Another No Confession Day

Wifey House

With butterflies fluttering in their stomachs, two equally alluring women had just finished dinner together. It took a while for the two to finally align their schedules but they managed to make it work. 

“Wahhh, I’m so full” Leejung lets out a content sigh and pats her stomach. 

Noze laughs and takes another sip of her drink, “you act like you haven’t eaten for 3 days Jung-ah”. The younger woman gives a big smile and leans back in her chair, clearly not minding the teases from Noze. She’s always felt giddy when the shy woman in front of her would have the courage to be mischievous, even the slightest bit. 

As much as Noze and Leejung displayed a close friendship to the public, the two ladies have had a silent emotional rollercoaster between them. They posted on their social media that they were having a simple dinner hang out, but to them, it was a lot more than that. Of course, neither of them knew the other felt the same. 

They became friends a while back when both were trying to see what style of dance they belong to. Being a familiar face in a sea of students was a sort of comfort. Leejung was naturally a people magnet. Her playful and cool personality was a draw-in to others who wanted to be her friend. Not to mention a growing fan club. Noze was equally as popular but more of a look and do not touch. Being an introvert and intimidatingly attractive made it harder for people to approach Noze. Cliques were formed over time but seeing the other woman made coming to class a little more exciting. Time has pulled them apart once Leejung branched out and Noze became more involved with her work. Then the call for Street Woman Fighter turned into a reunion for the two. Reminding them that the small puppy crush they had forgotten about is still there. And boy was it excited. 

Leejung glanced outside, it was getting colder recently and the idea of being out wasn’t very tempting at the moment, so she decided to take her time and tip her head towards Noze.

“Unnie?”

The latter looks up from her phone, “mh?”

“Do you feel like fine china?”

Noze’s brows furrowed together, “are you making a Chris Brown reference?”

Leejung snorts and smiles as she faces her, “No but I can see why you would say that”. A second passes, “I mean like since we gained so much popularity rapidly that it feels like you’re untouchable to others? And not in a good way?”

Noze wasn’t expecting such a deep question but she went ahead and entertained the idea, “ untouchable?… I guess you can say that.” Leejung looked at her curiously “ we been in the public eye before SWF but this is topping it off.” The younger nods her head and leans against the table. Noze continues, “ I feel like I haven’t been able to connect with others as much that are  outside the SWF family recently, kinda makes me feel lonely” she jumps in her seat frantically “not that I don’t enjoy your company!”

The woman adorned with her signature red lip laughs and swats away the comment with her hand, “Noze Unnie I know! Don’t overthink about it”

With her back on the seat, Noze sighs and gives a reluctant nod even if she’s still overthinking. She doesn’t want Leejung to get the wrong idea. “ What about you?”

“I guess I feel the same… but it’s not so bad since I get to spend time with you.”

Silence.

“I-I mean! Like I enjoy it-“

“Oh yeah! Yeah I get- I enjoy-“

The two talk over each other and end with no idea how to backtrack on the subject. Leejung clears , feeling the back of her neck getting warm. “ I get what you mean and I feel the same, but it’s not so lonely… with you… yah know? Yeah.”

“Mhhh” Noze responds softly as she feels her cheeks changing to a pretty shade of pink. “This was nice”, she mentions quietly as she looks down. 

Now it was Leejung’s turn to look down, particularly at the cutlery, “It was nice, we should do this again sometime.”

The two embarrassed women collect their belongings and pay for the meal. Rain sprinkles from the sky as Leejung and Noze each call for a taxi. 

“I’ll see you during our schedule?”

Leejung smiles warmly, “mh~ I’ll see you then. Bye~…”

Noze does a little wave before heading in the car, “bye~…”


It’s been a couple of days since Leejung and Noze had their dinner and the mini heart attacks from flashbacks about what happened have finally subsided. The YGX leader had just ended a choreography session with an idol group and was walking down the studio halls to review some things in her office. “JUNGIE!”

Leejung turns around and sees her teammate Yeojin chasing after her, “Oh! Unnie!”

The orange-haired woman takes a breath and puts a hand on Leejung’s shoulder, “ girl how do you even walk so fast”. Yeojin stands up straight, “I saw your story post!” The young woman gives a shy smile, “sooo? Are you gonna tell me or not? Your special little date with the one and only Noze?”
 
“Shhhh! Unnie!”

“What?” She chuckles, “ you act like there are people here.”

“Because there are people here! You know how people are!” she quietly mutters, “it wasn’t a date.”

Yeojin gives in and understands what her team leader means. Not wanting to give her a hard time Yeojin speaks more privately, “were you able to tell if she’s into you?“

Leejung sighs as she rubs her nape, “I honestly can’t tell, she mentioned feeling lonely and I ended up embarrassing myself by replying that I felt the same but not when she’s around”

“You said what!”

“I know! I know!”

Yeojin nudges Leejung’s shoulder with hers and laughs wholeheartedly, “wow, you really are charming without trying huh Jungie”

“Just shut up already.”

Next schedule meet up- 

It was going to be a nerve-wracking day for Noze. She swears that she has looked at herself in the mirror at least 5 times before she arrived at the recording site. Today Leejung, her, and a couple of other dancers were going to be back up for a soloist. A part of her thank God for having the shoot at a hot spring. Maybe she could sneak in after and relax her nerves. She glances around the set, seeing most of the production crew there. The majority of the shoot will be shot at the springs to give an oriental aesthetic and she gives it a thumb of approval. The petite woman hurries her way in and places her things at her station, making her way to the changing room for her costume. Not long after Leejung arrives with her makeup and hair done. She greets the staff with a bright smile and goes to the dancers' station. 

“Hey~”

Noze turns her head to the sound and sees Leejung at the entrance. “You’re here!”

Perking up from the happy greeting, Leejung walks over with a small spring to her step to where Noze is. The older woman was wearing a mix of traditional Korean clothing and streetwear. “Did you get here alright Unnie? It said it was going to start snowing by the time we performed.”

Noze thought it was sweet that Leejung showed her concerns over her, not that she’ll say it out loud. “Mhh, there wasn’t too much traffic so I got here fine.” She stands and brushes out her outfit with her hands, “the snow is an unpaid actor”. The two laugh it off and separate once more to prepare what needs to be done. 

The shoot begins, the dancers take their place behind the solo artist and production runs smoothly. A few more takes from different views keep everyone busy, by the time the breakdown comes on, the snow starts to fall heavily. A transition puts Noze and Leejung in the back, having them dance side by side. They focus on work, no silly stunts, no shy glances. The women showed the utmost professionalism. The dance they were performing required power and sharp turns.

Slip.

“Huh-”

Splash.