WINRINA - Dinner at the Kims

The Kim Sisters and Their Girlfriends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is quarter to 7 and the young couple is currently in Winter’s car on their way to the Kim’s household for the dinner that Winter planned for her family to meet her girlfriend. Winter, who is driving, once again glances at the girl right next to her. Karina has been checking herself on the car’s visor mirror for the 4th time ever since they got inside.

 

“Jagiya, for the nth time, you look amazing.” Winter says.

 

“What? I didn’t say anything.” Karina answers, still fixing her hair.

 

“You didn’t have to. You’ve been opening and closing that mirror for how many times now.” Winter chuckles. 

 

“No, I was just… my bracelet caught some of my hair when I was fixing it so I had to check to make sure it’s neat.” The older girl denies.

 

“There was nothing to fix in the first place babe.” Winter reaches for her girlfriend’s hand and squeezes it. “Can you relax for me, please?”

 

Karina nods and leans back on her seat. “I’m sorry baby. I’m just nervous. I mean, I’m meeting your family for the first time.”

 

“And you’re the first one so… no pressure.” Winter adds with a smirk.

 

“NOT HELPING BABE!” the older whines.

 

“I’m just kidding. But seriously, you have nothing to worry about. My family will love you, I already know it because I love you.”

 

Karina’s heart melts hearing this from her girlfriend. It’s not like they haven’t said “I love you” to each other, in fact they have early on their relationship. It never fails to warm the older girl’s heart since Winter is shy and never really talks much when they are in school.

 

Karina leans over and plants a quick kiss on the younger’s cheek. “I love you too baby and thank you for always knowing the right words to say.”

 

Winter smiles and kisses her girlfriend’s hand. “You’re welcome. No more worrying okay? We’re almost there and they are excited to meet you!”

 

A few minutes later, they arrive at Winter’s parents’ house. 

 

“We’re here!” Winter says as she unbuckles her seatbelt. She sees her older sister’s car parked on their drive way. “Looks like Taeyeonnie and Fany-unnie are also here. You ready babe?”

 

Karina unbuckles her seatbelt and calmly exhales. “I think so.”

 

Winter has never seen this side of her girlfriend as Karina is always the outgoing one between the two of them. Her girlfriend is the most popular girl in school, knows so many people and have many friends and acquaintances. The girl literally talks to anyone who talks to her because she’s just that friendly. So seeing her this shy and unsure is new to her. Winter is genuinely concern on how Karina is currently feeling.

 

“Hey, look at me, if you think this is too soon..”

 

“No, baby, of course not.” Karina cuts her off. “I’m really happy and looking forward to meet your family. I just want them to like me because I like you so much and I want to meet their expectations and I want them to see that I’m good enough for you.”

 

“The fact that I’m bringing you home to introduce to them is already saying a lot. I know we’ve only been dating for a couple of months but I don’t plan on doing this with anyone else but you. This maybe too early to say but I don’t care. You’re the first and last one I am introducing to my family.”

 

“Winter Kim, you have no idea how much I want to kiss you right now but I just spent the last 30 minutes fixing myself to look perfect for your family so that kiss will have to wait.” The brunette girl smiles.

 

“You’re already perfect babe, a little smudge of your lipstick won’t hurt.” Winter proceeds to lean in and steals a quick kiss. “See? Still perfect. Come on.”

 

Karina just shakes her head, smiling at her girlfriend’s silliness.

 

The young couple walks in the Kim household, holding hands. Karina clutches Winter’s hand a little bit tighter as soon as they get inside.

 

“Eomma! Appa! We’re here!” Winter calls.

 

Taeyeon is the first one they see as the oldest of the Kim siblings walks out from the dining room to greet the couple, following behind her is Tiffany.

 

“It’s about time you guys get here, the food’s getting cold” Taeyeon teases.

 

Tiffany can see how the girl right next to Winter is visibly panicking so she pinches her girlfriend’s side which earns a silent yelp from the older girl. 

 

“Tae-Tae what are you,.. She’s just kidding, we just got here too and dinner is almost ready.” 

 

“Taeyeonnie stop scaring her, she’s already nervous as it is.” Winter tells her sister. Karina wants to smack her girlfriend for exposing her but that will have to wait ’til later.

 

Taeyeon chuckles. “I’m just kidding. Come, let’s go to the dining room, we’re just about done.”

 

Tiffany approaches the young couple with a huge smile on her face. “Hi Karina, I’m Tiffany, I’ve heard so much about you and Winter is definitely right, you are very pretty!”

 

Karina bows and shyly thanks Tiffany. “Oh, uhm, thank you! Nice to meet you, uh, Tiffany-ssi…?”

 

Tiffany laughs at this and reaches for Karina. “Don’t be so formal, silly. You can call me Unnie if that’s comfortable for you. Winter is like my baby sister so I can definitely see you as one too.” 

 

Karina smiles hearing this, it eases her nerves a little bit knowing 1 out of 4 is already fond of her. Winter is smiling from this interaction, appreciating her Fany-unnie being friendly to her girlfriend.

 

They enter the dining room and there, Karina sees Taeyeon finishes setting up the table while an older woman, who she surely know is Winter and Taeyeon’s mother because of the resemblance, is placing down the side dishes.

 

Mrs. Kim looks up and sees the trio. She immediately smiles when she sees Karina. “Omo, Minjeong-ah is this her?”

 

Winter smiles back and nods. “Hello Eomma! Where’s Appa?”

 

“I’m here, I’m coming.” Mr. Kim comes out of the kitchen carrying a big bowl of soup and places it down on the center table.

 

When the attention is all on the young couple, Winter proudly shows off the girl right next to her. “Eomma, Appa, Taeyeonnie, and Fany-unnie, I would like you all to meet my girlfriend, Karina.”

 

Karina bows and introduces herself. “Hello, I’m Karina Yu, thank you for inviting me for dinner, it’s nice to meet you all.”

 

“Thank you for making time to visit us Karina, our Minjeong couldn’t stop talking about you.” Mr. Kim says teasing his youngest daughter.

 

“Appa! Don’t expose me yet!” Winter whines and everyone laughs.

 

Mrs. Kim approaches them and pulls Karina closer to her. “My dear, come sit and let’s eat. Minjeong requested some of your favorite food so I prepared them for you. I hope you came hungry.”

 

“They look and smell delicious Mrs. Kim, I know for sure I will enjoy them!” Karina answers enthusiastically which makes the older woman happy.

 

They all start making their way to sit at the dining area; Mr. and Mrs. Kim at  opposite ends of the table, Taeyeon and Tiffany on the other side by each other and across is Winter and Karina. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter