Chapter 2

Hot Tea

Arin turn her eyes to the other side. It's Choi Soobin, the guy with a blue windbreaker. The guy she saw from the comfort room.

Unknowingly, she became Arin when she saw a handsome man. She closed her eyes and opened them.

I need to get my head on straight!

"Will you give it to me?"

Wwhenever she asked him to stop staring at her, he turn his eyes and talk to her. Arin pretended not to hear anything and stared at the other side.

She looked at one or three of her classmates' hair styles, and suddenly her chair move. When she turn around in surprise. Arin saw Choi Soobin stretching out his leg, he placed his foot on the leg of her chair, and pull it.

Woah, why is your legs so long?

"Give it back to me."

"What?"

Arin can't understand what he said, so she blink her eyes and the boy glance at her hand.

"Ah!"

She realize it later and held out his bag. When the boy snatch the bag and took it, her hand hit the desk and became empty.

Choi Soobin's seat is this place. Why am I sitting next to him?

As she move her feet and drag the chair back to her seat, she glance at his face. The sunlit face was smooth without freckles and roughness. 

Woah he's handsome.

Arin change her posture and took out her pencil case and notebook from her bag. Habitually, she wrote "Arin" on the outside of the note, but she wrote "Hong Cha Yeon".

Let's not forget. I'm Hong Cha Yeon. It's Hong Cha Yeon!

During the break time, Arin buried her face in the notebook and memorized the rambling lessons she heard. With the hope that her brain will eat it up.

 

"Yah! You bastard, shut up your mouth when you laugh, you're spitting out your saliva."

"You cut your hair funny, . What's with that haircut? You want to stand out with that?"

"Get lost. It's a trend."

"Is it Song Dae-gwan? If you do anything like him, it's trendy. Trendy songs, popular songs, exciting song~"

There was no such mess during break time. Sin Dae-gwan's song rang out from behind the classroom.

The guy with a close haircut was singing the song. The other guys sitting on the chair cheered, saying that there was no other master singer.

Even if she sat still and listened to their conversation, her heart jumps as if someone was arguing. Arin closed her eyes awkwardly at the rushing conversation, and then lay down on her desk.

God, how many months do I have to do this?

Arin buried her face in her bent arms and made a tearful face. She didn't know she would want to quit immediately for an hour.

"Hah...."

She sighed deeply, and then she heard a loud noise and something presses down on her back, and the weight of it pushes the desk which causes her to fall out of her chair. It was painful, but the situation for her is so embarassing.

Looking back on the floor, it seems that a guy who had been beaten out while they were playing chicken fight collapsed towards her. The person lying next to her in the same shape was smiling as if he was out of his mind. 

"Haha, Changmin is crazy. He flies away so easily."

"I thought you were a paper doll."

Their laughter didn't stop. In the meantime, Arin was the only one staring at her desk legs stupidly. That was the direction of her eyes.Her head was still attached to the floor.

"Hey, paper doll, you made all our classmates went out."

"Ah, ... I'm sorry."

The boy laughed as if he was out of his mind, he stood up and reached out her hand.

"Are you okay?"

"...Yeah. I'm okay"

Arin stood up and set up the fallen desk and pick up her writing tools and textbooks. Her knees became sore. She carefully lifted herself from the floor.

When she studying in the past, she hated the front seat so much, but now she desperately want to go to the front seat.

Why do students play behind the classroom during recess? The hallway is wider.

Arin went out of the hallway, she was about to throw up but she immediately covered , and swallowed it.

Behind her, another chicken fight of her classmates started. She turn her eyes and check the clock on the wall.

It's been 3 minutes since the break. A long sigh came out of Arin's mouth.

 

During lunch time, she sat on an empty seat with no no one with a plate of food.

"How long has it been since I had school lunch?"

It was a taste of death from the first to the fourth period for her, but seeing the daily food filled in her plates quickly made her feel better.

"Woah...stir-fried fish cake that I like."

Arin picked up the stir-fried fish cake while humming.

*Tak *take *tak she raise her head to the sound of plates being laid. While she was working hard to eat, a group of people sat beside and in front of her.

". Stir-fried fish cake again?!"

 While glancing, and looking at the faces of the guys, made her heart shrank for no reason. 

How can a high school student's face be so rough? I should quickly empty the plate and leave naturally.

Arin increases her speed whie eating and thinking how to escape the group of guys at the same time.

She can't bare sitting down eating her dessert, so she put the banana in her pocket and organized her plates. She held a spoon and chopsticks in one hand and held the plate.

As she was passing between the tables, someone's foot was pushed all the way out, and her center of gravity collapsed backwards.

"Ohhh?!"

Her view shifted from the front to the ceiling. The thought of not being able to do it was disregarded, and her body leaned back as feet spun around in vain. The plate fell out of her hand fell to the floor, and the leftover side dishes were scattered aimlessly.

Her body was stretched out on the cafeteria floor, between the tables, looking at the ceiling.

What is happening?

"Ouch...."

Arin frowned and raised her upper body. A banana peel is attached to the sole of her shoes.

Some bastard spilled it. She felt like her hip bones were broken because she couldn't even stand on the floor. Her whole arm is tingling with pain from the shoulder when her elbow slammed into the floor.

", did you go crazy?"

She can't even control her body and Arin made out noises from pain, but a huge face pops out of the ceiling.

"If you want to return the food tray, you have to do it properly. Why are you lying down here?"

"...uhh what?"

"You splattered your ing food you dumb!"

She roughly straightened her frowned face and looked at the uniform of a man glaring his eyes as if his feet were about to hit her from the top. The left sleeve of his coat was stained with kimchi broth.

"Huh. What should I do? I'm sorry."

As she got up and wiped his sleeves with her throbbing body, she suddenly felt a sudden back pain. Her body shakes violently, and the force of the lifting her body makes it more painful itself. Her heels fell off the floor, and she hurriedly pressed ehr toes to the floor.

"Don't wipe it with you hands! It will smudge more!"

"Huff...that...ack!"

"Hey, are you making fun of me? Huh?!"

His thick fist gripped her neck as if her collar was being into . Her breathing was unstable, and Arin wanted to yell him to stop, but was blocked and only her face was shown.

The boy, who tilted his head at an angle, thumped his nose against his dirty sleeve, the dropped his face from his sleeve and made an expression.

"Oh ! It smells bad. How can I wear this?"

"Do you have gym clothes?"

The guy next to him said. Then the guy crumples his face harshly and looks back at his friend.

"Go home in gym clothes? that!" his friend closes his mouth when he said that.

What is this? Are they really friends?

"..."

The boy's glare was penetrating under her flesh.

"Yah, take this off."

"Huh?"

"Let's change uniform."

Taking off her clothes in the cafeteria was absurd that made her eyes widened. The idea of a bear-like guy coming out and swapping shirts is absurd. 

Why am I experiencing this beast concept? Shirt ripped apart? Something like that...

"Are you ignoring me?"

"No, it's not that..."

Her body shook back and forth. Arin shuddered and moved her legs. She's out of breath and he wanted him to let go of her.

Suddenly, a spoon flew in from somewhere while she was hitting his fists with both hands. And the spoon hit the head of the guy standing in front of her automatically.

Ting! The boy's face is crumpled at once.

"! Crazy bastard!"

The boy turn his head and found the guy who threw the spoon. The head that had been blocking her view turn at an angle, revealing the boy.

He was Choi Soobin sitting there when Arin turn her eyes after the boy. He was with the gray hoodie and a navy sweatshirt guy that she saw in the comfort room in the morning.

"I'm eating,  you're very loud."

Choi Soobin spoke without hesitation with a very annoyed face. The boy took a step towards Soobin over the counterattack. As Arin open her breath, which was tightly blocked, a series of coughs pour out from her.

"Yah, Choi Soobin."

"Oh?" 

"Did you throw it?"

"What?"

"The spoon, you !"

"Nope..." 

Arin touch her wrinkled collar and glanced at the table where the harsh atmosphere shifted. The boy looked around at Choi Soobin's plate.

"Then, where's your spoon? Oh! ?" 

"I only brought chopsticks". Choi Soobin look up at the boy with a calm face. 

"Are you messing up with me?" 

"Why would I play with a guy like you? It's just between friends. Are you close to me?"

The boy's hands tremble at the words.

".... you"

Choi Soobin move his upper body and raised his head, and looked at the boy's sleeves.

"You're making a fuss about nothing.Wash it up."

Soobin, who drew attention from his sleeves, looked at the boy's face who's trembling.

"If you don't want to wash it, throw it away and buy a new one."

​​​​​​The atmosphere was suffocating. There's no one stopping them. His friends, who has been slowly getting from their seats, took the plate and led the boy out of the cafeteria.

"Yah, Eunho, let's go."

" off!"

The boy named Eunho, nervously shook off his hand holding Arin's collar.

Let go of me! Yah, Choi Soobin! Follow me to the rooftop! Arin thought he was going to say that, but he gave his arms to his friends who grabbed him again, saying, "Oh, hold it men!"

Then, as if filled with anger, he screamed and kicked the chair that was well placed with his feet. From the looks of it, it seems like he's doing that because he's annoyed of Choi Soobin.

But he just grabbed me easily, urgh life is so unfair.

"Yah what class are you?"

The guy, who was forcibly dragged out by his friends, stop walking and look back at Arin. She couldn't say anything and shook her head, her shoulders were bent down.

"Oh? It's you again? Hong Cha Yeon? You're having a hard time today didn't you?"

"...."

The sharp eyes terrified Arin. The guy who pushed her backward with his friends left the cafeteria.

She automatically reacted over what she had to do. Arin picked up the plates and spoon that fell on the floor.

What's wrong with this school? Why are you all ?

The tip of her nose wrinkled because she felt sad for nothing.

Even if I hadn't worn a name tag for Chayeon... I don't know what to do next to survive.

Arin bit her lips and swallowed her tears, but her eyes met with Choi Soobin.

Well, I should say thank you to him.

But she hesitated, Soobin turn his eyes away first.

She put a plate on the table and grab the table napkin. Arin could feel the other student glancing, but she couldn't leave the messy floor like that.

It felt tough for her without doing anything. It was the first time someone had grab her like that.

"Are you bored? Why did you throw a spoon at Kang Eunho all of a sudden? Are you crazy?!"

Her hand, sitting squatted and wiping the seasoning scattered on the floor paused.

"Who said I threw it? It just flew out like that... it's not on purpose"

"What the? You aim it like an arrow, and it flew straight to him."

"Huh? Yah Yeonjunah, you're framing an innocent person."

"Frame up? You're making me laugh...I don't like picking fight or you want to gamble your life to me"

"Okay got it. Just give me a spoon."

" you."

"Yah Felix, spoon."

"I don't have any."

Arin raise her eyes to the sound of a chair being drag.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get a spoon."

Arin made an eye contact with Choi Soobin, who turn around to get a spoon. She move her eyes down and rub the floor. She can see his feet moving away.

She look up with the table napkin. Arin look at the back of him walking towards their table.

Right. Most of the boys here at that tall. It is easy to pick on someone like me because I'm too small.

Suddenly, Arin felt depressed. There was no rules in this school. It is very dangerous for her to think that she would be caught and threaten so often. 

Should I tell madam... I'm sorry that I can't continue anymore... it's really hard to pretend that I am Chayeon.

Her shoulders are drooping.

The house she live with her grandmother, she felt like the house will be taken away. She grab the table napkin, plate and spoon that had been wiped off the floor and headed helplessly to the counter of the dish washing area of the cafeteria.

"Grandma..." she said with a gloomy voice.

 

 

​​​​

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

 

​​​​​