broken.

jealousy is a disease.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before Wonyoung knew it, the next day arrived.

She feels both excited and nervous to hear how the conflict between Yujin and Gaeul ended. She feels excited knowing there's a possibility they could have broken up, but she also feels nervous knowing that there's a good chance their conflict was resolved with no issues.

Wonyoung gets ready for work, throwing on her apron and tying her hair up in a ponytail. She pins her nametag on her chest and grabs her belongings, heading off to work.

Wonyoung feels sick to her stomach. Anxiety is eating her up and she hasn't even arrived at work yet. Her heart races. It seems the nervousness has taken over the excitement. The different possibilities keep running in her mind and she can't keep it all straight. She doesn't even feel like eating breakfast. She feels like if she did, she'd definitely lose it if Yujin says everything turned out okay.

Once she arrives at work, Wonyoung lets out a big, deep breath. She takes a moment to mentally prepare herself for what is ahead before slowly stepping inside. 

When she steps inside, the café is already bustling with guests. Wonyoung realizes the urgency, so she hurries to clock in and get to work. 

Yujin is there, but she hasn't had many opportunities to talk to her. Whenever she was about to speak to her, a customer would come to the counter for Yujin to take the order for. Then Wonyoung would have to make them their coffee, making it practically impossible for them to have a conversation.

Instead, Wonyoung would sneak glances over at Yujin, hoping she would show signs of seeming sad or just upset in general. She felt wrong in hoping that the woman she is supposed to love is heartbroken. But... that just means she would have an opportunity to comfort Yujin and shoot her shot.

However, the older girl did not show any signs. She seemed just like her normal self... happy and cheerful. As always, she is ready to work hard to earn money for herself. Wonyoung hopes that maybe deep down inside, Yujin is heartbroken and she is just good at hiding it. 

Finally, once the clock hits noon and the last customer leaves the café, Wonyoung sees the opportunity to go talk to Yujin. So, she starts to approach the sweeping girl, bracing herself for the worst. She decides to surprise Yujin, a smirk growing on her face. She sneaks up on her from behind, wrapping her arms around the older girl into a back hug.

Yujin lets out a small gasp in surprise, before whipping her head back to look at Wonyoung.

"Jeez, Wonyoung! You nearly scared the out of me!" Yujin lets out a big sigh of relief, glaring at Wonyoung with narrows eyes before her expression turns into a smile. 

That eye-smile. That beautiful eye-smile. Wonyoung wishes she could photograph it into her memory and have it all to herself.

"Sorry," Wonyoung giggles, letting go of Yujin. Yujin then turns around to face Wonyoung.

"So, what's up? Hopefully today wasn't too stressful?" Yujin chirps happily, continuing to smile.

Oh no, I'm doomed, aren't I? Wonyoung thinks as she notices Yujin's tone of voice and body language. But she keeps her composure.

"Not much. Today was not too bad. Just another crazy busy day," Wonyoung answers, smiling right back at Yujin. "How about you? Did you ever make up with Gaeul?" She finally asks, gulping nervously.

"Yeah! We made up!" Yujin responds as her smile widens. "As soon as I got home, Gaeul was ready to apologize for what had happened. I apologized as well and we came to a compromise," she shares.

Wonyoung should be happy for Yujin. The serious relationship she has with Gaeul was not ruined and Yujin gets to continue to be happy. Wonyoung cannot help but with that Yujin was happy in a serious relationship with her instead. Her heart sinks at Yujin's words, trying her best not to make her disappointment obvious. Her stomach churns with dread and guilt over her own feelings. But... she keeps a smile on her face, ready to give a dishonest response to Yujin.

"That's wonderful!" Wonyoung chirps happily. "I'm glad it all worked out for you two!" She lies, putting a supportive hand on Yujin's shoulder as she keeps her smile.

"Thanks! I really appreciated your advice yesterday. It meant a lot!" Yujin then responds, her smile widening even more. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter