Brunch

Written Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yena has always this unusual effect on me. I got flustered a lot and I still am until now. Just like what happened on that day. I still remember it clearly, after that night she spent with me, I woke up being tangled in her arms. I nearly exploded, I wanted to scream. Being held closely in her arms dearly, was the best thing happened to me at that time.

I felt she stirred and held me tighter than before. I was giddy, I was greedy. Hiding in the crook of her neck, I let out a sigh, savoring that one moment just for my own-self.

“Good morning?”, her voice was hoarse and I took a note in my mind. Her voice was second to her hands. It saved me a lot of times, she did, and I would never complain about her existence.

“Actually, it’s almost 12 in the afternoon.”

“Oh, God,” she groaned and prying herself away from me, I wished she did not. I guess, I missed her warmth, or maybe I just simply not wanting to be away from her ever. Right, Teenagers and their crushes.

“At what time that we should be back to the camp?”

She started to grab her things around and made her way to the bathroom. I did not know how she seemed to be moving comfortably and with so much familiarity in her steps. Like she meant to be doing this as her routine; waking up and saying good morning to me, grabbing her things and preparing herself in my room. Or, was that just made up by my mind?

I checked my phone for any message from my company’s staffs, “They are expecting us to arrive at 4, unnie.” I half yelled as I heard the water running. A couple of minutes later, Yena went out from the bathroom, “Should we go together?”

“Would that be okay? I mean, the company’s staffs might not like it?”

She took a glass of water from the bedside table. Yena was contemplating, “Okay, but can we have a brunch together first?” How could I say no to her pouting lips? And was I out of my mind to say no on spending more time with her?

I smirked, “I see that you still want to spend more time with me. So, tell me, was cuddling with me all night long not enough for you?”

Poor Yena. She was chocking and coughing really bad and I made my way to the bathroom leaving Yena being embarrassed on her own.

We ended up having that brunch postponed two days later. Yena was being bombarded with messages and calls. Apparently, her company needed her to come earlier than the other Yuehua trainees. It had something to do with her current ranking and screen-time at that time. She kept on apologizing to me, and promised to make it up to me, even it had to happened in the camp’s canteen rather than in a nice newly opened bakery downtown.

We were lingering in the entry hallway of my dorm; I was reluctant to let her go and she was busy replying to her company’s staffs. When she pocketed her phone, she took my hand and it felt like it was the most usual and common thing to do between us.

“Thanks for spending time with me, Yuri-yah.” Yena gave me a little squeeze and I replied her with a small smile. It did not mean I was not happy, damn, I was content.

Maybe I just knew that I would miss her. Being on that program, on the camp, we would not have those kinds of time for ourselves. I would be there and she might stand beside me, but with so many cameras, I would not have the Yena from last night.

As if she could read my mind, she pulled me closer and I panicked. With her hands were intact on mine and she stood a little bit too close as friends, “First, Wonyoung and Yujin were not friendly. They don’t even realize it, but I do.”

I was stunned. What happened to her to suddenly having this kind of bravery?

“Second,” she whispered right through my ears and I had to flinched a bit by the fluttering feelings it caused me, “It would never be enough, when it comes to you, Jo Yuri.”

Then, she left.

I was in the cafeteria waiting for a certain duck who promised me a brunch. It was not a brunch though, more like a supper-break date. The trainees were flooding in and I spotted familiar faces. Wonyoung and Yujin,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter