Chapter 2

I Am Not Him: Na Jaemin

Chapter 2

"I'm sorry." Jaemin eyes changes to pitiful after coming back to the dorm. Jeno is already back and hasn't heard the commotion he did in the practice room earlier. Jaemin looks at the members in bewildered faces. 

"H-Hyung..." Jisung is the first person who hugs Jaemin without questioning him. He loves Jaemin so much and he misses his big brother, though he was hurt by the things he did for the past years, seeing Jaemin kneeling and crying in front of the members broke his heart. 

"I'm so sorry for the things I did up until now. I am ashamed of myself for doing it to you guys. If you want me to leave the group... I-I... I will do it." Tears started to fall into Jaemin cheeks. He looks pitiful and vulnerable. Chenle who's hurting avert his head not trusting Jaemin but his heart is painful by the sight of his friend kneel before them. He couldn't take it. 

"Are you kidding me Jaemin?" Haechan is the most aggressive one. His alpha instinct knows that Jaemin is saying the truth because he can smell his faint scent and he's being sincere. 

"I'm sorry," Jaemin says in his weak voice. He can't think of words to say to them. 

"Jaemin stand up." Renjun, the one who's received the most hardship because of Jaemin's jealousy speaks. Tears form in his eyes as he gazes at the younger in front of him looking vulnerable apologizing. For the past years, he hated, forgive, and love Jaemin. He doesn't know what to feel after receiving the weak side of Jaemin. Memories flash of them being good friends in the past. 

"Renjun... I'm sorry. I can't control my feeling for Jeno and hurt you. I don't know why I did that. My instinct is a mess! I am a mess! But after our fight in the practice room... I got a severe headache, my heart hurts so bad that I can't stop thinking that I hurt the people I like. I give pain to my friends and I can't forgive myself. It's okay if you guys hate me. Hate me all you can. I will atone for my sins even if I leave the group. If you don't like to be with me anymore. I won't exist, I will not meddle with everything. I will live quietly I promise." Jaemin pled in a voice that break anyone's heart. 

"No Hyung! Please. Don't leave us. I forgive you. I like you Hyung." Jisung hugs Jaemin. He won't let go of his big brother and continue to embrace him even though Jaemin is looking below not moving. 

"Jisung," Jeno speaks for the first time. He never hated Jaemin because he is one of the people he treasured. He didn't do anything knowing he's harassing the members because of the affection they shared. Jeno also doesn't point it out but he can't hate Jaemin. For some reason, his instinct is to protect him even though it stated that Renjun is his destiny. His heart and mind are occupied with protecting Jaemin that his sub-gender always contradicts the idea. Jeno is a dominant Alpha but his possessiveness for Jaemin is greater than what he felt to his fated Renjun. Sometimes Jeno can't understand himself but to these two looking vulnerable today, Jeno doesn't know where to place his concern. 

"First Jaemin, sit at the sofa. You will hurt yourself. I need to call Mark Hyung to talk about this. He is also part of the people you hurt in the past." Jeno retorted. His voice is cold but the members know that Jeno is being considerate to Jaemin. 

Jisung helps Jaemin to sit on the sofa. They stay quiet for a while Jisung is helping Jaemin by taking care of his tears. Renjun also hugging Chenle while Haechan is still frowning and wanted to say words that will hurt Jaemin but he can't bring himself to do so. It's making him frustrated.

After a while, Mark opens the door and his face is serious. He stares at the people inside and lands his unemotional eyes on Jaemin. 

"I heard everything from Jeno." Mark started the conversation. Jaemin flinch while Jisung started to touch his hands making sure he is comfortable. 

"I witness your evilness Jaemin. Playing the emotions of the members, hurting them. Nonetheless, the members never hated you for the past years. I can't even recall when you started to act as if you didn't care about your friends. But one thing that never changes is that we all love you from the bottom of our hearts. I won't lie, I am also frustrated because you're not the sweet Jaemin I used to know but at the end of the day, I will forgive you Jaemin. So please repent for the bad things you did up until now. Also, I don't want you to leave this group." Mark is emotional and received a pat from Jeno. 

"Arghhhh! Why am I feeling frustrated! You, Na Jaemin! How dare you to manipulate my heart!" Haechan suddenly stood up from his seat and messed his hair. 

"Hyung, I also like you to stay." Jisung ignoring Haechan again hugs Jaemin with his puppy eyes. 

"I will forgive you too. But don't do it again." Chenle is in the distance but his eyes are moist. He is also been hurting all this time. 

"I... I" Everyone is waiting for Renjun to speak but instead hug Jaemin. 

They stay there together whispering apologies. The day ended with their hearts full of warm emotions except for one person who causes all of those. Jaemin is on the veranda of their dorm with the snow started to pour against his skin. An evil grin started to form on his lips. 

This will be the last time he will felt this cold. "Until we see each other again My little Jaemin."