The Waters are Stirring

Wifey House

Surprise! Hope you enjoyed the double update! It was meant to be one but it was way longer than what I had been consistent with so here yah go! Mwah Mwah readers~


Morning came around without sparring a moment for the contestants. 

 

“GOOD MORNING LADIES!” apparently Cierra Summers works like the sun and rings the Wifey House bell that the women were sure they would start hating pretty soon. All the contestants groan in their beds as their host relentlessly goes into their bedroom and continues to ring the bell. “Time to get up ladies! Raise and shine! The boat will be leaving at 8. Prepare yourselves and when you’re ready; board the boat.” With one more gong, Cierra Summers leaves the girls alone and busies herself elsewhere. 

 

Leejung pulls the covers over her head and whines weakly “was the bell really necessary?”

 

“You would have still been asleep if she didn’t barge in” The YGX leader pushes the blanket away from her face and sticks out her tongue to a teasing Misun. The blonde jokingly rolls her eyes and moves off her bed to pat Noze’s head “come on princess, you’ll regret not getting up  later.”

 

Noze slowly sits up with her hair in a mess and closed her eyes “maybe the beer wasn’t the best idea.” 

 

The youngest of the three laughs as Noze collapses back into bed and hides away in a fetal position. “Come on girls! You only have an hour before we leave the island! We will sail without you if you miss the boarding time!” Cierra Summer’s voice bellows from outside. With their morning abruptly starting, the contestants all start to dress for their day and slowly board the boat.

 

Leejung comes out of the bungalow wearing an emerald green body suit and baggy black sweats, harmoniously matching mother nature. She stretches her body as she reaches for the sky and feels the morning sun on her skin. The YGX leader was ready for the new day and catches sight of Noze exiting the house wearing an airforce blue cropped cardigan and white shorts. The still groggy dancer pulls her bucket hat lower to avoid the sunlight in her eyes. 

 

“Unnie… you don’t seem like a morning person”

 

Noze squirts her eyes barely able to look at Leejung “I’m trying my best here, yesterday literally took all my energy.” 

 

“Oh! I know what might help. Here” taking Noze’s hand, Leejung places a small object wrapped in plastic and smiles proudly.

 

This woke her up and became confused “did you give me trash?”

 

The lip-pierced woman scoffs in false mockery “do you really think I would give you trash this early in the morning? Just look at it.” Unable to figure out right away what was in her hand, Noze brings it closer in and finds a shiny piece of candy. “You mentioned you like fruit on day one. It’s strawberry-flavored candy. I found some back at the bungalow and thought you might like it. I promise they taste yummy!”

 

The sentiment made Noze shy and plays with the wrapping “thank you, I think I’ll save it for later.” As she’s about to put it in her pocket Leejung grabs her wrist and takes back the candy.

 

“Aww why later” she whines “come on, try it now! I wanna know if you think it’s yummy~”

 

There she goes again; melting at the sight of Leejung acting cute and for what? Just so she can eat the piece of candy she got especially for her? I guess I just answered my own question. 

 

“Okay okay, I’ll try to now. Give it to me.”

 

“Nope, you might save it for later again. I’ll do it” Leejung unwraps the strawberry-shaped jelly candy and hold it up to Noze’s lips, “say ahh~”

 

“Y-yah Leejung! I can feed myself!” she can feel her face flush pink. She tries to take the candy but fails as the younger woman acts cheeky and draws her arm back.

 

“No. Hurry up and eat it before the sugar starts melting!”

 

“Aish…” Noze huffs in embarrassment but revels in silent happiness that Leejung was being sweet to her. Leejung pops the candy into Noze’s mouth and smiles triumphantly. 

 

“So? It’s good right?”

 

Unable to confidently answer without cracking her voice she nods and is grateful she's wearing her bucket hat at that moment. 

 

Satisfied even with the nonverbal answer Leejung graces Noze with some mercy and travels to the boat tease-free. When all eight women, the host, and the remaining camera crew climb onto the boat, they head back to the mainland shore within 15 minutes.

 

Cierra Summers was the first to get off the boat and turns to face the ladies who followed after  “I hope you all had a wonderful time as the winners for the first group date, as a bonus I’ll inform you right now before team  B, there will be another event later today. You’re not allowed to speak of it to the others but I will advise that you watch how you conduct yourselves for this event.” The host claps her hands to finish her announcement and gestures to the mansion “I will be seeing you later today, and please refrain from speaking of the update to the others. Until then ladies!” she gives a grand wave and takes off in an off-road Jeep. 

 

The announcement gives the contestants mixed feelings but they make their way back to the house regardless of how they felt. Leejung exhaled the overwhelmed emotions she had after hearing Cierra Summer’s warning. Another event already, just when she thought she was going to be able to relax and maybe talk to Noze about last night.

 

When team A enters through the back doors, their noses were greeted with smells of breakfast. 

 

“Well look whos back!” one of the women from team A greets and notifies everyone else in the house that the other half of the cast is back.

 

Another woman greets them with a happy face, “how was it?”

 

“It was super cute~ There were lights everywhere and the plants looked so pretty!”

 

“Aww I wish was able to go”

 

The reunion triggers a whole conversation exchange for the whole group over breakfast as team A tells how wonderful the setup was that the staff did. From afar, Sarang casts a side glance and watches Noze and Leejung as they laugh with the others at the table. The businesswoman could feel her mood become bitter at the sight. She was used to competition but never has she come across rivalry in this manner. Something about leaving everything in the hands of someone else for something she wants, made Sarang feel uneasy. Putting herself on the market, letting herself be compared to someone else, and having the person of their fancy choose them over her. It made her feel like she was wronged. Sarang was not about to let herself be played due to a time disadvantage.

 

With quiet strides, she makes her way over to the balcony near the table. She minds how the two always seem to be with each other since the beginning. By chance of luck, they were also placed in the same room. While she was placed in a room with no one that she fancies. How convenient for them she vexed. Sarang’s eyes never left the table and noticed that even if others do intervene, they clearly see the connection Leejung and Noze have.

 

She sees Noze get up from her seat and throws a wave at the group, probably heading away for a bit. Sarang thinks for a moment before deciding to follow the ivory-haired woman. Without being too obvious she shadows Noze’s footsteps all the way to her dorm and leans on the doorframe. 

 

“Hey”

 

This causes Noze to jump in place and spins her head toward Sarangs voice. The woman gave a relieved sigh, “Oh geez… Hi Sarang I didn’t know you were there”.

 

The CEO heir gives a wirey smile to her response, “my apologies, I didn’t mean to hide my presence from you”. The tall woman pushes off the frame and casually walks into the room, “taking a break from the crowd?”

 

“Yeah just for a bit you know, after the first event it’s been pretty energy-demanding”. A simple hum was Sarang’s response. Her presence was confusing for Noze, it was obvious they weren’t friends so why was the other woman in her room, “can I help you with something?”. Noze straightens her posture and meets Sarang eye to eye.

 

“I’ll be frank with you. Are you interested in Leejung?”

 

Silence.

 

“Why do you want to know?”

 

The taller woman crossed her arms and the friendliness dissipated, “I’m not going to play around with you. I’m interested in her~” she smirks but drops it right after. “But for some reason, she always seems to be around you. So as another contestant on this show I’m asking you: are you interested in Leejung”.

 

The air around them was heavy. This wasn’t a simple confrontation, this was rivalry with a face. Noze had her fair share of drama in her life back home. The competition wasn’t new but was she ready to start having enemies in her love life? 

 

“I don’t owe you answers”, Noze stands her ground as the air weighs down.
 

Sarang lets out a chuckle as she sweeps her hair back, “true you don’t have to” and shrugs. “Have it your way, you know my position. You can deal with whatever you need to figure out”. Stating what she wanted the company heir takes off in a brisk walk. 

 

Noze doesn’t move once Sarang leaves her alone. The confrontation was nerve inducing enough to make her take a moment to stay still. Noze was doubtful in the end if her answer was right. Did it make it look like she didn’t know what she wanted? Noze was sure about Leejung, but to everyone else who wasn’t inside her brain, would it look like she was playing with Leejung? So many thoughts were filling the dancer’s head that she had to shake them off. I can worry about this later. I need to relax. She throws her body onto her bed and lets out an exasperated sigh. 

 

Knock knock.

 

Noze lifts her head and sees Leejung peeking at her from the doorway, “are you okay?” A frown of concern was written on the younger’s face. “Simone told me she saw Sarang follow you after you left so I came by to check on you.”

 

This melted Noze’s heart and urges herself to sit up, “I’m fine, she was just checking on me too.” I mean it’s not a complete lie, it’s more about you and your magical skill of attracting people. 

 

“Oh. Huh that’s nice of her.”

 

The older didn’t want to make the scenario suspicious so she leaves her bed and walks over to Leejung and hooks their arms together “come on let’s not worry the others.” The physical touch surprised the pierced woman and her focus was changed momentarily. To Noze’s disappointment, it only worked before they descended the stairs. Leejung halted their steps and looked at her muse again.

 

“Unnie, are you sure everything’s okay?” Leejung furrows her brows together and it just didn’t feel right to drop the subject. With how Noze has been acting lately, Leejung just feels like she’s missing something.

 

“Yes. I promise everything is fine.”

 

The genius choreographer hesitated, but she let her hunch go “alright if you say so.”

 

Leejung and Noze unhook their arms as they head back inside the living room. They notice their friend Cara looking distressed. The flustered woman was seated next to the idol member of the season. By the looks of it, it seems like Cara was trying to strike up a conversation however Yoomi wasn’t in the mood.

 

Leejung pops her tongue at the sight “poor girl… she looks like she wants to give up”

 

Noze nods in agreement and makes a small wave at her when their eyes meet. Mustering up a smile to reply to the duo, the short-haired woman excuses herself from Yoomi and walks into the kitchen, “should we follow her?”

 

“Maybe, she looked like she wanted to cry” the YGX leader scans the living room and takes into account how there might be too many people present to make this subtle, “on second thought, I’ll go and you stay here. I don’t want to make a scene”.

 

Without making a commotion, Leejung enter the kitchen and catch sight of a pouty Cara who was plopped on a bar stool. She notices her and frowns at her friend, “do you think I’m going out of my league?”

 

“What? No, you’re not. Don’t ever think that” Leejung feels her heart go out to the woman. From the time they have gotten to know each other, Cara seemed like the type to hide her heart for most things but when she loves something, she’ll give her all into it. Unfortunately that something is an idol that doesn’t look the tiniest bit interested. Sighing to herself, Leejung goes and pats Cara’s back. How do you encourage someone with something like this? “You’re trying you’re best. Yoomi is a person Cara, the best thing you can do is show your true self to her and hope that’s something she’s looking for in a person”. Leejung gives a smile, “show how great you are without changing who you are” and wraps her arms around her friend.

 

This was enough to make the short-haired woman feel a bit better. Cara turns her head to the spot she left Yoomi but empty space greets her instead “where did she go?”.

 

“How about we go out and get some air hmm?”

 

Leejung’s sure her little talk won’t fix how Cara is feeling completely, but hopefully being outside will clear her friend’s mind. As they make their way to the backyard, the two are dumbfounded seeing Noze and Yoomi talking. The idol is leaning in a bit too close to the black hair beauty for both observers' liking. Leejung feels tense at the sight but keeps her face stoned. Still oblivious that they were being watched, Noze moves away from Yoomi but the idol tags along with the pretend physical therapist. From where Leejung was standing, Noze’s face looks a little weary but still had a smile. Ah , Cara. It was too late, the soft-spoken woman looked like a kicked puppy. You had one job Leejung, at least do it right. Leejung drags Cara away and catches Noze’s eyes last minute. Impulsively the dancer silently mouths to her, help me fix this, and exits outside.

 

Noze wasn’t exactly sure how she got wrapped up in this mess and now she has to help with the situation. All she wanted to do was be left alone by the idol but now she actually has to converse with her. Putting in a mental shift, Noze turns around and glances at the bubbly blonde. I should at least try to persuade her about Cara. “I’m sorry. What exactly are you trying to ask me?” she gives a puzzled look. 

 

The change in attention shocked the idol, but it for sure brighten up her mood. Yoomi gives Noze an even brighter smile than last time. Noze wonders if that’s even possible.  “I just want to get to know you! During the icebreaker event, you caught my eye and I've been meaning to talk to you since then!”. She juts out her bottom lip in an attempt to look cute, “I failed the first group date though so I was pretty sad about it”.

 

Noze nods at the idol's explanation and shifts around in her spot, “there’s always the next time, I’m sure you’ll get in at least one of them soon”. The older woman is frozen on the spot when Yoomi practically throws herself at her, giving a tight hug. WHAT IS HAPPENING? PEOPLE ARE STARING!

 

“Awww you’re so sweet, I knew you would be kind. Your vibes were exactly the same when I first saw you on day one”

 

Noze coughs awkwardly and detaches Yoomi from her in the nicest way possible. She’s not trying to gain death threats this early in the show. “I’m sure you were able to connect with the people here though. Right?” Noze tries to stir the conversation.

 

“Yes and no, I talked to some people but no one caught my attention like you~”

 

Lord have mercy this is not helping.

 

This woman was dodging Noze’s attempts like dodge ball and it was starting to get to her. “What about Cara?”

 

“Who?”

 

Noze raises a brow and her head to the side, “Cara, the one with short dark hair. The girl that was trying to talk to you earlier? She’s sweet and looks likes she's really into you”.

 

“Ohhh, yeah Cara” the blonde looked away indifferently, “she is sweet, I appreciate her attraction towards me. But I don’t see her the same way, I can tell she’s a fan and I don’t think we’re on the same page”.

 

Noze could feel her face falling as she listens to Yoomi speak about Cara and cut in “It’s true Cara is a fan of yours and frankly half of the group here are. But I really think you should give Cara a chance.” She counts with her fingers as she reasons out, “she has a really sweet side that you can’t help but love and root for. She also wears her heart on her sleeve, you can tell her fondness for you is pure and there’s no ill intent. Cara is such a shy softy! I’m sure once you get to know her, you’ll see how nice she is~”. Noze is sure that a little advertisement would catch some of Yoomi’s interest.

 

“She sounds great and all… but there’s no chase you know?” the change of topic from her and Yoomi to Cara didn’t go as smoothly as Noze would like. The way Yoomi looked nonchalant was enough to make the dancer’s jaw muscle twitch.

 

“No chase?”

 

The idol continues, “when the group was divided, Cara was almost always in the same room as me and tried to make conversation at different times. It was too much. Too clingy”. The disbelief Noze was feeling as the words leave Yoomi’s mouth. The Rush member played with her nails and huffed under her breath, probably so the other person and mic couldn’t pick it up, “ like a tiny leech”.

 

Noze’s ears were hot and ringing. It was clear enough for the older woman to catch and she was stiff. Don’t react. Respond. Don’t react. Respond. “What was that?”

 

“Hmm? Oh nothing”

 

Noze stepped up into Yoomi’s bubble and stares straight into the other woman’s eyes, “are you sure…” her eyes sharpened and colors of caramelized sugar flickered a dangerous glow. Whatever the idol wanted to say was cut short and closed her lips as she feels an uneasy chill going down her back. Not wanting to waste her time anymore the tatted woman walks around Yoomi while casting a side glance. What was that expression, the idol couldn’t tell. Noze exits the room to go outside and find the ones who deserve her attention. 

 

The blonde woman was left speechless. Seeing the feminine figure disappear in front of her, Yoomi’s eyes dilated.

 

She’s obsessed.