Insecure - Epilogue

Random Thought

   Seungri looks at the reflection in the mirror. The reflection is looking at him with deep furrowed eyebrows and long pouts. 
   He needs to calm down. He closes his eyes, takes a deep breath before exhaling them slowly. He repeats for a few more time.
   He smiles when he feels arms around him. Without needed to open his eyes, he knows who is it. The perfume says it all aloud.
   He turns just to meet the eyes that never fails to make him fall in love all over again. He forces a smiles as Jiyong caresses his face.
   "What is it, love? Are you ok?" The soothing voice calms him a little bit.
   "I'm afraid." Comes the simple but clear answer.
   Jiyong knows what Seungri means by. Today is the day where Seungri will come out to his parents. He understands how Seungri must be feeling right at the moment.
   Jiyong smiles at the love of his life. He Seungri's hairs softly which the latter leans to his touches unconsciously. He smiles wider at that.
   "We can postpone it to another day. It's ok." He says to Seungri. He smiles sweetly, trying his best to put Seungri at ease.
   Seungri looks guilty. He doesn't want to postpone it anymore. It's frustrating to see Jiyong tries his best for their relationship when he can't even tell his parents about them.
   "Jiyong.. it's unfair for you. It feels like only you who work hard for our relationship. I don't want to be selfish for keeping our relationship as a secret. 
   What more when we hide it from my parents." Comes the pout from Seungri. From that look, Jiyong knows he must feels sad.
   He holds Seungri's face between his hands, forcing him to look into his eyes.
   "I don't want to be selfish too, for forcing you to come out to your parents when you're not ready yet. Take your time, ok?"
   Seungri takes Jiyong hands away from his face but holds them tightly to the side.
   "But, I want you to be accepted just like your parents accept me. I'm so so so happy when your parents always ask about me. The other day they sent food to our house."
   "You're happy because of my parents or because of the food?" Jiyong asks teasingly which makes Seungri punches him softly on the chest.
   "You know what I mean, stupid." Jiyong laughs at him.
   "Of course I want to be accept by you parents, but.." Jiyong raises his hand, stopping Seungri from cuts his word.
   "But, you don't have to rush it. I don't want you to make decisions when you're not ready yet. It can ruins our relationship. 
   If something happens because of that rush decision, we will keep on blaming one another. We will fight and misunderstanding will bound to happen. Even because of a simple stupid thing.
   And I don't want that." He brushes Seungri's hairs to the back before continues.
   "Yes, I know. We can never avoid from small fight and having issues in the future or else our relationship will be boring. They come to spice up our relationship, and to make we understand each other better. But I hope when that day come, both of us can sit together and talk.
   Besides, I've flirting with you almost 2 years before we become official, so I don't mind waiting for you to be ready to come out. Being with you is more than enough. So stop worrying."
   Seungri hugs him after that. Holding him close and pats his back when he sighs. He sways their body to calm Seungri down. 


   ///


   Seungri tries his best to sleep. His mind is wandering everywhere since the evening. He has been thinking about what Jiyong said.
   He looks at Jiyong's sleeping face. He snuggles closer to Jiyong that earns soft from him. Jiyong never pushes or forces him to come out but he wants to do that for Jiyong. 
   To be in relationship is about gives and takes. It feels like only Jiyong does his best for their relationship, even when he was still pursuing him back then.
   Coming out is the least he can do for him but he always afraid of the outcomes. He loves Jiyong with all his heart, but he doesn't want to put his parents aside. They're always there for him, just like Jiyong.
   He's confused.


   ///


   They're heading home from a dinner at Seungri aunt's. Jiyong drives with Mr. Lee next to him and Seungri at the back with Mrs. Lee. Hanna, the youngest sleep over at his aunt's house.
   "Mama, I want to marry Jiyong, can I?" Seungri suddenly said out of nowhere.
   Jiyong looks at the rear mirror before steals a glance at Mr. Lee. Mr. Lee looks at him and sighs but says nothing.
   He gulps, not knowing what to say. Seungri didn't say anything before they got into the car. How can he just go and say that? What make him?
   He calms himself even though his heart pumps like crazy. He feels like his heart will jumps out anytime soon. He needs to control himself because at the moment, Seungri needs his support.
   How much he wants to fly the car at the moment. The rest of the journey feel in longer than ever.


   ///


   "Get into the house." Is the only word that Mr. Lee said after Jiyong parks the car in front of their house.
   "You're ok, love?" Jiyong asks as he squeezes Seungri hands. 
   "I'm sorry, Jiyong. I don't know what got into my mind. I'm sorry. I don't want anything to happen to us. What do you think my father will say? Will he forces us to break up? Stupid of me."
   Seungri at the edge of bursting into tears. He doesn't want life without Jiyong, but he can't choose Jiyong over his parents. Why is it so hard?!
   "Love, look at me. Inhale. Exhale." Jiyong says to Seungri.
   "You're doing good. Listen, I'm here with you and will always be. You only do what you think is right. Stop worry about it too much, ok?
   Whatever happen, knows that I love you. I'll stand for you, be with you. If your parents want us to break up, I'll fight for you." Jiyong gives Seungri a smile. A smile that says everything will be alright as long as they have one another.
   "So, can we get inside now?"
   Seungri nods eagerly. He's thankful for Jiyong not asking him why he suddenly come out because he doesn't have the answer.


   ///


   Seungri and Jiyong sit side by side with the Lees couple sitting opposite to them. Nobody utter a word and the living room just getting colder by seconds. If Seungri allowed to exaggerate, he will say that he can hear how hard is his heart pumping.
   The tea that his mother served must have cold, from the air conditioner and the tension in the room. Seungri is battling with himself either he should start the conversation or not. Jiyong must be waiting for him to talk.
   Mr. Lee clears his throat, make the others to look at him but still afraid to open their mouth.
   "Seungri, can you repeat what you said in the car? I'm afraid that I didn't hear it right because, I kind of didn't catch the meaning." Mr. Lee brokes the silence.
   Seungri looks at his father. His mouth opens and closes few times like a fish gasping for breath. Jiyong draws small circle on his waist to help him calm down and he appreciated it.
   "I love Jiyong." The words fill the room.
   "What?" Mr. Lee narrows his eyes.
   "Yes, you hear it right. I love Jiyong and I want to spend the rest of my life with him." Seungri tries his best not to stutter. There's no way out anymore. This is the least he can do for Jiyong.
   Jiyong takes Seungri's hand into his. He gives small without missed how the elders look at their entwined hands. He looks at the Lees, tries to figure out what they're thinking. It feels almost impossible to read Mr. Lee expression.
   "We're in relationship. I hope both of you can accept our relationship." Jiyong says. He speaks up because he feels Mr. Lee wants to hear from him.
   "Are you kidding me?!" Mr. Lee raises his voice.
   Seungri flinches. He looks at his father. He never see his father look so angry. His mother tries to calm him down and hold his arm. He can't let his mother to feel sad. But he needs to tell them. Sooner or later he needs to.
   "Do you know what you're talking about? Do you think this is funny?! Have I not educated you enough?!"
   "Papa, I'm sorry." Seungri says with tears. 
   "I'm sorry, Mr. Lee. But, I don't like where this is heading to." Jiyong interupts.
   "And I don't like you. So shut up. I'm talking to my son." Come the firm reply.
   "Papa, please."
   "Don't call me papa if you're still want to be with this guy. You must be out of your mind to say that you're in relationship with another guy."
   It's here. It's finally here. The thing he afraid the most. To not be accepted by his beloved ones, his parents. Although his mother doesn't say anything, he can see disappointment on her face.
   Tears fall down and Seungri doesn't care to wipe them away. His heart broke into pieces. He failed his parents. He failed Jiyong. He's a failure.
   "If you still think me as your father, end whatever you have with this guy. If no, I want you to leave this house."
   Seungri looks at his parents and Jiyong back and forth. He's so confused. What should he do now? What should he choose. They're equally important to him. His father can't make him choose. It's a hard decision.
   Jiyong holds Seungri's hand tightly, afraid that he might run away and hurt himself. He has promised Seungri to respect whatever the decision he'll make. He pulls Seungri into a hug and rocks him softly.
   "Get out of my house." Mr. Lee says before heading to his bedroom. Seungri looks at his father walk away. He's wailing, calling him out with Jiyong pulls him closer into his arms.
   Mrs. Lee walks to Jiyong and Seungri. She softly their heads. Seungri looks clearly at the tears fall down his mother face.
   "Take care of my son, Jiyong. Know that you're always my son, Seungri. I'll talk to your papa. For now, just go home and rest."
   Seungri holds Mrs. Lee hands, "Mama, don't you mind our relationship?"
   Mrs. Lee gives him an assuring smile, "Drive carefully, Jiyong." Is the only thing she says before heading to where Mr. Lee is.
   
   ///


   "You're ok, love?" Jiyong looks at Seungri from the mirror.
    He's getting ready to go to an important meeting. Not that he wants to, but he needs to because he leads the project. Besides, he has postpone the meeting once that earned him a talk with his father, at almost two hours.
   Seungri looks at the curtain as if it can relies his answer to Jiyong. He rarely talk after that night. He wants to go to work but Jiyong forces him to take a leave. 
   Jiyong sighs and his hands stop from tying his necktie. "This won't do. I'll stay with you." He walks out of the room to take his phone on the dining table.
   Seungri struggles to stand from the bed and free himself from the tangle comforter around his body.
   "No! You can't postpone the meeting again. Your father will be so furious."
   Seungri tries to snatch it before Jiyong but failed. He's struggling to stand and take the phone from Jiyong. 
   "He won't. He knows how much I care about you." Jiyong tries to reason.
   "He'll say I hold you back. He'll blame me. He'll hate me. Just like my parents." Seungri starts to cry.
   Jiyong moves closer to Seungri but the latter step back.
   "They hate me, Jiyong! Do you hear that? They hate me for who I am! I'm useless. I shouldn't come out. I shouldn't tell them. Thing must have been different." 
   Jiyong tries to move closer to Seungri before pulls him into a hug. He wants to calm Seungri down but he struggles from him. He pushes Jiyong few times but Jiyong won't budge. 
   "Let me go!" Seungri screams and pushes Jiyong as hard as he can.
   Jiyong stumbles and hits the table behind him. Loud sound of a vase fall down make Seungri jumps a little.
   "Ahh!" Jiyong grunts when he accidentally step on a piece of the broken vase. 
   Seungri runs to him. "No! Don't come closer, love. Wait there." Jiyong walks slowly to Seungri before he helps him to walk to the couch. 
   "Jiyong I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Jiyong I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I.."
   "Shh..it's ok love. I know, love. Calm down. I'm ok." Jiyong Seungri's cheek. 
   "Now, can you help me to take the first aid in the kitchen?" Seungri nods eagerly but Jiyong pulls his hand, "Be careful, love."


   ///


   Jiyong throws the broken vase away after he treats his cut. Seungri wants to help because Jiyong injured, but the older firmly say, 'Stay put.' 
   "I'm sorry, Jiyong." Seungri squeezes Jiyong hands after he has finished cleaning.
   As it a dejavu, Jiyong pulls Seungri to sit on his lap, just like how they were when they confessed.
   "It's ok, love. You've says sorry for the last 30 minutes. I only had a small cut. Stop worrying too much." Jiyong pats his head.
   "What about your meeting?"
   "I've called Dami noona and asked her to cover for me. She knows about that project as much as I am. Don't worry." Jiyong says.
   "I'm sorry." Seungri plays with Jiyong buttons. 
   Jiyong knows what is that sorry for.
   "Love... We'll work this out. It is not your fault. I'll make sure papa accept us, ok?"
   ///
   "what do I honored to have you today?"
   Jiyong looks at Mr. Lee who is sitting in front of him. He holds Seungri hands tightly.
   "I will never give up on Seungri. I hope you'll give your blessing." Jiyong says straightforward to Mr. Lee.
   With a little help from Mrs. Lee and Hanna, they manage to  have lunch together at Mr. Lee favorite restaurant.
   Mr. Lee smirks, "Your relationship has nothing to do with me. This guy choose you over me, his father." He points to Seungri.
   Seungri tries his best to hold his tears and Jiyong notices that.
   "Seungri never choose me over you. If he never think about you, he won't ever tell you about us and asking for your blessing. It is because he respects you that he wants your blessing.

   Have you ever put yourself in Seungri shoes? He always do his best. He tries his best to hide from you. He knows it's hard for you to accept it. But, how long do you expect him to pretend?"

   Mr. Lee clears his throat. Jiyong can see the guilty look, judging from his expression.
   "I pursued him for 2 years. He's not ready because he's afraid of what people will say. But he's not afraid of what people say about him, it's you he's worried about. He worried that you can't stand the comments, the hate, the judgement. All he care about is you.
   Do you ever think how hard it was for him? He care too much about your feelings yet you make him a stranger because of he's gay? How selfish you're?"
   "Jiyong!" Seungri cuts but Jiyong looks at him, dares he to stop him. Mr. Lee still keep on silent. The look on his face is unreadable.
   "See. He still care about you. Can you imagine to be him just for one day? He faked himself every day and every night. 24/7. Pretend that nothing is wrong.
   But, what is wrong? Nothing is wrong with him and he shouldn't feel like there is. He just want you, his father to accept him for who he really is. He still your son, Seungri. Nothing change because of our relationship.
   Can't you give him the chances? Gives us the chances." 
   A waiter comes and serves their order cut their conversation. Makes the question left hanging. When Mr. Lee starts eating, both Jiyong and Seungri eat too. They don't want Mr. Lee to say they being unrespectful to him. They eat in silent.


   ///


   Mr. Lee stands suddenly after the meal, making both Jiyong and Seungri to stand too. Waiting for whatever the elder gonna say. It's nerve wracking.
   "Comes home this Sunday. It's not like you can't be apart from him. You don't even come to visit your family for the last few weeks." Mr. Lee says.
   "And you, don't show too much of your love for him. I still don't like you." He points to Jiyong with stern look on his face. He walks out after saying that.
   Jiyong and Seungri looks at one another disbelief and confused in the same time. It that a green light?


   ///


   Seungri helps his mother washes the dishes and Hanna cleans the table after the dinner. It's weekend, means it's another family day for them. Jiyong with his father in the living room, playing chess because he wants to get on Jiyong nerve.
   "How is it going?" His mother asks.
   "It's all good. I know papa is still trying to get used to me bringing Jiyong home, but I hope it's ok. It's still awkward between us, but I can manage. Has he ever mentions anything to you?" 
   "You know your father, his ego as high as Burj Khalifa." The duo laugh.
   "But, as you said, he's trying. He can't keep on pushing you away when you're his only and favorite son.

   As for Jiyong, I think he has break all the wall that your father has, because he asked me why Jiyong is not coming with you last week, are you guys fighting or something?
   Besides, Jiyong is doing his part."
   Seungri frowns, a little bit confused, his mother takes his hands, 
   "He keeps on sending gifts and things to our house. He came to our house almost everyday, tried to talk to your papa, but he refused. That's why I agree to fool your papa to meet you guys at the restaurant the other day."
   It's all make sense now why Jiyong always went missing during work. Someday he asked Dami to drop him home. He smiles, feeling blessed to have Jiyong in his life.
   "How about you, mama?" Seungri never asks her about how she's feeling about them.
   "You don't have to worry about me, son. I can say that I've know all along. But, I don't want to force you to admit it. I kind of disappointed on myself because when I look at your sad face that night.

    I saw how you smiles when Jiyong is around you. I'm the one who help you tidy your room, I saw the picture, how happy you're and how you blushed in the picture."
   Seungri knows which picture Mrs. Lee talking about. It was the first picture he and Jiyong captured on the first Saturday they going out together. Jiyong kept on pestering him to take picture because that is the first time he said yes to go out together after months Jiyong asked him.
   He's thankful for Mrs. Lee not asking him anything during that time. She must know that he's not ready yet that time. Besides, he always thought Jiyong just teases him, not until he notices all the look and the attention Jiyong gave him up until now. Just thinking about it can make Seungri knees go weak.
   "Stop making that face, Seungri." Mrs. Lee pokes his arms.
   "The face of someone who falls in love. You've been in relationship, do you still want to fall in love?"
   Seungri nods, "I want to fall deeper."
   Mrs. Lee beats him with the towel on her hand and earns a loud laugh from him, "People in love stink!"
   "May I join?" Jiyong says. He missed to see Seungri laugh. It makes he feels happy to see Seungri laugh loudly.
   "Who's the winner?" Seungri asks and smiles sweetly at Jiyong when the older shrugs and smirks.
   Jiyong pulls Seungri waist and shushes him when he tries to pull away.
   "Your mom has go inside. It only you and me." Seungri looks around the kitchen, when did his mother gone? Where's Hanna? 
   "Besides, they've know about us and they should prepared themselves in the future. Because I'm planning to pamper you all the time in front of them." 
   Seungri smiles shyly and put his hands around Jiyong neck. "Thank you, Jiyong."
   Jiyong kisses Seungri's cheeks, "My pleasure, love. Your happiness is my happiness.
   I've told you. I'll be there. I'll be with you every single step you take. No matter how long it'll take.  But has papa always like that? He keeps on getting on my nerves." Jiyong jokingly said.
   "He teases the one he loves." Come the reply from Seungri.
   "Like how you like to tease me?" Seungri smiles shyly.
   "I love you, Jiyong. Stay here with me for long time, can you?"
   "Don't mention it. I'll stay even you push me away. You can only love me, Lee Seunghyun. I love you."
   

 

 

***

Here's the epilogue that some of you ask for. I hope this meet your guys expectation, but I'm sorry if it's not. Thank your for the comments, the subscription and the upvote. For those who are the silent reader, I appreciate you guys. Thank you so much.

Merry Christmas to those who are celebrating and Happy New Year for everyone. Consider this as a  small but late gift from me. See you guys on another one shot. :)