Date

Written Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up around six in the morning. I supposed I had a much longer sleep than the previous days. It was not my alarm that woke me up, it was Choi Yena’s voice. Apparently, she was talking to my team members.

“Is Yuri still sleeping?” I heard her whisper.

“Yeah, but she will get up like in 5 minutes or so. She always has her alarm set up at 6:30.”

“Oh, O.K.,” Well, it looked like that Yena was feeling awkward with my members. I decided to actually wake up, well, who doesn’t want to if you know Choi Yena is there wanting to see you. First thing that she did that morning and it warmed my heart.

Well, I was about to wake up, not until a sudden realization hit me. I could not present myself to her with this condition. I just woke up, I could not check myself first, and I was pretty sure I did not look appropriate. No, not in front of my crush.

Please, Yena, just leave for now.

“Well, I think I will just wait for her, then.”

“Make yourself comfortable, Yena-ssi. We will just go to the canteen now.”

OH, GOD.

I felt her presence beside me. She sat down on the floor just right beside my bed. Somehow, I could hear her breath. It was steady and calming. Silence took over the entire room and I panicked. What should I really do in this kind of situation?

“Jo Yuri,” she called my name, “Yuri, Yuri-yah­.”

Did I get caught pretending to sleep? That was my immediate worry. I did not know how to reason out. She let out a sigh and I heard her talking to herself, “Get yourself together, Choi Yena. How could you be this coward, seriously? It was just a simple question. Just say it to her and get over with it.”

Cute. She was being so cute that I really wanted to scream. I was curious. What kind of question that she wanted to ask me? Why was she being so nervous about it?

“Yuri-yah, have a date with me.” I swore my heart stopped for a damn one beat.

“No, no, no. That was way too demanding. Yuri-yah, would you go on a date with me? Hmm, is it too cringey?” She sighed a big time, “I don’t think I can do this. She’ll freak out.”

“Jo Yuri, let’s go on a date.”

I slowly opened my eyes, “I would love to, Unnie,” I answered her. I really did not care about my appearance anymore.

Shocked was the only word that could describe Yena on that moment. I was still smiling ear to ear. I guess, I won this round. I guess, I did not regret on pretending to sleep.

“YAH! Were you awake the whole time?”

“Nope. You were being so loud that I woke up just now. You know, when you asked me to go on a date?”

A little bit of teasing would not hurt, right? It was really fun to see her flustered. A pretty rare sight.

“Shut up. Don’t get me wrong. You know, I just think that we could do something fun after the first group evaluation. A friendly-friends-besties date, you know? Just like Yujin and Wonyoung’s date. They have their own bonding time so I-”

“Yeah, right. O.K., Unnie, I got it.”

Right, Yena and her excuses.

She stood up and was ready to leave like always. Yena liked to escape a lot from me. Whether it was in the practice room or in the hallway. Sometimes, when we talked in the canteen and things got pretty awkward, she excused herself abruptly. That was confusing yet…exciting?

These fluttering feelings I had towards her only know how to grow stronger. No, it didn’t know how to stop or maybe I did not let it to stop. Maybe, Yena did not let it to stop. She knew exactly how to make me fall deeper.

“But, unnie…” I trailed off and she stopped on her track immediately, “You are not that innocent or obnoxious, right?”

“O-on what?” her eyes screamed nervous and I enjoyed it more than anyone.

“You know, Yujin and Wonyoung’s date, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter