked around, the park was starting to clear out and the lines were starting to diminish.

But before they left, Yujin had one last thing she wanted to do. "Hey Wonyoung, there's one last thing I wanted to do. We haven't been on the Ferris Wheel yet, right?" 

Wonyoung nodded "I don't think so. I wanted to go earlier but we somehow got so preoccupied that we've ended up putting it off till last."

Yujin scratched her head "I mean, it's better now because we can see the sunset, right?"

Wonyoung squished Yujins cheeks. "You're so charming, you know that? I bet you kept me distracted for the whole day so you could do this now." she mumbled. Wonyoung felt Yujins face break into a guilty grin.

"May-be" she sing-songed. Wonyoung could practically see her cresent eyes. Wonyoung poked Yujins dimples affectionately. "Come on you big doof, let's get tickets."

--

Wonyoung and Yujin loaded themselves into the compartment. They sat opposite each other, but the space between them was so small their legs were practically touching. They sat in comfortable silence on the ride upwards.

Yujin secretly glanced over at Wonyoung. Her eyes were on the horizon admiring the sunset over the beach. The orange light reflected perfectly on her features, making her look like a Goddess. Yujin quickly moved her eyes away when Wonyoung glanced in her direction. 

"I thought you wanted to see the sunset?" She asked playfully. "Yeah but... I really just wanted to see you. You're so pretty I couldn't look away" Yujin mumbled as her ears burned. Wonyoung placed her hand on Yujins knee. She smiled softly. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Yujin" She let out in a quiet but audible manner. 

Yujin could tell how genuine and vulnerable Wonyoung was being at that moment. Yujin could have melted right there. She was still so in awe of how beautiful Wonyoung looked. The way her eyes turned when she smiled. Her laugh which filled her heart to the brim. Her smile looked brighter than the sun. Her flawless skin, the glow of her eyes, even the cute moles on her face. Yujin thought Wonyoung was perfect and nothing in the world could compete. 

Yujin wordlessly leaned in and softly kissed Wonyoung. Wonyoung sighed contently through her nose. Yujin pulled away after a few seconds, but still left her lips still brushing Wonyoungs. Yujin waited a moment before speaking, gaining the courage to say the words that had been on her heart ever since she met Wonyoung.

"Wonyoung... I love you."  

 

 

Yujin felt Wonyoung pull back slightly

Oh no, thought Yujin as her heart hammered in her chest.

Did I say too much?

But Wonyoung met her eyes and smiled the biggest, most vibrant smile she had felt in years. 

"I love you too, Yujin."

 

POV changes

The rustling of leaves surrounds the hidden man in dark sunglasses and clothes. The only notable thing about him was the digital camera in his hand, poking out from the edge of the large bush.

This will be the biggest scoop of my life! he grins, almost giddy at the opportunity.

This man had known about Wonyoung whereabouts for quite some time now. But don't be mistaken, he wasn't some crazed fan. He worked for Korea's biggest tabloid magazine, Gossip Z.

He has been following the pair around all day while they were out. There was an anonymous tip-off from a student who attended her University, that Jang Wonyoung was attending their school. There’s no denying it, South Korea A list actors' popularity cannot be denied, even overseas. He had started from there, waiting outside the gates of her University, and followed her home in secret, hoping to find a scoop. So far, there had been nothing. But after he had seen her with that girl... well, this might be the biggest scandal since the celeb drug bust of '95.

He snaps out of his thoughts as he sees movement, and readies his camera as he sees the couple round the corner. 

They stop at the apartment's service door.

His camera makes out Yujin, who moves to stand up on her good leg and wraps her arms around Wonyoungs waist. 

His camera furiously zooms in on the two just in time to capture Korea's "Sweetheart", "First love", "Controversy free", and "Poster girl for Korean youths", leaning into the affectionate embrace, and kissing another girl.

SNAP

 

 

--

-

-

-

-

 

AN: Again with the irregular updates... I got writer's block and creating a FF abt real ppl had been bugging my conscious. I put it off at first because I really wanted to write a FF, but It feels morally wrong to put this spin of a narrative on two real people's platonic relationship. But I decided to push through and finish this series (only one more chapter!) because I think it has a good message about accepting yourself and overcoming others' opinions, your own preconceived notions, and your own personal struggles. Look forward to the last chapter! It's a great ending imo!! Rly cute and wholesome and ties everything together well.

As always, tnx for reading!!!