China, Beijing, Timezone +8

24Hours Midnight

I look at him "OH " I say when he takes my hand and pulls me through the door and all I can see is black......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a loud thud, we land on the floor next to a tall building. We stand up and look around. I see a big street, many buildings, high buildings and lots of people. The building we see in front of us is called TaiKoLi. Suddenly I recognized this place since I was here already. We are in Beijing in Sanlitun. 

Happy about the fact, I turned to Jimin to tell him that we were in Beijing, I realized his shocked and confused face. I totally forgot that this is his first time. I guess holding on to a person will take the person with me. I take out my phone and it's 00:00 again. 

I look at Jimin and ask him "Hey Jimin, are you ok?". He looks at me with wide eyes, "Ok? Am I ok? What the hell is that? Where am I? What's going on?" Suddenly he grabs my shoulders strongly and his voice grows cold, "Did you drug me and kidnap me? why do I not remember how we got there? who are you? what do you want from me". He screams the last words into my face.  Shocked at his outburst I answer him trying to sound calmly "We're in Beijing, No I didn't kidnap you. Let me explain everything to you." I take his hand and take him somewhere quiet where I can explain everything to him. 

We walked to the center of TaiKoLi which is an Outside Shopping mall that exists of many smaller buildings. In the middle of the mall area is a quiet place to sit. We sit down and he looks at me angrily. I try to explain everything to him. Starting from how I went to New Zealand and what happened there until how we ended up in Beijing. He looks at me like I am some crazy girl. "I don't believe you, Do you really think I would believe some crazy like that?" he tells me.

 I take his hand again and say" Look, it's 00:15 now. Just stay with me for one hour. If after one hour we are still in Beijing, you can call the police on me for kidnapping you. If after one hour we are in another country, you have to believe me." He takes his hand out of my grip and clears his throat. "Alright. I'll give you one hour to make me believe." 

Happily that he accepted my request, I brightly smile. "So since we are in Beijing, and I used to study here aboard, let me show you a little around. Now we are in Sanlitun which is the Embassy and Club district, We are close to the forbidden city, Tiananmen, Wangfujing, and some other cool places. Is there any place you want to see?" 

He thinks a little and then answers me with a short "Something touristy". "Tiananmen it is since the forbidden city is closed at this time. There is a beautiful hidden park at Tiananmen. we can go there too", I tell him. "Sure", he answered very uninterestedly. I guess he is still not trusting me. I open the Didi APP*  in my Wechat** and call a Taxi to take us there. We could walk but since we have to watch the time, I guess we'll take a Taxi. The driver calls me and I tell him where we are waiting. Jimin is listening very confused because he probably didn't think I actually can speak Chinese.  The driver finally arrives and we get into the taxi. 

After a short ride, we arrive at the destination. First, we have to get through a security check, and then we are standing in the middle of the famous Tiananmen Square. "It's quite pretty at night", he says to me. "Yes it is but the Forbidden city behind the Tiananmen walls is even more beautiful, but unfortunately it's closed now. We are walking a little around and I sneakily take some pictures of him. I mean ehem... why not. Later he will believe me and probably be happy I took some pictures of our traveling for him.

"Let's got to that hidden park," I tell him and point to the small entrance. He looks skeptically at me and says "are you sure it's a park and not some room to lock me in?" I laugh at his answer "Well if you don't, believe me, you can stay here. I will go alone because I really like this park. But in 10 minutes we will have to meet up again". "No, I'll come." He slowly follows me until we're in the Park. "Woah looks like an imperial garden," He says. "Yes that's because it was an imperial garden. Just a small one but it's beautiful". We are walking a little around and take some photos. There are still some old people playing games, dancing, and singing. 

After a while, I check my phone and the time says 00:57. I'm looking around for a possible door or some way to do the next time skip but there is nothing. I slowly start to panic about what I can do. I don't really plan on landing in prison. I see Jimin walking a few meters in front. I have to try to touch him before the alarm goes off or else he will stay here.

 I run quickly as the time is running out. I run as fast as I can but oversee the uneven floor and trip. I trip and Jimin is only a few centimeters away from me. Bye Jimin, Bye Beijing, and I guess bye jail I say to myself while falling. I was getting myself ready for a hard fall to wherever I will land now but it never came. It was quite soft and I was happy about it until I heard an uncomfortable groan...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Didi App is the Chinese Uber app to call taxis or drivers.

** Wechat is like kakao, line, whats app and since the other three are blocked in China, literally everyone uses wechat.

I live since 8 years in Beijing. I know that city pretty well so all the mentioned places are real and exist.