Tulipan_

Ollie's Scenario Shop [open/ accepting requests]
Please log in to read the full chapter
Oh Sehun [exo k] x Lee Hakyung [oc]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I've been standing in front of my old tree house, for at least fifteen minutes now. Just staring at the old sturdy house, that is filled with warm, childhood memories. You'd think I'm probably stupid by doing so but how can I not? I feel as if I might breakdown and start crying if I decide to go up there. It's been 6 years since I last set foot inside it. Just standing two feet away brings a rush of memories back. All just slamming into me, not giving me a single moment to take in each one of them carefully.

 

This playhouse was built by both my father and Mr.Oh just when Sehun and me where only three years old. They had once had a tree house of their own, so being the lovable dads, they are they decided to build one for us as well. Just so we could experience the joy of cherishing memories alongside each other like they had at our age.

 

And that's exactly what Sehun and I did. We'd come up this old thing every single day, to hold our club meetings. We'd talk about our day, play "Daring-knight-saves-damsel-in-distress-" we'd play pirates, or I'd force him to play tea parties with me. It was our own little home. We've lived everything together. This house was our escape. Every single time one of us felt down, and needed time to think we'd climb up, pull our sleeping bags to the middle of the tree house before laying down on it, as we stared at the sealing. Letting silence take over. Not a word was said between us. It wasn't needed. We'd let each other’s presence be the comfort we needed.

 

Yet now, every single time I stare at our house from my bedroom window I can't help but to feel my heart cringe and shatter repeatedly into the floor. It's been five years since we parted ways. Five whole years this house has been abandoned. Neither Sehun or me have set foot since then; and now, instead of bringing happiness, every time I set my gaze on it, I can't help but to feel as if I should cry. Just standing here makes my eyes glaze up in tears.

 

How can life be so cruel?

 

How can it take to 'inseparable' people and turn them into public enemies? How can all do beautiful memories we shared be fogged and blurred by all the misunderstandings and hate spills we have now? How can life be so cruel?

 

I've felt like telling my father and my older brother Juyeon to cut down the tree house several times; yet every single I open my mouth to tell them, all the great memories Sehun and I shared up there come rushing back. Invading my sanity, clouding my judgement. If I ever want to move on with my life, just like Sehun has I need to get rid of the tree.

 

Thought, I can't move on. I just can't. I can't give up on our friendship. It's too precious to let it slip away. It may not have been for Sehun but for me it has always been special, and meaningful. Maybe because us girls tend to get attached to quickly of people or stuff, or maybe because I know that somewhere, inside of Sehun’s heart there is still hope. Hope of igniting that friendship back. My mother always says that where there once was fire, ashes remain. Meaning that even if the fire dies down there is always hope of lighting it back on.

 

That's the reason I've been standing in front of our tree house for the last fifteen minutes. I've been trying to bring myself to cope with the pain and reminisce the beautiful memories we shared.

 

Thought I've been scared to. It's been so long; I don't know if I should go up after all.

 

"Okay Hakyung, you've got this. Just climb up. Do it." I whisper to myself as I shake my trembling hands, while trying to calm down. I glance up at the tall tree house, the one calling my name. The one inviting me inside. The one who is about to take me back into the past.

 

"Okay, let's do this."

 

With a deep breath and determination, I take two steps towards it, before setting my hand on the first step. I grab onto it gently and fearfully, is if it could burn me instantly. Once I feel I'm calm enough, I set my other hand on the next step before pulling myself up and off the ground. Within a few seconds I'm finally inside.

 

I set both my hands on the hard, wooden floor as I remain on my knees. I slowly lift my head, as my eyes roam around, taking in every single inch of my tree house. Oh, how I've missed you. I think to myself, as I feel my eyes tearing up once again.

 

I softly push myself off the floor before walking over towards my old, play kitchen. I stare at it lovingly as memories come rushing in. One after one, fighting for attention. I bend down next to my small, tea party set and table. I gently glide my fingers over the old, dusty table before picking up one of the chipped, ceramic teacups. I stare at it wishfully as I remember the time, I had pulled Sehun by his ear, before forcing him to sit down and play with me. I served him fresh lemonade my mom had made before feeding him a plate of his favorite chocolate chip cookies.

 

Sehun had lost a bet against me and had to pay his dues by playing house with me. I was his lovely wife, who cooked and took care of him while he was the hard-working husband who brought me flowers every night.

 

Yet, that day Sehun was less than pleased with me. I had embarrassed him in front of all his friends by demanding he should playhouse with me, because he had lost the bet. His friends laughed at him for a whole week. He was so furious with me smashed my teacup against the table, causing a small section of it to break off.

 

Was that the day.

 

He ignored me for a whole week, yet who can resist me when I'm at my maximum level of annoyance? Not Sehun, that's for sure.

 

That's why after a whole week of me being on his case, bugging him and saying I was sorry he caved in and forgave me. He made sure to make me swear I would never embarrass him in front of his friends again, though.

 

I chuckle softly at the memory before setting the teacup down. How I wish that sweet, kind, soft-hearted Sehun would come back. I missed him. I hadn't seen that side of him since sixth grade. Ever since the summer before seventh grade he had isolated himself. He wouldn't answer my calls, he would ignore me when I would walk up to him at the hallway. And then soon after he started hanging out with Im Jaebum and his crowd. Who were technically known as the middle school bullies?

 

Please log in to read the full chapter