Chapter 4

I Am Not Him: Na Jaemin

Chapter 4

"That night... After you get into an accident, something happens to your members, Jaemin." Mrs. Na stops talking and grips both of Jaemin's cold hands.

 

"They said that you would give them wine but that wine is forbidden for beta and omega to drink. It will give them hallucinations and will bring damage to their body. The investigation points out that the wine you order is different from the wine that harms the members but it is still not sure if it's intentional on your part. They said that two wines arrive at the same time and the person who contacted you is out of sight. You didn't order the harmful one but your name is one of the suspect lists because it's the only order that they received that day. The agency is still investigating the case. Though our family protected you, the case is still in process. The only evidence they have is the day you buy the wine. The contact person is suspicious too but rumors had spread that you hate your members but many of the fans also supported that it was from the anti-fan who wanted you to take the blame for the incident. That person is still missing after all." Jaemin's lips tremble and tears started to fall from his eyes. He never thought to hear about these terrifying events. He can't help but cry because he isn't sure if the evil spirit residing in his body has to do with it. It's scary to confirm it. Jaemin passed out because of the shock. 

 

After five days, Jaemin learned that Renjun, Chenle, and Doyoung were the victims of the wine incident. Renjun isn't getting better because he is an omega. He needs proper rest and medicine to heal his damaged body while Doyoung and Chenle are getting better. Jaemin also heard that the victims threw blood and the whole party was turned upside down. 

 

Jaemin hasn't contacted the members yet but his condition is getting better. He can leave the hospital on the weekend after the last test. 


With the knock on the door, Jaemin stopped looking outside of his room. He thought it was his mother but the familiar face of the members was shown and walks inside his room. 


Jaemin's heart started to beat rapidly as he stared at his friends. It's been five years since he last saw them. Jaemin misses his friends so much but the air of supposed warm reunion in Jaemin's point of view crashes when he receives a glare from s. 


"It's nice to see that you're doing fine, Jaemin." Mark's voice is cold and the controlled anger is so obvious that even Jaemin started to get scared. 


"I'm sorry." Jaemin apologized because he didn't know if the evil spirit that used his body did it to his friends and for not remembering what happened after he woke up. 


"Don't apologize, give me an explanation Jaemin! Because I swear to God, I don't know if I can control myself." Mark is in the burst of crying, the agony of his friends and the person who is the suspect for harming them is in front of him. 

 

"I-I don't remember. I'm sorry Hyung." Jaemin trembles and bite his lips as a sign of his anxiety. Jeno narrowed his eyes after seeing his childhood friend's habit he had long forgotten years ago. Jaemin always bit his lip whenever he is anxious or scared of something. Jeno is sure that Jaemin isn't lying right now. 

 

"Na Jaemin! Tell us that you didn't do it! Please! Because I'm close to going insane right now." Haechan is equally emotional. Jisung is quiet and never looks at Jaemin's side. He is holding Haechan's arm and remains there. 


Jeno is beside Mark observing Jaemin. He was the last person Jaemin talked to before the accident happened. He was scared when he learned that Jaemin had been in an accident but his feelings conflicted after the other members especially his fated mate Renjun is in critical condition. For weeks The Dream members and other NCT visited the hospital to check Doyoung, Renjun, and Chenle's condition. They still can't believe that the supposed happy holiday celebration turned into a tragic event. Unfortunately, NCT members are alphas and some of the betas and omegas didn't drink the wine because of being busy. Doyoung who is close to Jaemin made sure to drink his dongsaengs gift. Johnny also drinks the wine but because of his alpha hormones, the wine doesn't affect his body. 


The members can't believe it and most of them are in shock after the members throw up blood. It's a horror scene, Taeyong who is close to Doyoung almost lost control after his best friend passed out like a corpse. Johnny gathers all his strength to control the situation despite the ruscus. Jeno's head throb after recalling the incident. He never thought that he would feel such a strong emotion such as distress when it happened and now the suspect of the incident, Na Jaemin, his long-time friend... They came to visit him to check his condition because the members are also worried for Jaemin but they are sensitive now and can't think rationally in handling this case. They wanted answers regardless of Jaemin conditions and feelings. Even Jeno's mind is clouded because his instinct is getting ahead of him. It's troublesome and painful because it's like the person he's protecting is not in his grasp anymore. It brings emotions he can't figure out himself without the help of his friends and Na Jaemin. 

 

"Renjun is-" Haechan stops talking and glances at Jeno whose eyes change. He looks sharp and sensitive but Haechan continues to say it because he wanted Jaemin to know. His feelings are all entangled, he wanted to believe that Jaemin isn't that kind of person. 

 

"Renjun Hyung is still critical, Jaemin-nim," Jisung said. They flinch after hearing the youngest talk formally to Jaemin. Mark closes his eyes and massages his temple because of the stress. 

 

"I didn't know... I- I'm sorry." Jaemin is full of tears. His face is full of guilt but it's hard to guess the reasons for it. Silence follows the room until Jaemin's mom comes inside. 

 

"Jaemin." She quickly ran and hugged his crying son. Her alpha instinct made her release a pheromone that quickly looks like a threat to the alphas in the room. 

 

"Jaemin is still sick. Don't do this to him. I will investigate it and inform you. But doing this to my son isn't appropriate because of his condition. Leave now." Mrs. Na is angry but she knows that he can't stop them from feeling this way. The only thing that is urgent for Mrs. Na is Jaemin's condition. She needs to make sure that Jaemin will be strong and take the aftermath of the curse in their family. 


After a moment, Jaemin passed out, which brought an alarming situation to all of them. Jisung let go of Haechan and wanted to run when he saw Jaemin passee out. Mark dragged him out of the room when the doctors came to check Jaemin's condition. Haechan is also in shock while Jeno's feeling numb. 

 

They stay for more minutes to make sure that Jaemin is fine. Mrs. Na didn't speak ill to them but informed them that Jaemin is already out of danger. After that, Dream went home.