Protection

Abusive

The next day the Minho and Onew were sitting around waiting for the rest of the group to show up for work.  “Looks like our little plan worked,” Onew beamed as he tossed the little bouncy ball up against the wall and caught it as it bounced back.

Minho caught the ball as Onew bounced it again, “Yeah it’s just I don’t know what Key’s going to do after this.  I mean he did kiss her right in front of him.”

“Hey!  I was playing with that!”

Tossing it up in the air and then throwing it back at Onew Minho looked at his watch.  They didn’t start for another fifteen minutes but he was still worried about them running into Key.  SME still had to decide what to do with him since he did abuse Toma for so long.  No doubt there was going to be some sort of lawsuit against him, and he probably wasn’t going to work with SME anymore either.

“Well whatever happens now is up to Jonghyun and Toma.  Now that he realizes his feelings for her, and she feels the same way back we shouldn’t have to do much more,” Minho sat down next to his friend, “Although I can’t help but feel that Key isn’t done just yet.”



Jonghyun checked himself in the mirror just one more time before he had to leave.  Toma had been picked up by Taemin a little earlier because Jonghyun had something he needed to do before he went to work.  Getting his car he drove out of the parking lot, but he couldn’t stop.  Someone had tampered with the brakes of his car.  Soon he was going full speed out of the lot and ran right through traffic.  What stopped him though wasn’t another car but a light pole.



“Oppa!”  Toma cried out as she ran into the hospital room.  She saw Jonghyun laying there and his face lit up as he saw her.

“Toma,” he tried to move but he could barely stand he hurt too much.  Grabbing his side Jonghyun about fell to the floor, but Tom helped catch him and sat him back on the hospital bed.

Tears welled up in her eyes seeing Jonghyun this way, “Oppa don’t move so much.”

“But how could I not when you come in?”  He smiled at her trying to make light of the situation.  She smiled back at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.  Toma just sat there with Jonghyun for majority of the day, but soon she got a little thirsty.

Telling Jonghyun she was going to go get a juice from a vending machine he told her not to take too long as she left.  About five minutes later she was about back to the room with her drink and a snack for her and Jonghyun to share when she ran into none other than Key.  “Hey there beautiful,” Key spoke to her in the first loving tone he had used when they first started dating.  He grabbed her by the arm, but gently, and pulled Toma closer to him.

Flustered, upset, and just enraged that Key would even show up here after what he did she tried to pull away--but the instant she tried he just held tighter and pulled harder.  “Key!  Let go!”  She cried out.

No one really seemed to pay much attention though as if they weren’t causing too much noise.  “Now why would I do that?  I want you back Toma,”  He was still using his sweet tone on her hoping that it would make her stop resisting.  Seeing that she wasn’t going to stop any time soon he pulled her closer than she already was, making her drop the juice box and snack.  “Oh come on, you always enjoyed it when I talked to you like this gave you a kiss.”

Suddenly he moved forward and put his lips against hers.  Toma didn’t have time to guard herself against such an attack and so Key gained almost immediate access to slip his tongue inside .  Fighting her hardest to push him wasn’t enough, he had her in a tight grip.

“Kibum!”  Jonghyun cried out in rage as he walked out to find the scene before him.  He rushed as fast as he could in his injured state to push him off.  But by the time he got there Key had already released his grip on Toma.

“Oh come now Hyung,” Key said acting all innocent, “I’m still technically her boyfriend.  We never really actually broke up, and you never asked her out.”  He gave a sly grin towards Toma as he grabbed her and pulled her closer.

But Jonghyun stepped in between him and Toma, “I don’t think so!”  But before he could finish his thought the pain got to him again and he started to fall when Toma helped catch him again.  Slightly leaning on Toma he looked Key directly in the eyes and told him, “I don’t care how much effort I have to put into this as I am right now.  No matter the pain I will always fight to keep you away from Toma.”

Key saw he was dead serious and looked at Toma once more.  “Hmph,” and with that he took his leave.

“Ah!”  Jonghyun let out a slight cry of pain and about fell again.  He probably would have too if he hadn’t still been leaning on Toma.

“Oppa!”  She cried as Jonghyun about fell again.  She moved over a little more to help him stand better.  “Let’s go back,” Toma began to lead him back to the room but Jonghyun stopped her.

Standing up as best he could on his own he pulled her in and placed a hand on her cheek, “Toma, I meant what I said.  I don’t care about anything else, I will protect you.”  And as a tear began to roll down her cheek Jonghyun wiped it away and kissed her once more.