Chapter 1

Hot Tea

"Ugh, this resemblance is ugly."

Arin the camera and looked at her face with her cell phone up straight. Even when she turned left or right, the face on the screen was similar to that of Hong Cha Yeon.

Especially the mole under her eye. Even if her face is like that, it was creepy that her mole was in the same position. She felt it when she saw Chayeon and she can't believe that this would happen in the world.

HONG CHA YEON. 18 years old. The second son and headache of Chairman Hong's house where her grandmother works.

Chayeon and Arin had many similarities. When she visited his house on an errand for her grandmother, Chayeon's mom, who saw her, doubted her husband.

But apart from the appearance, there was no resemblance. As the second son of a well-to-do family, he was weak and took all kinds of medicine from an early age, and he received the care of his mother and other people who worked at the house with sincerely. 

On the other hand, Arin was born as the only child in a poverty-striken family, and she ate everything that people could eat, and there was only one person who looked after her, her grandmother. His dad left the house before she was born, and her mom died when she was in the 3rd year of middle school.

Perhaps because her grandmother worked at Hong's house for a long time, his family came to his mother's funeral.

Arin saw Hong Cha Yeon for the first time that day. Cha Yeon, who's faced with red swollen eyes because he repeatedly cried and stopped, was really too similar to her. The child also stared at her without closing his open mouth, thinking that he had such the same idea.

"I feel bad because you look like Chayeon, but I feel bad when you cry."

This is what Hong Cha Yeon's mother said while patting her. Perhaps because of that, her grandmother kept the kitchen at Chairman Hong's house for a long time. Knowing that the family had no particular income, it seemed to keep her Grandma's job.

Arin's grandmother took care of her health more carefully than herself, fearing that she would be fired if she became ill. Studying with the hard-earned money of such an old woman seemed like luxury, so Arin dropped out of high school. That was last year.

But why am I wearing a school uniform right now?

So, the start of the incident was that Hong Chayeon had an accident while riding a motorcycle without a helmet. The surgery was completed safely and he was not crippled, but the recovery was further improved. His consciousness goes back and forth.

 The biggest problem was that school opening was just around the corner. Chairman Hong said he was at an overseas branch and had to stay a few more months before he goes back to Seoul.

The most important thing for Chairman Hong was the full attendance. If Arin didn't get the perfect attendance award, she would join an after school club. From baseball bats to golf clubs, Chayeon made her choose herself. Arin thought that there was no such thing like that.

The Chairman's wife, who was worried that Chayeon, who was still not conscious, would become even more cold, called Arin without her grandmother's  knowledge and asked her to go to school instead of Chayeon until his body recovered.

"Ma'am, I'm a woman..."

Money is not everything, but I overlooked that the world is a world where you can do anything with money. And the power of that money worked on me too.

"I think I can afford an apartment so that I can't live with my grandma...my grandma will catch me if I go around like a boy at home. I might run into a friend of Chayeon in the neighborhood too."

"I'll find you a place to live near the school."

So the contract was concluded. Among the chairman's wife's relatives was the school owner, and the 18-year-old Hong Chayeon was transferred there. It will be like a camouflage transfer to a fake transferee like her.

As a thorough woman, Chayeon's mother wrote a contract without finishing verbally. Several conditions were at stake. If it was revealed that Arin was a woman, this contract would be nullified. The targets were Chairman Hong, school friends and acquaintances of Chayeon.

 

Yesterday, the chairman's wife, who came to take care of Arin, including her school uniform, said while looking at her.

"Really, you really look like Chayeon who has a haircut like this."

Arin didn't have anything to say, so she just laughed awkwardly, but today, wearing a school uniform, she thought that the resemblance was really horrible.

Arin practices her facial expressions while looking at her face. Then she saw a face other than her on her cellphone screen. The guy over her shoulder was frowning and looking at her.

Arin saw it for a while, but it wasn't for a moment, they were staring at each other openly for a moment, it felt like their eyes met on the screen, so Arin put phone down abruptly.

This stop is Sejong High School. The next stop is Sejong Intersection.

It's time for her get off from an embarrassing moment. Arin jumped up and stood in front of the back door with people. Nice timing, she said to herself.

There were a total of three school buildings. Main Building, East Building, and Annex Building.

Arin looked around and entered the main hall. A school map was posted next to the entrance. The class she was assigned to was class 1.

"It's the second floor of East Building."

Arin left the main building and moved to the East Building. While going to the teacher's office, she the route to the bathroom because her heart was pounding uncontrollably.

Before leaving the house, she checked all of her neatly cut bucket hair, the pressure bandages on her chest, and the black turtleneck she wore to cover her neck that didn't protrude, just in case.

Arin was afraid of finding a flaw due to her skinny body, so she got two overlapping uniform. Her pants were loose and the shoulders of the jacket remained big enough.

Except for wearing school uniforms vaguely, her appearance in the mirror was similar to that of Chayeon. However, when she was just around the corner of the classroom, she glanced at the glass and thought that she still looks like a woman, and her heart was pounding so hard.

As soon as she opened the door of the comfort room to reconfirm her face, school uniform, and chest, her eyes became round.

Two boys wearing gray hoodies and navy sweatshirts on top of school uniform shirts were smoking a cigarette while standing in front of a window at the end of the comfort room. There was a lot of smoke.

"Oh , you scared me! I thought you were a teacher!", The one in the gray hoodie jumped and said when Arin suddenly opened door and came in, quite surprised.

"Oh, sorry."

Arin couldn't move and stood frozen. The moment she thought she should leave, she heard the sound of dripping water.

"Aish, my school uniform smells so bad. You should go out and smoke, really. Not here."

Suddenly, from inside the bathroom cubicle, a blue windbreaker hood was raised, and a head of someone came out. Arin opened her eyes and looked at the guy. A well-dressed boy walks towards the washbasin, making an eye contact with her.

"Oh?"

Without realizing it, a sound came out from her and she covered too late. He's the person she met on the bus today with her phone screen. Whether the boy recognized her or not, the boy in windbreaker asked.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Arin woke up belatedly at the disgrunted expression of the boy. Slowly moving her frozen body, she slightly bowed her head.

"I'm sorry, I thought this was a toilet."

"That's right."

"What?"

"This is the comfort room. Do your business."

Arin was about to turn around, but she was caught up.

Oh right, I meant I thought it was a women's comfort room. Crazy, I'm a male student now.

It was only then that she realized that she had spoken strange excuses.

"Right..."

Arin turned back and stood in front of the sink. She raised the faucet thinking that she should just wash her hands.

*SHWAAA* The water is pouring toward the sink. She rubbed her hands, palms, and fingers to wash them, glancing and raising her eyes.

Arin made an eye contact with the boy in the mirror where she turned her eyes without thinking.  As she quickly lowered her head and lowered the faucet, a voice flew from the side.

"You're in 2nd year?"

"Uh? Yeah."

"Transferee?"

"...Yes."

"What class?"

You're asking me everything.

"Class 1."

The guy surprised Arin with a groan. Arin was about to rush out without shaking off the water, but a short, deep voice caught her ankle. She frowned while holding the door handle.

What, did she get cought from day one?

As Arin turn around from her frowning expression, a bag flew to her in the air. She grab the bag with both hands.

Without realizing it,  Arin bent down  to her knees as if she received something heavy, but the bag was so light that what she did was quite ridiculous.

The guys laughed at her angled legs, bent waist, and stretched hands.

"I'm on my way, so please leave this to Choi Soobin's seat."

"Who's Choi Soobin?"

The guy who was looking at Arin from afar points to his face with his finger.

"Me."

Arin automatically nodded at the sudden introduction of himself.

"What class are you in Soobin?"

She didn't know what class the person who introduced himself as Choi Soobin was, so she asked in honorific. The guy smiled and tilted his head.

"Choi Soobin is in the same class as you."

"Really...haha okay"

Arin picked up her bag and ran out of the bathroom. The gap between the opened door slowly narrowed, and a low voice leaked out through the gap.

“It looks cute as a bean-sized thing.”

Click The door is closed.

"Oh, I'm scared".

Arin breathed out and swept her chest. This is because she was very nervous because she met them for the first time. 

Bean? I thought it was what he said when he saw me.

She didn't have time to care.

"I didn't know we were the same age and kept speaking formally."

But there's nothing to know. I'm not going to be friends, and that doesn't matter.

Arin shook her head and walked away.

Arin stopped by the teacher's office before going to the classroom. The homeroom teacher looked at her with two bags on her shoulders, but the teacher didn't ask. He seemed to think that she was just a person who was trying to study very passionately.

She followed her teacher to the classroom.

"You're a transfer student, but I don't think you need to introduce yourself because it's the first day of school. Go in and just sit in an empty seat."

Arin nodded at the teacher's words.

As she reached the front of the classroom, her heart pounded at the noisy voices of the boys. The homeroom teacher looked at Arin, who was hardened like a plaster statue outside the door.

"Why don't you go in?"

She raised her head in his voice and stepped into the front door of the classroom.

"Since you came in through the front door, let's introduce yourself and sit down."

You told me I don't need to introduce myself, teacher.

In the square classroom, the students' eyes gathered together. Perhaps because they were sitting in a crowd, everyone felt like an angled objects.

Her heart was beating like a drum. It seems that someone has reduced the size of a bat to a very small, extremely small size and entered the body and is beating her heart with a bat. Her hands were sweaty, and she was sweating coldly.

"Look at his uniform of that a**hole. I thought my dad was here."

The students giggled and laughed at a low voice from somewhere.

"Are you crazy, punk?"

The homeroom teacher knocked on the table at the giggling sound. Then, he gave a glare to the distracted children.

She was nervous and suffocated at the same time.

Today is the first day of me being a fake transfer student, and the first period hasn't even begun yet, so why is it so hard already?

"Hi. I'm Hong Chayeon."

She only introduced her name, but the students applauded.

"Wow,  a transfer student."

"Chayeon, go sit in the empty seat at the back."

"Ah yeh"

Arin bowed her head and said hello and crossed the classroom. She left her bag in the back seat of the fourth row.

After hanging one of her bags, there was one bag left that she received from the comfort room by chance. Arin couldn't see a guy named Choi Soobin in the classroom and looked around from behind.

The moment she tried to hang the bag behind the chair , she saw a guy lying face down in the far back of the division next to her. As soon as she thought the blue windbreaker was not unfamiliar, the one lying down raised his upper body.

The guy who burst his short breath pushed the hood back and took it off, shook his head left and right to fix his disorganized hair. Then their eyes met.

Early in the morning, sunlight pushed through to the end of the classroom, and the light flashed across his brown hair. It looked like a scene from a cartoon, and strangely caught Arin's attention. Looking at  him blankly, she speaks bluntly.

"Stop staring at me, it's weird."