final

free love (just you and me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"hey, where are the kids?" seungwan asks, just coming back to the dorms and finding only joohyun there. 

lately, she's been coming to the dorms and finding it empty. it's not that she's lonely, it's just nice to find someone home. it almost feels like old times where they were still rookies getting excited about their schedules together. now they're scattered all over the country. there are not many reasons to even stay at the dorms anymore anyway.

but seungwan likes it there. as strange as it sounds, she likes the smell.

"working," joohyun tells her, cozy on the couch, snuggled up in a fluffy blanket. 

"so we're alone for tonight?" 

"probably tomorrow too" 

"ah, does that mean I'm a loser in this group? I'm the only one without plans for the weekend." joohyun raises her eyebrows at that. "no, I mean, you don't count. you probably had some plans offered but refused because you wanted to stay at home. made up some sort of an excuse and everything." 

"you know me so well." joohyun says, with a hint of sarcasm. because she was right, she could have been across the town already if she hadn't refused some invitations. she smiled, turning back to the TV and pressing play, having paused the movie when seungwan came home. 

"what are you watching?" seungwan asks, coming up after taking off her shoes. she plops down next to joohyun, a smile on her face freezing when she realizes what's on the screen.

There's a couple on TV making out, very quickly turning the movie into soft . joohyun clears , reaching for the remote.

"do you want to watch something else?" joohyun suggests with a light tone even though the air in the room was very awkward now. 

"no!" seungwan quickly says, making joohyun who was about to change the movie pause, finger already on a remote's button, "i mean, it's alright? I don't mind watching this." she tries to not make herself seem like a weirdo. in reality, she was cursing herself on why she didn't just let her change the movie and had to interrupt out of politeness. 

joohyun sighs, like, okay, it's just one scene how bad it could be? it'll resume the plot as usually, movies do.

it doesn't happen.

the scene changes, now there are two women on the screen talking in a flirty tone.

"what kind of movie is this?" joohyun mutters to herself, but she sure seungwan hears her.

the movie, once again, turns into soft , but this time with women.

as joohyun reaches to turn it off, seungwan stops her.

"unnie, um," she hesitates. "we didn't turn it off for heteroual couple?"

"you want to be inclusive? now?" joohyun groans.

"unnie, i support you, one hundred percent, you know that. we can watch it, it's not worse than the scene before." seungwan decides.

joohyun had come out to the girls early in their career. it was one of the scariest things she has done, but she did it. she didn't think they were homophobic or anything like that. it's just, you never know. a lot could happen. luckily, they were accepting, seungwan especially. she would read a lot of articles, bring up news about the gay rights movement in korea to her all the time. she even suggested going to the pride parade with her but joohyun was quick to remind her that they are idols in korea and that wouldn't fly here.

joohyun rubs her eyes, letting the remote go because she knows seungwan will probably overthink it and feel guilty for at least a week if she turned it off.

the movie is awful. joohyun was only flipping through the channels to find something to watch and stumbled on it. the plot is full of holes and people seem to be having all over the place. joohyun has lost interest and also plot. who was the main character again?

seungwan on other hand gets invested. she's watches with wide eyes and gasps when a character reveals they are in fact not dead. joohyun doesn't want to judge but does it anyway. she wants it to be over so she can go to her room and forget she ever watched a movie like this with her dongsaeng.

"unnie, you'd do it like this?" seugwan asks, as the scene shows two women flirting, it's clear she's interested in the way same- relationships work and wants to hear it from joohyun.

"i like older women." joohyun blocks her attempts, the character that's chasing the other's affection is older.

"then you'd like for it to happen like this? for you, i mean?"

"i don't know. this kind of seems desperate."

"then?"

"something quick and clever would do." she gives up. "i like smooth people."

"i'm smooth."

joohyun laughs at her and seungwan gets offended.

"you're a little awkward," joohyun tells her with all the love in the world, giggling at seungwan's expression.

"i can be smooth when i try!"

"you're too embarrassed." joohyun shakes her head, then gestures at the women making out, "maybe on stage while performing you could be somewhat at this level, but not casually."

"you're saying i'm not good at flirting?"

"you're good at being soft?" joohyun offers, "you're warmhearted. it's a good thing."

"i never flirted with you, you don't know!"

"well, i mean, maybe jokingly you did?" joohyun turns to look at her, playing with the big fluffy pillow on her lap,

"so, you're saying it's useless to even try, huh?" seungwan sulks, "how am i supposed to get a partner?"

"it's not useless." joohyun discards the pillow and shifts closer, putting a hand on her thigh, "you're warmhearted," she repeats, "it's one of your many best personality traits. you do things out of consideration and, you know," she looks around awkwardly, "it makes people's hearts flutter."

"i make your heart flutter?" seungwan blinks.

"that's not what i said-" joohyun immediately defends herself, but at the look at seugwan's face, she relents, "it's like, you do something for me, no questions asked and i get a confirmation that you're a good person?" she more asks then tells her, "like i put my heart in a right place, that kind of thing. you know, like, i love you and stuff." she swallows, "like a member, or well, a friend."

slowly as joohyun talks seungwan's face turns from slightly pink to red, even the tip of her ears starts burning and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter