Chapter 3

To Be The First One On Your Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweat started to bead upon Tzuyu's forehead. It was another day of practice for the girl's comeback 'Fancy'. She wished that she dressed in lighter sweatpants since today the runs this time around were extra vigorous. 

Usually, they would practice the first verse, take a break and then go to the second verse but time was crunched. It was run through after run through, and it didn't help that some of the exhaustion was showing. 

Their comeback stage was soon, the group absolutely had to get this right not only because of the deadline but for themselves. After being with the members for a couple of years, Tzuyu had seen how each person in Twice perceived or took on their mistakes.

Besides the official dancers, many would underestimate Dahyun. She practiced a lot on her own and was the hardest on herself. Jihyo also was like this and Tzuyu thinks that it probably is hard to tell that's the case when she's on stage. How much Jihyo struggled with choreography no fan would guess. The leader was just that determined. 

Tzuyu saw Sana and Mina talking in the corner of the room, but it looked different from the usual easy-going energy they would have. While she wasn't one to eavesdrop, the silence in their voices made her concerned. From the looks of their faces, it seemed like Sana was trying to console Mina about something, but she couldn't quite tell.

Frowning, Tzuyu tried to look away. From what she saw, she did not like the fear that shadowed Mina's face. It was like she was nervous, horrified. It scared her, she had never seen that look since their first very showcase, but this was more heartwrenching. It was as if Mina transferred the feeling to her. 

Tzuyu's stomach suddenly ached and she felt butterflies, the wrong kind that made her feel like something bad was going to happen. In the past year, it was super busy, but throughout all of the sensitive feelings, the members felt they stayed strong together. This, however, felt different. 

"Is everything okay?" Jeongyeon approached her, handing some water, "I know we are practicing really hard today but you don't look too well." 

Tzuyu her lips and simply pointed to the corner with the two Japanese members. Jeongyeon and her watched as Momo walked up to them forming a small huddle. Sighing, Jeongyeon changed her look to sport a face with a little bit more seriousness and pursed her lips.

She tried to reassure Tzuyu, saying, "It is just one of those days that are a little more difficult. Mina is just a bit under the weather, but don't worry we will all be there for her, you know that right?" While Tzuyu was the youngest, she was not as naive as most thought. 

"I know." Tzuyu nodded her head, moving her tongue around in to feel her teeth. It was a weird habit she had when she was feeling uneasy. 

Jeongyeon ruffled her hair, "Good." 

I wish I could talk to Mina.

Tzuyu wasn't good at giving advice by any means but she liked to think that she can give a comforting presence. She always tended to say things bluntly so it would come out as aggressive and maybe scornful. Okay, maybe she wasn't the best person to have as emotional support. Tzuyu was just thankful at that point the members knew she didn't mean to be rude.

Maybe she can't be full of skinship like Sana or give nice comforting words like Jihyo, but she always tried. It was always a wonder for Tzuyu what the other quiet member preferred, but she never complained so she just assumed that Mina could like everything. 

Thus, it was mentally decided that Tzuyu would get a special something for Mina as silent appreciation, hoping she would feel better. She just had to wait until after their choreographer approved, so she made sure to put in her all so they could end it quickly. 

Let's do this. For her. Tzuyu cringed at her thoughts, thinking it was words straight up copy-pasted from a rom-com, but held a small smile to herself. She just hoped that her mission would be a success.

"Aww Tzuyu did you bring presents for me?" Nayeon watched Tzuyu enter the dorm with tired feet and a brown paper bag. Tz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter