Chapter 1

To Be The First One On Your Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu is pretty. Pretty people know that they are pretty, and she specifically had heard it so many times. It was enough times that it almost became meaningless as time progressed farther from Twice's debut. She knew it was her strong point and yet resented it so much. Was having good genetics her talent? After all, the amount of advantage she had from her face alone would have gotten her far, even if she didn't debut at all. Her beauty outshined any other talent that she pursued to build, and that was frustrating. 

When Tzuyu became confident, she decided to finally stop moping and keep going to get compliments about any other topic. She had eyed archery for a while and finally came down to prepping for the Idol Olympics. It worked like a charm until it didn't. 

Because apparently looking cool while shooting versus getting a perfect score is more important in the headlines. Tzuyu scrolled through Naver that day and almost thought of keeping tally of the sighs she exhaled. Although, she did a little victory dance reading about how people mistook her Olympian archer.

If she had pursued a career with that, would the comments be a little different then? She wasn't sure but she'd like to think she made the right choice. The one thing she did right was to stay by her eight other members, it was the one thing she could never ever regret no matter how much she had gone through. 

Sana was an absolute godsend for Tzuyu. While opening up wasn't something Tzuyu was used to, Sana made it easy. She didn't ask questions and made her comfortable enough to show Sana her mischievous side. During Sixteen, even though Tzuyu's Korean was lacking, Sana gave her the opportunity to be treated as an equal, hardworking member of the team. Even though they lost the battle, Tzuyu will never forget the moments of that day. Sana had stars in her eyes, and even though her heart was ready to beat out of her chest moments before the results, she was comforted by the tight grip of Sana's hand. As long as Sana thought she did well, then Tzuyu thought she did well too.

The effect of Sana's grip was so powerful that even though Tzuyu let go for a brief moment to speak into the mic, she immediately sought to bring her hand once again to Sana's and hold it even tighter, and that too with both hands. Maybe they were a little sweaty, but there was no way they were going to slip from each other that's for sure. 

Being with Nayeon and Jeongyeon, Tzuyu enjoyed being pampered, even though she would probably never admit that. Rather than always be confused with how Tzuyu would communicate, they actually enjoyed her bluntness. Being so young, Tzuyu almost forgot she was in a competition and felt like she was in a simple school talent show. After a long time, new fans would maybe think that with the two being the more competitive members, they would prioritize winning over anything.

While that was true, making sure Tzuyu got to be a kid was before that and she greatly appreciated it. Especially after the flag incident, who was she to know that it was wrong to acknowledge where she was from, and it would roll her into political media. Nayeon's worlds repeated simply, "We will be okay." as if she was in the mess too. Truth be told this incident prolonged chances from Twice promoting in China so it was true but, those words made it seem like it wasn't her fault. That was nice.

Jeongyeon acted as if nothing had changed and still pranked her, a break from all the serious attention the other members were giving to her. Jeongyeon's dumb funny faces played through during that time as her normalcy, and Tzuyu wasn't going to complain about it. 

Chaeyoung and Dahyun played a big role

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter