Chapter 4

To Be The First One On Your Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since that night Tzuyu couldn't stop thinking about her interaction with Mina. They were having a moment of something so meaningful but she just had to sputter out about how Mina's noodles were overcooking. 

Mina's giggling face under the kitchen lights made it feel so intimate like they were the only ones in the apartment. The way the light only illuminated parts of her face made her more beautiful.

From that talk, Tzuyu had just hoped that Mina could look towards her and feel security. Even if she couldn't use her words well, she just wanted Mina to know that Tzuyu was there to catch her when she fell, along with the other members. Mina could be alone when she wanted to but she should also just know that when needed the members were just around the corner. 

When the rest of Fancy promotions took place it was as if everything was magically fixed. Mina seemed okay but Tzuyu was a little bit skeptical.

She didn't know if talking to her made it worse and made Mina hide her true feelings when Tzuyu intended for her to be the opposite. The only way to find out was to talk to the other members but they were acting like everything was fine as well.

It made her feel guilty to think she was in this dystopia where everything was perfect and seemed fine but doubted it overall. Unfortunately, she found herself a little bit helpless and let time take its course. The only thing that changed was how Mina would interact during promos. 

Mina had always fondly done skinship things with Tzuyu but it was usually playful in nature. One time on the trip, captured on Twice TV itself Tzuyu managed to make Mina yell her lungs out pranking her on the thrill walk in Switzerland. It was fun for all the members to see Mina a little less reserved than usual.

Another time, was in a relay where they had to give a word of blessing to the person next to them, Tzuyu coincidentally had Mina as the person next to her. When she turned to face the Japanese, the immediate eye contact could not help but make Tzuyu crack up. What made Tzuyu lose her mind was when Mina said "I'm fluttered." (She knew it was just because their eye contact was a little bit intense but at the time Tzuyu's heart truly was fluttering at that simple sentence.) 

When they would be on break and it was just them too going out, it never was for too long, it was only for a little more than an hour. Tzuyu noticed that Mina never really went out unless necessary and her social battery rather died quickly. It wasn't a bad thing by any means but just an interesting thing. Because they were for such short times Tzuyu learned to savor it and really learn about her as much as she could. She liked to think that it helped them overcome the awkward barrier of not knowing each other too well. 

Currently, now though, Mina's touch was soft. She rarely spoke, less than before. The things she said made Tzuyu look more into their interactions and overthink. It was as if Mina was being careful, that Tzuyu was the one breaking instead. It did not make any sense, but again what could she do. Tzuyu felt that confrontation that Mina may be putting up a strong front would ruin things more, so she stayed silent.  Instead, she just prayed that Mina would come upfront in time. 

One day, Tzuyu was hanging out with Elkie at a cat cafe. The members had one day off in between their rigorous preparation for their world tour, and she just needed a break. A lot of things were starting to consume her but she knew better than to complain. All the other members were going through the same exact thing.

"I know I feel selfish for wanting to know what's going on so my mind is eased but I also know I should wait for her to tell me. I feel like I made her less communicative." Tzuyu sighed. Elkie pouted at her friend's frustration. 

"Have any of the oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter