Chapter 3

I Am Not Him: Na Jaemin

Chapter 3

Two weeks have passed and the relationships between Nct Dream members are back to normal. They became sweet with each other and the lost bonding is slowly coming back. 

Jaemin is mostly back to his old self that is quiet and didn't meddle with the members not unless necessary. They have been awkward but Jisung is the one who adjusted very quickly and acted affectionately with Jaemin. They welcome Jisung as they agreed to bury the bad memories that night. 

Jaemin got a fever after crying that night and stay at the dorm for 3 days. The members took care of him despite his busy schedules. They became worried about his health but beta's not weak as an omega when it comes to being ill. They have a district body that provides them to recover and Jaemin got to pass that without having issues. 

Today is the last day of their work and a holiday is coming. Jaemin received a message from Na's family about the date of his coming back home. Evil Jaemin is aware of it, but he still complies and is willing to go back. 

"Hyung, tomorrow is the official holiday. Are you going home?" Jisung asked him while they were in the salon fixing their hair color. Jeno is also with them and jerked his head after hearing Jisung's question. 

"Yup. Mother told me to be home on holiday." Jaemin is playing on his phone but manages to answer Jisung's question. 

"Hmm, But we have a party tomorrow. All members will become. Right, Jeno Hyung?" Jisung is tilting his head to see Jeno at the other side next to Jaemin. 

"Yes. We need to go but if it's an emergency," Jeno took off his voice and waited for Jaemin to continue talking. 

"It's an emergency but I haven't informed what it is yet." Jaemin stops playing after the first game was over on his phone. He stops playing and talks with Jeno and Jisung. 

"What? You're not coming?" Renjun asked while playing with Jaemin's cheeks. 

"Cuz of emergency." Jaemin smiles but s are getting worried. 

"It's fine I'll just be back early too," Jaemin suggested. They all nodded to him. 

"Hyung, I want to help with the planning. I could send wine or food at least for filling up my space." Jaemin insisted to Doyoung. They meet at the company because they're in the middle of shooting holiday greetings to fans. It's also the best way to confirm the party tomorrow night.

"You can send wine." Johnny interrupted flashing a big smile on his face. 

"Alright Hyung!" Jaemin is enthusiastic then converses more with the two older members. 

--

"Are you sure you're going now?" Jeno asked Jaemin. He is about to leave for the party. Chenle and Renjun are already on their way while Jeno is late because he plans to give Jaemin his gift. 

"Yes. It's an order." Jaemin said and smile. 

"Here. Merry Christmas." Jeno gives a small box with navy color and red ribbon wrapped to it. Jaemin reads the expensive brand scribble at the box and opens it. A silver bracelet with thin ornaments sparks at the light coming from the living room. Jaemin grins after receiving the gift from Jeno. 

"I-I don't have a gift..." Jaemin said but Jeno shake his hands while smiling at him. 

"It's fine," Jeno said and grin at him. Jaemin closes the box and puts it on his jacket. He glances at Jeno who is getting ready in leaving. 

"Well, since it will be the last time I will give you very close information Lee Jeno. Consider it as a gift from having fun using this body." Jaemin eyes changes and the sweet aura coming from his turn into something cold. 

Jeno frown at the indifferent look and dangerous feeling he smells coming from Jaemin. His eyes change and an Alpha inside him is getting wild. He felt something bad is going to happen. 

"I am not him. If you can recognize the truth until the end, the curse will vanish and the soul will be saved." The air changes to normal while Jeno blinks feeling anxious from what he just felt. 

"What do you mean?" Jeno frown at Jaemin's playful face. He couldn't understand everything that Jaemin said but the dangerous feeling is gone. He can only sense the normal Jaemin.

"Nothing, It's just that, I'm happy with the gift," Jaemin said before leaving with his bag pack. The door shut and that's the last time Jeno heard of Jaemin before the tragedy happened. 

--

Jaemin wakes up after sleeping for so many years. It's already the first month and he was in the hospital after the accident his body experienced on Christmas day. 

Jaemin got into the accident while going home to their residents. The Na family conduct a meeting because the supposed killing of the evil before ending the year failed because of the accident. The fifteen years old Jaemin is back but the Na's family is once again anxious for the next heir and the continuation of the curse. 

Surprisingly enough, no one of NCT Dreams visited Jaemin while he is in the hospital. He also never received messages from them which made Jaemin confused and hurt. He's already back from the long sleep and his memory is still hazy. He only has the memory of his life when he was 16 years old and after the evil spirit overtaken his body. It's such a painful memory for Jaemin. 

"Jaemin, how are you feeling?" Mrs. Na asked him after she arrived and put her bag and sit at the empty chair near Jaemin's bed. 

"I am okay mom. Thank you." Jaemin said and receives a pat from his mother. 

"I'm here because I wanted to tell you something Jaemin. I want you to know that it wasn't your fault and I will protect you. Please be strong and forgive yourself." Mrs. Na touches the face of her son. She can smell his scent and despite being beta Jaemin is producing a scent that obviously could tell that he is nervous. 

"W-what is it?" Jaemin grip his hand and waited for his mom to tell him the news with his racing heart and anxiety.