Ch. 2

Comfortable Silence || MiChaeng
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun smirked upon seeing her bestfriend in the same position without moving a muscle for the last two minutes or so, agape. "Thinking about the girl next few rooms?" She wiggled her eyes in a teasing manner but Chaeyoung proceeded to ignore her.

 

The two were currently back at her room, eating food that Dahyun ordered for her and her bestfriend. Chaeyoung wasn't one to be picky around what food she wants to eat, but there's just something about hospital food, and she was not here for it. 

 

A splash of soup touched her chin, bringing her attention down to the bowl she was holding. It appears that a string of noodle along with a small stream of soup has fallen from while she was busy daydreaming about the girl— I mean strawberries and how tasty they are... yeah, that.

 

"Eww what the hell Chaeng," Dahyun snorted in between her laughs as she watched the girl who was in awestruck right after they returned to her room.

 

The girl finally closed and gulped. "Dude, she was hot..." She trailed off.

 

"Who was hot?" Her friend asked, clearly finding this amusing.

 

The younger's cheeks flushed a bright tint of red once she realized what she said. "I-I mean the r-ramen," she said in between her stutter, "it was hot," she lamely excused, panting in attempts to 'cool' her 'burnt' tongue.

 

She continued to aggressively slurp on the noodles to drown out the teasing that Dahyun was throwing at her. 

 

Dahyun quirked a brow, "I thought the noodle was hot?"

 

"Shut up."

 

Once she was finished, she couldn't help but daydream again. Well, in her defense, the girl was strikingly gorgeous despite only catching a glimpse of her side profile. went slightly agape yet again, a habit of hers when she's deep in her thoughts.

 

"Was the ramen that good?" Her friend asked, "you ate that up within seconds."

 

Chaeyoung nodded absentmindedly, "She was that good." She then proceeds to drool without noticing.

 

Smack!

 

A small book landed square on Chaeyoung's face which caused her to look at Dahyun with an irritated expression. "What the hell was that for?!" She hissed.

 

"A bible," was her answer while doing the sign of the cross, "to cleanse your dirty mind before you turn into another snake. Look at you, hissing already," Dahyun clicked her tongue in disapproval.

 

"Who in the world carries a bible around," she mumbled to herself before chucking the little book back to Dahyun who surprisingly caught it.

 

"I do since hanging around too much with Sana unnie is decreasing my likelihood of going to heaven."

 

"Pfft," Chaeyoung scoffed, "the way you undress her with your eyes already means you're a lost cause. And plus, I don't think you mind that anyway."

 

Her remark caused Dahyun to blush hard which was apparent due to her pale skin. "Shh," she ironically hissed, "God doesn't need to know that."

 

Speaking of the snake, the door opened revealing a certain someone who was accompanied by Chaeyoung's nurse along with another figure. A bubbly voice caused the two to turn their head towards the door.

 

"Hi Chaengie~" The brunette chirped as she skipped her way towards the younger, arms wide open for an inviting hug.

 

Chaeyoung squeezed her eyes shut while her face scrunched, readying herself for the clingy girl who was thankfully pulled back by Jihyo who was behind her. 

 

"Yah Sana, control yourself," Jihyo reprimanded with her voice firm and stern. The older giggled guiltily while apologizing.

 

Meanwhile, Dahyun 'busied' herself with an upside down bible, slight jealousy arising within her as she was not the first person Sana greeted. Well, she couldn't really blame the older since Chaeyoung is the center of attention due to her injury.

 

"Idiot, you're reading it upside down," Chaeyoung whispered causing the pale skinned girl to rotate her book and bury her face further in embarrassment.

 

The two additional visitors made their way to the sofa where Dahyun sat, Sana happily placing an arm around Dahyun who was now in a slight blushing mess. The brunette shamelessly flirted with the younger while Jihyo sighed.

 

"Yah you two, are you here to visit me or what? This is a hospital not a motel," Chaeyoung said in a joking annoyed tone. That didn't do much, her question basically fell on deaf ears.

 

Jihyo sternly told the two to behave to which they did. Her tone softened as she gazed at the younger who laid comfortably on the hospital bed. "How's your injury?"

 

The younger sighed, "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter