Chapter 2

To Be The First One On Your Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Saturday and Tzuyu felt particularly tired. She woke up a little later than she used to, but it was still earlier than the rest of the members in general. She snagged on a hoodie and went to the bathroom to freshen up. There weren't any events to go to and coincidentally it was the weekend as well. 

A self-care day today? 

Now in the kitchen, Tzuyu tried to open a bottle of jam and grumbled as her hands twisted the cap to no avail. If only Nayeon was awake. Instead, Tzuyu then opted for something simple: instant oatmeal. What made it a little bit more special? It was banana-flavored. She dumped the packet into a bowl and mixed it with milk, careful not to spill the contents over the rim. 

Putting it in the microwave, Tzuyu then waited two minutes trying not to zone out. It was really easy these days to pick a corner and ogle at it. The trance of just focusing on the merging of 3 lines was more interesting than one person would think.

Hoping the beeping of the microwave didn't wake anyone up, Tzuyu tiptoed to the dining table and dug in quickly. HOT HOT HOT HOT, of course, it was going to be oh my god I am so stupid. Tzuyu groaned, shuffling out of her chair to quickly get a glass of water. 

"I need help, I am going insane."

"Aren't we all?" Tzuyu jumped at the sound of another voice. It didn't help that Tzuyu was hanging her tongue out to cool off. It was a little bit of a goofy look if you will, so when she tried to look calm and collected Mina looked at her amused and giggled. "Need help?"

"Hi."

"Hey."

"I burnt my tongue so.."

"I see," Tzuyu wanted to be into the tile floor whole, this conversation was just way too awkward and her banana oatmeal was probably getting to its cold stage. She quickly filled the glass she was holding with water and gave a half-hearted smile. Mina's eyes burning into her head really weren't helping. This much attention in the morning was not her cup of tea. "I guess I should make my breakfast too then. Any recommendations?" Mina asked, shuffling to open the fridge. 

"Oh you know your usual-- ketchup and eggs!"

Tzuyu used that opportunity to slip out of the kitchen and end the conversation. That was a really dumb idea considering Mina would join her sooner and later. 

She sighed that she couldn't taste the flavor as well. It didn't help that she could not even eat fast either to avoid embarrassing contact with Mina because the oatmeal surprisingly was still pretty warm. Tzuyu was anyways trying to eat slower because promotions made her rush a lot, and digestion was a little more unstable. But eating fast would have really been useful in a situation like now. 

Mina joined her because apparently, it doesn't take long to fry up scrambled eggs. Tzuyu grumbled.

"What was that?" Mina looked at her in question, thinking that Tzuyu was trying to say something. 

"Nothing."

"Ahh okay, I see I see," Mina focused back on her meal to take her fork and dip it in the ketchup. "I woke up because I heard some rapid movement. I figured I should check out what was going on." 

So it was because of Tzuyu's stupidity that she had someone catching her in that moment of stupidity. To be caught by Mina was just rough. Unlike the other members, Tzuyu couldn't handle the look of Mina because she was a big eye contact person, like Sana. 

"Yeah, I just forgot to make sure my oatmeal was cooled enough. I was too eager to eat I guess." Glancing at Mina's plate, Tzuyu noticed that Mina seemed to only have scrambled one egg. "Isn't that way too small of a portion? You should eat more." 

Mina giggled. How does she do that softly too? Is there a mute in there or something?

"I have a promotion in some hours, I don't want to be too bloated in the photoshoot." Mina played with her food a little bit, watching the eggs crumble under her fork. Tzuyu scoffed.

"Who cares? It's been years since our debut. You should eat what you wa--" Realizing who she was talking to in the middle of her sentence, Tzuyu quickly shut and bit her tongue.

That really wasn't a good idea considering she burnt it moments earlier, so it made her wince in pain. Mina initially flinched at Tzuyu's straightforwardness but eventually, her lips twitched into a smile.

Tzuyu watched Mina carefully only to pay attention to how Mina's moles almost came to the center to connect to each other as she displayed her teeth. 

"I appreciate you being caring but it is so I don't feel slumpy during the shoot. I will have a feast after, I promise." Mina looked at Tzuyu like how Nayeon marveled at babies. It was very powerful.

Tzuyu had a weird habit of tilting her head down but still looking straight ahead, and she was making the same exact expression towards Mina. She then nodded silently and refocused back to her oatmeal. 

"Do I have something on my face?" 

"No."

"Oh." Mina held a tight smile after that. Tzuyu j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter