Chapter One: New Beginnings

It Will Always Be You

   For this story Morgan and the other characters will be switching between korean and english. Korean will be italicized when speaking and english will not be. I will add this not in the foreword incase it is forgotten! If anyone has a better solution for this let me know. If I spoke actual korean I would type it in korean, but I sadly do not. Please enjoy!

 

   Morgan had just arrived in Seoul. It had been about a week and she was having no luck navigating the busy streets. The only thing she knew how to get to was the Starbucks close to her job. It was also one of the only things that reminded her of home. Morgan was exiting the store with a strawberry refresher in one hand and her phone in the other. Paying no attention she began to walk in the direction of her building.

    She was about half way to her job when she felt her hands collide with a muscular chest. She yelped as her phone started to fall and the drink started to pour over the stranger. She scrambled for her phone and let the drink go as it pleased. As soon as she had the phone in hand she heard a male voice yell "!" Morgan slowly looked up from the phone she just catched and was surprised by the male in front of her. Her jaw dropped as she realized how much taller he was than her. She wasn't tall by any means, but she was geniunely surprised by his height.

   When she finally snapped out of the daze she was in she immediatly started apologizing. "I'm so sorry! I should've been paying more attention," she mumbled as she looked back down at her purse to grab some napkins. After she found some napkins she reached up to start drying his shirt but he caught her wrist. "You aren't from Korea are you?" He said in perfect english which completely shocked her. For the most part people wouldn't normally be able to tell she was American. She shook her head responding, "No I'm not. I'm actually from LA." She looked up as she responded and realized his voice sound familiar the more she thought about it.

   She looked up once more and it suddenly came to her why he was familiar. It was Im Chang-Kyun from Monsta X. THE IM standing right in front of her and she just spilled her drink on him. She started to turn red as she looked into his eyes and he loosened his grip on her wrist. "Look don't worry about the shirt. It's not a big deal. And it also would seem you finally noticed who I was miss?" He said in a questioning tone obviously wanting to know her name. She tried her best to keep calm as she responded, "My name is Morgan.. it's nice to meet you IM." She held her hand out part way through the introduction waiting for him to shake it. Chang-kyun grabbed her hand with his and shook it carefully. 

   "Well it was very nice to meet you Morgan, but I do need to get going so I'm not late." He released her hand and quickly reached for her phone. Somehow her phone managed to stay unlocked the entire time and he was able to put his contact information in. He slid the phone into her purse before waving and turning around to leave. Morgan stood there stunned at everything that just happened. Did he really just give her his number? Was he not angry about the shirt? Should she get another drink? A million things were going through her mind when her phone buzzed. 

Where are you?? Work is about to start!

   She looked down at the phone reading the message from Hannah and started to panic. She turned running down the street to her job. Reaching the front of her job she quickly pushed the doors open and walked inside. When she entered she noticed her best friend staring and shaking her head at her. Hannah yelled, "You somehow manage to get here everyday at 9am on the dot. Do you not care about getting here early?" Morgan scanned her badge to go further into the building and calmly said to her friend. "I've had a very crazy morning and I really don't need your sass right now." Hannah didn't mean any harm by what she said, but Morgan was still trying to process everything and that comment didn't help. 

   They both began heading to their desk that were set up right next to each other. When they both sat down and had everything open that they needed Hannah began to ask questions. "What happened this morning? Did you lose your wallet or something?" She shook her head not wanting to explain everything, but did since it was her best friend. Over the next 15 minutes she told her everything from her daily stop, to bumping into IM, to him giving her his number. "Damn girl I wouldn't know how to react to that myself. From what you said it sounds like you handled it well.." Hannah said shaking her head as she was typing documents up on her computer. She wasn't sure how to respond and just grabbed her phone to send a quick text.

   When she unlocked her phone and began to open her messages she noticed her background and immediatly turned red. It was a picture of IM from his vogue photoshoot. He had a dark blue shirt on that was with patterned pants. The photo was black n white and if anything it was one of the ier pictures she had of him on her phone. She couldn't explain why it was y, but she loved the photo thus it being her background. She quickly open her messages and sent IM a text.

Please tell me you didn't notice my wallpaper.. Also do you prefer english or korean? 

   She threw the phone down onto the table groaning as it hit the table. "What have I gotten myself into.." She quickly mumbled to herself before staring at her computer and burying herself in her work.