Chapter 6 - Broken.

Secrets.

No one pov.

The sound of the alarm woke sowon up and she was thirsty so she went to the kitchen for water but then suddenly she saw yunho setting the tables for breakfast.

"Good morning." - yunho said with a bright smile.

"Yeah... Good morning." - sowon said. 'he looks handsome today... Wait sowon. No. he's only a friend and a helper, you know that. Well he's not that bad...' - sowon thought.

"Oh look, after 2 months you finally prepared a proper korean breakfast." - sowon said sarcasticly.

"I had the motivation to do it hehe"

"Now let's eat, shall we?" - yunho then added.

"Well then, we shall." - sowon responded.

Suddenly yunho got a call, but a call from who?

Yunho didn't answer the call. So he got a message that says "Yunho, If you aren't gonna answer me I'll hunt you down."

"Do it later, im eating. Or you can just message me now just like what you're doing" - yunho replied.

"I- fine I'll call you later." - the man accepted his defeat.

"Mkay." - yunho replied... Again.

"What's that?" - sowon asked.

"Oh uh its nothing." - yunho said. A pair of two brown eyes was looking at him with lots of doubt.

"Okay..." - she was still doubting him.

"No! Like seriously, its really nothing believe me!" - he showed her a conversation. Though that was not the man who messaged him. And yes. Yunho lied. Well what he's in right now? Its the thing called danger.

"Okay" - sowon finally believed yunho.

"Mmmh, yummy!" - sowon said while eating.

After 40 minutes...

"How are you so good at cooking, gosh. Im already full but i want more!!!!" - she whined.

"Want me to cook more?" - yunho asked.

"No thanks, im full." - she said.

"Okay then."

Ring!!!! - Yunho's phone started ringing.

"Im just gonna take this call." - yunho went to his room.

"So. What is it?" - yunho asked.

"About park dami. Did you kill her?" - the man asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Good. But uhh we have a problem."

"Okay so what is it?"

"Her boss is searching everywhere for you." - the man said seriously.

"Yeah, I know."

"The main thing here is he's in your town."

"Which one?"

"The one that you and your girl is living in." - after the man finished telling him that, yunho's face was even more serious.

"We have to find a way out. I can't let her be in danger." - yunho said.

"Ahh wait..." - yunho had a sudden realization.

"Running away won't be good."

"How?" - the man said.

"Its... Obvious."

"But staying wont be good either."

"What if we lure him out of the town? A trap. We have to set one up." - yunho said.

"Has he ever saw my face before? Nor does he know who i am?" - yunho asked.

"He doesn't."

"Hmm... We need a good trap that can lure him out of this." - yunho said but then suddenly, sowon knocked on his door.

"Oh she's knocking. Let's meet up at CASAVA Hotel's bar. I'll tell you when."

"Kay." - the man hung up.

"Yes?" - yunho opened the door.

"What took you so long to answer?"

"I was talking to someone. Now, what is it?"

"I made coffee, want one?" - she raised her other hand that had the coffee that whe wasn't drinking.

"Oh sure, thanks a lot!" - he smiled sweetly.

"Uhh yunho... I uhh..."

"Yes?" - he looked at her wondering what she was gonna say.

"Yunho... No-! I mean yuju... Are you really her? The eagle of time?" - sowon asked.

"..." - yunho dropped the cup of coffee he was holding. He looked down at the spilled coffee on the floor then suddenly his eyes lit up. He then looked at sowon with shock.

"H- how did you know...? Y- you aren't supposed to kn- know that..." - yunho was going crazy, his head? Shaky. his eyesight began to blur.

He took a step back, looking at sowon with pure shock and fear.

"Y- yunho?" - a concerned look appeared in sowon's face.

"OUT! GET OUT! Please. I beg you." - yunho pleaded with his eyes drowning in tears. His legs collapsed. Unable to stand yunho cries in the floor with sowon looking at him with tears.

"Yunho, im sorry!" - sowon said.

"Just get out... Please." - he looked so broken. Those were the first genuine emotions he felt after that situation... And somehow it had to be those sad, emotional feelings.

Sowon then went out of his room. She heard things breaking and crashing from yunho's room. She wanted to go to him but... She could not. His sad plead was making her stop but at the same time go to him, help him. After that, she went to her room and drank her coffee. She bursted into tears in her bed. That image of yunho in her mind. So broken, so sad. How can someone who was so joyful and serious hide his tears?

She remembered the incident from 4 months ago, when they first met... Or the second time? The first time her incarnation saw him broken. The time when they talked about his past. HIs traumatic past. So full of traumas filled with deaths, killing, and abuse. That image of her head rolling on the floor.

flashback.

Year 1578.

"DIE. DIE. DIE. You broke one of my precious vases... IT WAS A FORTUNE! IT COULD BRING US MORE LUCK AND WEALTH... AND YET YOU BROKE IT!" - yunho's grandmother screamed. The 456 year old yunho's eyes were drowning in tears.

"Im sorry... Im sorry... Please! Please forgive me!" - he pleaded. He accidentally broke the vase after tripping. The servant had made him trip by stretching his legs out when yunho was running. His grandmother took the whip that she told one of her servants to get.

SLAP! SLAP! SLAP!

"Please... AGH!" - he screamed in pain as he got whipped again and it went on and on and on.

Year 1789.

"YOU'RE A WORTHLESS CHILD!" - his grandfather said. He threw yunho 6 stages high. Yunho fell. His back touching the ground. Yunho could not say anything. He was coughing blood, bleeding hard. Broken bones and body parts.

' Im exhausted... Im too tired... I don't wanna go back. ' - he thought. But. He cannot die as he heals fast. When he loses a body part it regenerates. Eagles of time... They can't die unless killed by their fellow eagles. This time he had accidentally saw something he wasn't supposed to see. His grandfather killing the servant who had treated him nice. So he was threw.

Year 1943.

It was hard to breathe. He was chained up. Chains on his neck, hands, and legs. He kept gasping for air. He was filled with wounds that cannot heal because his grandfather has put a spell on him. Blood was dripping down from his forehead, then reaching the eyes, then dripping down like tears. Blood was spilling out of his mouth also. He looked like he could faint anytime. He was starving and was thirsty. His shirt was ripped and dirty full of blood stains.. His fit but wounded body was showing.

It was worse than jail. He had a big mirror infront of him.

Was it supposed to show him how ugly he was?

Or... how pitiful he looked?

Being born in his family was no easy thing. It was an everyday thing to face. A thing you have to be used to.

Fate, Oh dear fate. Can you make his life any easier?

Can you give him answers to all his questions?

Solutions to all his problems?

Everything... Every single thing he had been trying to let go of these past few months...

He was reminded of it... AGAIN.

Seriously...

Why did he have to be born this way?

" WHY DID I HAVE TO BE BORN THIS WAY!? I HATE IT... I HATE IT SO MUCH!"  - yunho screamed. It was so loud that he had shocked sowon who was already in bed.

Sowon finally got the strength to stand up to check what yunho was doing. She went to his room and then when she entered...

Broken soju bottles and crumpled papers on the floor and the table. A broken guitar, spilled soju, and a crying yunho sitting on the floor.

"Yunho... calm down, calm down. im sorry, i made a mistake. So can you forgive me?" - sowon apologized. Yunho suddenly hugged her and cried. They stayed like that for a few minutes.

"Im the one who's sorry. i should be the one asking for forgiveness. i clean this all up. im sorry. im sorry." - yunho stopped crying. He mumbled those last two sorries. he began to pick up the shattered broken soju bottles on the floor.

"Stop. i'll get the broom and the dustpan." - he tried to hide it but the sorry look still appeared on his face.

Together, they cleaned up the mess yunho made.

"Sojung, i insist. let me." - he reached out for the broom in sowon's hand. A shocked look appeared on sowon's face.

"So- sojung?" - sowon said.

"Oh, uh, sorry. But isn't that your birthname? Your mother told me months ago." - he responded.

"Yeah. It is. But let me help you. You've been helping me for months now. You do everything for me. So this time... Even only this time. Let me help. I've been rude and cruel to you so im sorry. I'm trying to make up to you right now.  That's why let me help you." - she said.

"No, i insist. I already forgave you long ago, actually? No. To me you've done nothing wrong." - yunho said. 'AISH HE'S SO STUBBORN!' - sowon thought.

"Okay... Fine, i give up since we're almost done anyway. But yunho even if you think I've done nothing wrong atleast let me make up to you. Or else this will forever go on my mind, regretting that i never made up to you. Feeling guilty and stuff." - she said.

"Cook me egg fried rice then? And ooh! A soft scrambled egg on top please and also a sweet and spicy noodles?" - a smile lit up on his face.

"Sure." - she chuckled. Once she closed the door she started stomping her feet. 'he accepted it yes! AHHFAHAHGA' - she excitedly went to the kitchen.

"It's time for my cooking skills to shine." - she smirked.

She opened the fridge's door then took the rice and eggs out. she took the pan from the cabinets above the stove and the oil, soy sauce, and salt from the other cabinet.

20 minutes later...

"Yunho! Its done!" - sowon shouted. Yunho went to the kitchen to eat.

"You done cleaning?" - she asked.

"Nope. I still have to mop the spilled soju and throw the trash outside." - he answered.

"You're pretty much done now."

"Eh." - yunho shrugged.

He began to eat the egg fried rice and the sweet and spicy noodles sowon had cooked for him. After eating one bite he looked at her with wide eyes.

"W- what. What's wrong? does it taste bad?" - she began to doubt her own cooking skills.

"The opposite actually."

"this is really good."- he told her.

"Really?" - she asked.

"Yeah, i do. i really mean it." - yunho calmed down but he still seemed sad and gloomy. But he smiled. He smiled for her.

"Sojung..." - he could not say it aloud.

"Yes?" - she answered as she could still hear it.

"Im sorry... Im sorry for how i acted earlier. I- I should've-"

"Shh... It's alright... Don't worry." - she hugged him to reassure him.

A look of guilt can still be seen on his face. Slowly, he started to hug her back.

"I- I'm going to continue eating now." - yunho said.

"O- oh, okay." - she turned away then left the kitchen. It shocked her that she actually enjoyed that hug. She was not the type of person to hug a person first, OR she wasn't the type to hug people.

The two then spent the rest of the day awkwardly.

End of chapter 6.

A/N: sooo yeah the story is unfolding. I have nothing to say AHHAHAHA