Ch. 4

Comfortable Silence || MiChaeng
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I might start to update at a slow pace since school is starting in a few days so I hope you guys understand...

 

And, I hope the story isn't too boring. Enjoy the chapter~ :]]

 

 

 

 

Mina pursed her lips really tight. She stared at the— for the lack of better word— idiot in front of her who was still staring back with wide eyes. She doesn't know whether to feel offended or to burst out laughing, but she knew one thing for sure; the girl right in front of her was dead serious.

 

The terrified girl slowly backed away with her palm  glued against her opened mouth. "L-look, I-I'm sorry f-for getting on your b-bad side," she stuttered, "I-I didn't know y-you were part of a g-gang..."

 

Mina lifted a brow in confusion, not believing what she was hearing. But she remained calm and composed, not wanting to terrify the girl any further. Such a reaction was foreign to her since it was out of the ordinary.

 

Understanding that the girl was not familiar with sign language, she fished her phone out of her drawer which earned a shriek from the terrified girl. 

 

"AHHHHH!! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE—" Chaeyoung's rambling was cut short when she felt something bright emitting from her palms that covered her face in an attempt to shield herself.

 

She slowly let her guard down and there stood a seemingly calm Mina who held the phone that was centimeters away from her face. And fyi, she tried her hardest to not type 'idiot', she really did.

 

"My name's Mina and I'm mute." Chaeyoung read, short (like her) and direct (unlike her ability to comprehend).

 

The girl sighed in relief, "S-so you're not trying to kill me, right?" Mina nodded.

 

"This is not an excuse for you to gain my trust, right? She nodded again.

 

Chaeyoung scratched her nape in embarrassment due to how she overreacted earlier. "I'm sorry about being a total idiot earlier," she sheepishly said when she finally understood the girl's situation.

 

Mina smiled in assurance that she was okay with how she acted despite it being a not-so-normal reaction. 

 

Chaeyoung was caught off guard by how utterly adorable the girl looked with her smile that she couldn't help but stare in awe. She quickly composed herself, not wanting to make the girl feel uncomfortable and beckoned for her to sit next to her. The girl shyly complied and now the two sat in awkward silence that seems to keep resurfacing.

 

The younger of the two spoke up in an attempt to make everything less awkward and asked some questions here and there to get to know the girl better. They continued to communicate; well, it mostly consisted of Chaeyoung asking while Mina nodding or giving short responses via her phone.

 

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" Chaeyoung finally asked the question she's been dying to know the answer to.

 

Sighing, Mina answered in the nicest way possible. "Sorry, it's not you. I'm just not used to talking to people I'm not close with,"

 

"We don't have to then." Chaeyoung reached for her phone and earphones then played her playlist. "I listen to music whenever I'm alone and don't want to do anything and just, you know, vibe I guess?"

 

She offered the older her other earphone to which she gladly accepted. Mina nodded at the beat of the song, finding it catchy. A smile crept up her face showing that she enjoyed the song.

 

The two stayed like that for awhile until Mina felt a little drowsy, subconsciously laying her head on the younger's shoulder, startling her. Chaeyoung went stiff for a moment with a blush threatening to appear on her cheeks but soon relaxed as she saw the girl had her eyes closed.

 

The sound of Mina's stomach slightly growling made Chaeyoung giggle while it was her turn to blush. "I'll go ask for food," she was about to press the button to call her nurse, forgetting that she wasn't in her room but that was soon halted when the door swung open.

 

"My Mina-channnnn~" Sana cooed as she entered the room with plastic bags of food. "Oh hey Chaengie,"

 

Silence.

 

...

 

 

...

 

 

...

 

 

...

 

"EEEEEEHHHH?!" The other Japanese exclaimed, seemingly confused at the situation that displayed right in front of her while startling the two in the process.

 

Mina hurriedly lifted her head from Chaeyoung's shoulder and looked the other way while Chaeyoung just stiffened as if she was caught cheating.

 

After finally getting a grip of the situation, Sana placed the plastic bags on the coffee table in front of the couch then bombarded Mina with a lot of questions while the said girl just reluctantly signed her response. Chaeyoung carefully got off the bed and hopped her way to the couch with slight discomfort, giving the two some space.

 

"So she was the odd girl you were always talking about?" Sana asked while Mina playfully slapped the girl in embarrassment but nodded nonetheless.

 

Thankfully the subject of their conversation was occupied with her music that the girl didn't hear what Sana just said.

 

"You know her, Satang?" Mina asked.

 

"Yep, she's one of my friends from school," Sana giggled while wiggling her eyebrows in a teasing manner, "why, do you like her?" Sana teased further as she saw how Mina reacted and she was having fun with it.

 

"No, dummy. Why would I like someone who I just barely met?"

 

"No~? I know you, Mitang, you're not comfortable around people you 'barely met'," Sana used her fingers to do the quote symbols, "and I don't think laying your head on her shoulder is a display of discomfort."

 

Sana smirked and Mina did not like the look on her face. "So you do like her?" Mina slapped her again. "Ouch, ouch, geez Mitang no need to be so hostile," Sana whined while she rubbed the area where she got slapped.

 

"She's just a friend, okay?" Mina glared which was undeniably terrifying proven by Sana who cowered in fear.

 

"Okay okay," she huffed and stood up to get the food she bought for the two. 

 

She was planning on visiting the youngest but of course she went to her d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter