Ch. 3

Comfortable Silence || MiChaeng
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a couple of days ever since her 'visit' to the mysterious girl has happened. Chaeyoung was certainly disappointed about the potential friendship she could've built between her and the girl, but the clear disinterest she portrayed made her reluctant and sort of feel defeated.

 

Her friends would occasionally visit to accompany her while talking about things they usually do as well as updates regarding school. She really was blessed to have three friends who care enough to look out for her.

 

Right now, she was currently staring at the large window, deep in thoughts. "Do I seem that annoying?" She asked herself, wondering why the girl a few rooms away from her acted the way she did. 

 

"But all I did was try to get to know her," she frowned. Her face scrunched as negative thoughts swallowed her.

 

Being a bright kid doesn't always mean being surrounded with positivity; Chaeyoung is the type to overanalyze situations and she hates it. She was too deep into her thoughts to notice her nurse let herself in.

 

She jumped slightly at the light tap on her shoulder. "Time for breakfast," her nurse said with a smile, prepping the bedside table and placing food on top.

 

Chaeyoung thanked her nurse and began to dig in much to her distaste of hospital food. It wasn't that bad, but her appetite failed her and began poking at it.

 

"You have to eat more before taking your painkillers," her nurse stated, ushering her to eat a bit more to which she reluctantly complied.

 

Satisfied, her nurse let her drink her meds as she clean the table, folding it to the side of the bed. She grabbed the tray with slightly empty bowls and made her way out. She then returned a few minutes later, facing her patient who looked displeased.

 

"Ms. Son, you seem bothered," 

 

"It's nothing, it's just starting to feel suffocating staying inside this room all the time," she sighed.

 

The nurse knew something else bothered her so she suggested something. "A change of scenery wouldn't hurt, would you like a breath of fresh air?" She asked.

 

The young patient nodded, grabbing her phone and earphones on top of the drawer. The nurse then  readied the wheelchair for her to sit on. "Need anything else?" The nurse asked before wheeling her out of her room.

 

"I'm craving for some yogurt, the painkiller powder is leaving a terrible taste on my buds." She scrunched her face in distaste, earning a light chuckle from her nurse.

 

They arrived at a nearby vending. Chaeyoung opened her phone case in order for her to grab her credit card and hand it to the nurse who stood in an awkward posture. Chaeyoung looked around, feeling the second hand embarrassment but thankfully nobody was looking at their direction.

 

Her young patient laughed, "What are you doing, Nurse Kim?"

 

"You're in luck, seems like somebody forgot to grab their change." She lowered herself and grabbed the coins from the coin dispenser and inserted it. She pressed the keys corresponding to the yogurt and grabbed it as soon as it dropped down.

 

She handed the yogurt to her patient who gladly accepted it, amused at what just happened. "You see, I tend to check for spare change just in case I forget to bring extra coins for bus fare," her nurse shamelessly answered the seemingly question her patient wanted to ask.

 

"That's kind of smart," she said, chuckling once again.

 

They then made their way to the elevator and inside. The nurse pressed a button and soon they were headed up. Chaeyoung opened her playlist and plugged an earphone to her left, leaving her other ear open just in case. 

 

As soon as they got off the elevator and out of the building, the cool wind fanned her face. She inhaled the cool air and sighed, her slightly tensed muscles relaxing at the view.

 

The hospital rooftop consisted of greens and flowers everywhere which instantly calmed her. There were a few benches that decorated the place, and a huge green patch of grass in the center where a few patients, young and old were seen interacting. They were surrounded by a wall of tempered glass.

 

A familiar figure within her field of vision caught her attention. Even with the cold demeanor, she couldn't ignore the fact that she was a gorgeous young woman with her alluring features. 

 

Her eyes were closed, specs still sitting neatly on her face. Her hands that rested on the bench were barely gripping on her book. She was in a very uncomfortable position, her other arm placed on the arms of the bench while her head laid diagonally with the support of her arm.

 

Seeing how Chaeyoung was distra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter