teyvat's laws,

home is wherever we are together,  traveling
login screen
 
 
 
 
may
CELESTIA
CELESTIA
be with you.
you will see the true nature
of this world.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
as i've written before, this will focus on the traveler (unsure who to choose, but we'll get to that later!), their adventures and bonds throughout their journey, and finding their sibling to return home. this will deviate a bit from canon as we honestly don't have much to go on, so i'll base most of the writing on theories before canon lore.
 
this is more of a traveler-centric story instead of characters simply because the traveler is treated like absolute in the game and on forums, so i want to shower them with all the love (the characters are a huge part of their and the story's development!). despite that, this is still a pretty angst-driven fic. i don't have a set party number, but i do want all of the elements if possible, so i may choose seven (7) characters. this doesn't mean that they'll have to be different elements, it's just a base for my own convenience.
 
with that out of the way, the background lore is that aether and lumine came to teyvat around two thousand (2000) years ago before the cataclysm. because their own world is uninhabitable, they travel across the dimensions to find a suitable place to live in, which happens to be teyvat. the abyss twin, who awoke first after landing, built a kingdom—this will be known as khaenri'ah—with their knowledge of being from a different world. however, because celestia didn't approve of the way the land ruled without a god (it was the true land of freedom, eternity, wisdom, justice, and love), they ordered the gods to destroy khaenri'ah. the abyss twin wakes their sibling in an attempt to run away, to which we are now at the beginning of the game where the abyss twin is captured to wander the abyss by the unknown god and their sibling's power and memory are sealed. (i am basing this off of wei's big brain theory that i rec to you for a better understanding; they privated the video i'm actually so sad. their vids are mind blowing and crack-ish, but watching them will give a general idea of the timeline and theories.)
 
we have always...
had enough time.
 
any animated faceclaims are a-okay whether they are from anime, webtoons, or games (those with gifs aren't necessary!). there are no specific plotlines, though i would like it if we could get one of each element (including dendro) within the party, but this of course isn't a must as you do you! their age,,,oof their age can be anything honestly. if qiqi is a zombie and sayu is an adult, then, well (might as well be ageless like childe).
 
the regions (and the countries / cultures they are based off of) are as follows:
MONDSTADT anemo wind, based on germany, "ruled" by barbatos venti the archon of freedom.
LIYUE geo earth, based on china, ruled by morax zhongli the archon of contracts.
INAZUMA electro lightning, based on japan, ruled by baal raiden shogun the archon of eternity.
SUMERU dendro nature, based on the middle east, ruled by kusanali nahida the archon of wisdom.
FONTAINE hydro water, based on france, ruled by focalors the archon of justice.
NATLAN pyro fire, based on african / mayan culture, ruled by murata the archon of war.
SNEZHNAYA cryo ice, based on russia, ruled by tsaritsa the archon of love.
KHAENRI'AH with no element, based on nordic cultures, and ruled by no one, it was a region of advanced technology that was destroyed five hundred (500) years ago in the cataclysm.
 
as far as their character goes, i love to see a variety of personalities. i find particular genshin characters boring, adorable, and straight up annoying, so anything goes; they can be soft like razor and bennett, aloof like ganyu and qiqi, workaholics like yanfei and ningguang—really, just give me anything and we'll work around it. this is the same for their background. since genshin is very lore-based filled with hurt and no comfort, you guys can write all sorts of things (nothing too extreme like ualization, non-consent, or hard triggers though, please for the love of).
 
include all constellations, their names (through c6), and what they do. i understand that they're gained through wishing, but for the sake of the story, the characters will go through hardships and gain them much like how they gained their vision as a reward. i don't have a rarity for characters, but if you'd like to write that they're a 5* or 4*, then do go ahead as this will help me to determine how difficult it would be to obtain their constellation (you don't have to, of course). there is no world level as i intend for this to be an open world where higher leveled mobs are located in different areas than low mobs (this means you can definitely make your character something like ar20). the highest adventure rank in the game is currently 60, however as i am doing things differently, the highest adventure rank (level) would be 90 for easier dynamics.
 
we are now trapped here.
 
i've written most of the rest of the guidelines within the application itself, however if you still need clarification, do private message or comment. you can definitely use a different layout, too i would.
the opposite of bennett in which they're the god of luck.
a long lost sibling or relative of an existing character (with a sensible background).
a cheerful person like kaeya, thoma, and xiangling.
someone who can fight tartaglia all day long.
a physical catalyst.
DENDRO.
give me a shota and i will love you forever.
a fatui. (if you can make a harbinger work as well, then yes please.)
someone who hates archons and/or (their) visions.
a delusion user (like diluc or tartaglia).
someone who was raised in the wild (like razor) by hilichurls.
a powerful person (like lisa and beidou) who doesn't need a vision, but they got it anyway.
someone who knows the abyss twin (like dainsleif).
+ more.
ADVENTURE EXP
ADVENTURE EXP
trash of the count's family cale henituse as cain.
this girl is a little wild sila epheria as abelia.
hydro catalyst dps healer.
swift and elegant.
 
who you think the abyss twin should be and the reason is the password. for example, i like aether as the abyss twin because he sounds more emotional and more desperate than lumine who sounds honest to dead tired of .