Chaerin

Catch Me First

 

“Hey Dara, do you want to go to this one event with me?” Chaerin asked.

 

“What event is it?” I replied.

 

“Yeah well, it is an open mic show at the bowling alley we always go to.” 

 

“Are Minzy and Bom going as well?”

 

“Well no.. I just want you to come.”

 

“Chaerin. Why do you want to bring just me?” Chaerin is the kind of girl who likes to go out with her friends or with a group of people. The only time she wants to hang around with just me is when we have a girl talk.. Our talk that we don’t even share with Bom and Minzy, simply because it is embarrassing or it is something we are unsure of. I think I know what it is. “Chaerin, who is it?”

 

Chaerin looked at the ground, she could not meet my gaze. Is that red tints? She’s blushing! I was right! 

 

“Who is it? Don’t even think of avoiding the question! You haven’t had that look for a while.”

 

“Unnie..” Chaerin said in a whining voice. 

 

“You never call me Unnie. Now tell me!” 

 

“His name is Seungri. He’s one of Top’s friends. I guess he goes to another school but he is transferring to our school next week with Jiyong.. I think that was his name but yeah. So can you come with me? He’s performing. I want to see him perform! I don’t want to go alone! Please go with me!” She pleaded.

 

“You didn’t even have to say anything. I would have gone and I’ll be you wing woman for the night. When is it anyways?”

 

“It’s tonight.”

 

“And you decided to tell me now because?” 

 

“Umm.. I already asked your parents if you can go and they said yes?”

 

“Good enough for me. So guess what I did today?”

 

“What? You talked to Top?”

 

“Yeah, how did you know?”

 

“He and I became close this year because of you, don’t you remember?” 

 

“Oh yeah huh. You know Chaerin, I can tease you now!” 

 

“Shut up! Let’s just get through this day so we can finally go to the open mic.”

 

“Ohh. Someone is excited!” 

 

“Shut up!” 

 

I love this girl! I literally would do anything for her because I owe her so much. I really can’t wait for tonight though. Chaerin has not liked a guy in such a long time. It will be fun seeing her work it. Whoever that Seungri guy is, he is lucky that a girl like Chaerin has feelings for him. This is going to be fun.